The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The group dungeon "Darkside Caverns" in Deshaan has been nerfed.

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
I just did the "Darkside Caverns" in Deshaan solo as VR-3 and this zone should be a VR zone as I am doing the Cadwell's Silver quests in the Ebonheart Pact. The bosses had about a 16,000 health, but were too easy to kill. Every other NPC had health lower than 700 with the exception of a few that had a health about 1200.

With the exception of the final boss, the other ones were dealing very little damage, The whole dungeon seemed like it cloned the settings from a level 30 group dungeon zone.

Anyway I put in a bug report, but if you want the achievements, now is the time to get them, or if you are passing by the dungeon, you can confirm this post.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »
    The whole dungeon seemed like it cloned the settings from a level 30 group dungeon zone.
    Uhm, that's because it WAS the lvl 20 version. :D Set the dungeon mode to veteran in the group window before entering. But why are you even trying to solo a veteran dungeon? Especially this one, which is meant for VR6-10.
    Edited by Rosveen on October 5, 2014 11:35AM
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there are no players lower than VR1 in the Cadwell's quest, why would any of the dungeons have a level 20 difficulty? All of the solo and public dungeons so far have the correct difficulty level for a VR player (although nerfed a bit).

This is my third pass through the Cadwell's Silver quest, and I don't remember having to manually set the group dungeons to veteran level, is this something new?

So even if you are not in a group, you have to set the group dungeon to your veteran level? I'll check that option out the next time I play.

BTW I was in the dungeon looking for a lore book when I noticed the difficulty level of the mobs.

Thanks for the information, but I still think in a VR zone, the dungeons should default to a VR level like the solo and public dungeons in the same zone.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked out the Darkside Caverns and changed to Veteran mode as you stated and the dungeon remained at level 30 or so. All of the NPC's had a health lower than 1000.

I when into the Fungal Grotto in normal mode and all of the NPC's had a health higher than 4000 which is what a VR level group dungeon should be in this zone. I was in normal mode.

So it looks like Darkside Caverns is broken.

I can post several screen shots if you need more clarification.