The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rubber banding/non-responsiveness: FOUND: Partial fix for Nvidia Users only.

Merlin13KAGL
Merlin13KAGL
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
This weekend I was having wicked client/server limbo disconnects leading to "rubber banding" - actions/responses pausing and then catching up rapidly later.

This included character positions/effects. Timers were still active server side (DoT, etc), so when things finally 'caught up,' if often meant standing in red circles, not being able to block the heavy attack you didn't get to see coming, or just death in general.

Part of this was determined to be affected by an Nvidia coupled service Nvstreamsvc.exe. It's packaged with many newer Nvidia products (if you have GeForce Experience, you likely have this service running.)

It streams a TCP connection and presumably hooks certain API calls, possibly before ESO gets to process them.

I went into services.msc, found the service Nvidia Streamer Service, and stopped/disabled it.

This greatly improved the performance, everywhere but Vet Group Dungeons.

I narrowed it here by looking at the TCP streams and the bandwidth they were using. A quick internet search indicated the service having similar effects on other games, as well.

Nvidia users only:

If you are having this issue, try the following:

Run a command prompt (<Windows R>, type in "cmd", <Enter>)

Type in "services.msc" when the command prompt pops up.

Scroll down to Nvidia Streamer Service.

Double click.

Stop the service.

(Optional) Change start type from Automatic to Manual or disabled.

See if this helps some.

I currently have a fairly mean machine and a very good high speed connection. This made considerable difference in my normal area gameplay. (This originally became worse after updating Nvidia drivers and GeForce Experience (which came with updated Streamer Service))

As for the Vet Group Dungeon issue - that seems to be a horse of a different color.

Let me know what results you have from this. Hopefully it puts everyone (Sorry AMD guys) a little closer to seamless response gameplay.
Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not totally mistaken that is the Nvidia shield streamer or possibly shadowplay streamer but I'll go with the first one. If not having shield then this should be disabled from the experience settings anyway. Good tip none the less.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Normally 'unused' features like that are non-invasive, but you get the occasional one that likes to cause trouble.

No offense CS, but I normally call BS on things like updated video drivers causing 'network' issues. (My car won't start - do I really need to check my tire pressure?)

After looking at the actual network usage, and with the recent update, it made sense to see if this had an overall effect.

I tend to leave things alone until I find out they're trying to misbehave.

I did not see a direct way through GeForce Experience to disable the streamer service.

Also, everyone, bear in mind, I've only been testing this for a couple days and it seems to have helped in most areas. Disabling a unnecessary background service that was using bandwidth certainly can't hurt performance, in this case.

I'd remove GeForce Experience entirely, if not for the Shadowplay option. (Built in video recording on Nvidia cards, for those that don't know.)
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on October 6, 2014 12:38PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now the question is.....
    1. does this allow eso to drain more resources so lags less ?
    2. does this prevent nvidia software bug causing issues with eso ?

I use to have major problems with nvidia drivers until I dumped them in favour of the official pallit driver for my pallit card. This was fine until 1.3/1.4 when the glitching started....and the obligatory ..update driver rquest :/ [irony]

Twitch stream + shadowplay = issues

I avoid some dungoens like sanguines demesne when its primetime.
    Its just pointless. Server load IMHO. Doesnt have to be 100s of people in the dungeon. Just 3 people and I was playing powerpoint slide show. 1am is loevely...except you are on your own too :(

Perhaps all instanced areas get hit lke a birck when the server bugs out.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on October 6, 2014 1:01PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not see a direct way through GeForce Experience to disable the streamer service.

qx531cu5z0v7.jpg

However it would seem like it still doesn't disable the streamer service though :( that has to be done manually.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Syntse‌ , thankyou for posting the screenshot.
    Syntse wrote: »
    However it would seem like it still doesn't disable the streamer service though :( that has to be done manually.
    Right...these are my favorites.

"It's off...no, really, I swear." and "We don't check for updates, you told us not to."

Why I usually opt for the hardline method. That way I just know.

Earn it.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Syntse‌ , thankyou for posting the screenshot.
    Syntse wrote: »
    Right...these are my favorites.

"It's off...no, really, I swear." and "We don't check for updates, you told us not to."

Why I usually opt for the hardline method. That way I just know.

lmao..... yeah. I will check my services tonight and kill it properly.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited