The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

To everyone that says you can't play how you want

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried the best dw nb build I could come up with in aa. Aoe was fine single target was 200-300 less, ultimate generated slower and I wasn't bringing any heals to the group. That's why ppl say there is an imbalance.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this thread just proves nicely that you just cannot play as you want. The pure warrior that never deals with anything just remotely magic(ka) related is not viable. The Conan fantasy remains unfulfilled.

Another part of the problem is that some classes can very well have a skill load out that allows them to solo almost any content at relative ease and without the need to adjust any skills.

As they should, each class is thematic and approaches each role a little differently. Yes, a Templar will be a better heals than a Dragonknight guy who only uses fighters guild and weapon abilities.
    The gap in effectiveness from the worst build scenarios (which still include loved fantasy archetypes) to the best is way too big.

This is how it should be.

This bar:

Immovable, Annulment, Rapid Regeneration, Crushing Shock, Uppercut.

Should not be as good as This bar:

Inner Light, Bound Aegis, Critical Surge, Annulment, Impulse.
    Combined with endgame content that asks for the most effective builds to be comptetitive, even viable build do drop off the radar.

Viable builds always drop off the radar when they compete against Excellent builds.
    And that's due to design choices, not players' inability to adapt.
    Do you have evidence? Sounds to me like you are using System-Blame Method. Tip that fedora, you hipster.

It is due to players understanding the design, and making choices that result in being viable or not viable.

Within; Without.
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    The day that Whirlwind does same damage and cost same as Impulse, I will know they started to balance stamina builds
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »
    I think this thread just proves nicely that you just cannot play as you want. The pure warrior that never deals with anything just remotely magic(ka) related is not viable. The Conan fantasy remains unfulfilled.

Another part of the problem is that some classes can very well have a skill load out that allows them to solo almost any content at relative ease and without the need to adjust any skills.

As they should, each class is thematic and approaches each role a little differently. Yes, a Templar will be a better heals than a Dragonknight guy who only uses fighters guild and weapon abilities.

I wasn't talking about roles. I was talking about certain builds being able to solo even veteran 4man group content without having to switch skills. Not all classes and almost no other builds can pull that off.

So it's more about certain classes being able to fill all (needed) roles at once nearly equally, while others are pigeonholed into fewer roles and just cannot perform at the same level (as in beating the content) overall.
    The gap in effectiveness from the worst build scenarios (which still include loved fantasy archetypes) to the best is way too big.

This is how it should be.

This bar:

Immovable, Annulment, Rapid Regeneration, Crushing Shock, Uppercut.

Should not be as good as This bar:

Inner Light, Bound Aegis, Critical Surge, Annulment, Impulse.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean in regard of the quoted section. Are you in favor of the extreme range of effectiveness? Please elaborate.
    Combined with endgame content that asks for the most effective builds to be comptetitive, even viable build do drop off the radar.

Viable builds always drop off the radar when they compete against Excellent builds.

There's just too few of them and some classes have even less than others.
    And that's due to design choices, not players' inability to adapt.
    Do you have evidence? Sounds to me like you are using System-Blame Method. Tip that fedora, you hipster.

It is due to players understanding the design, and making choices that result in being viable or not viable.

Hipster? Was that some try to discredit me by painting a bohemian picture of myself? Looks like you ran out of arguments and fail to see rather apparent coherencies.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"