The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stat Max and Damage Relationship

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

Call me noob or ignorant, but I really can't find any official info in this.

How (or if) is the max number of your stat affects your (weapon?) damage?

For example, if my Stamina is 1500, is my 2H sword basic heavy attack damage be lower than somebody running around with 2500 stamina cap? How about my 2H tree line skill damage?
Same thing with Magicka and staff damage, or staff skills...
And how about class skills? Do they get impacted too? And world skills, like Vamps?

And how about if your cap is 2500 but your current stamina is, say, 500, because you just spent it all? Is the damage relates to your current level or max cap?

Does max Stamina ultimately increase your weapon damage, and Magicka for spell damage? Is that it? Does it increase it in percentage or level or both? Is it negligible or huge?

Thanks!
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damage is based of your total resource amount for a given resource pool such as stamina or magicka (note a few things scale of health). That goes for basic attack like light and heavy and abilities in a particular line. Even if you consumed all of your resources the damage remains the same because it's tied to your max amount.

Here is a good site that will help you predict how much damage a stat will increase your damage. It doesn't show heavy and light attacks but basically the higher your resource pool is the more damage it will do from attacks tied to that resource. Just search for a skill in question from that site and it will let you know which resources will increase the damage and by how much. Roughly 10points of a stat is worth 1damage, it varies but it's a close enough approximation to give you a rough idea.

Side note - Staff attacks scale of stamina and weapon power but the abilities in the staff line scale off magicka and weapon power. Non staff weapons scale their damage off weapon power and stamina for abilities. Class abilities scale of magicka and spell power. Class ultimates scale based on which stat is higher.
    Edited by Armitas on September 30, 2014 7:59PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! Thanks!
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber