The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

so very sick of hops...

HellRazeD
HellRazeD
My provisioning hireling is only at 2/3, and with the timing the way it is I see no reason to upgrade it to 3/3, however you would think that I would get different materials each day wouldnt you?

All through June I received nothing but 2 hops and 4 hallertau hops from my hireling, and still now, most of my mails are the same. Its very rarely anything different. I have a better chance of finding a potato in a barrel (hint: I have TWO) than getting something thats NOT hops in my hireling mail.
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    i do not think hirelings were meant to circumvene your need to actively look for materials. Regardless the type..just that, for those patience-minded, a choice exists for a couple (or more) alts to occasionally provide the extra tidbit. Nothing on its own, cumulative when running for 5 and 9 weeks

which is why, should you have one or more crafters and playing them as befitting their style, you will notice it is pretty much useless, with the exception perhaps of enchanting ones, and again, debatable.
    I don't see any issue, what did you expect, two hours of work to get to prov 32 is it? for 3/3 hirelings? And all of a sudden getting epic recipe materials? :)
    Pride, honour and purity
  • HellRazeD
    HellRazeD
    Im not stupid and you arent helpful, however my OTHER hirelings are capable of bringing different things each day, why not this one? Why hops every single day, in the same combination?
  • meglon978ub17_ESO
    meglon978ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    i do not think hirelings were meant to circumvene your need to actively look for materials.

Do tell... where exactly should we be looking for tomatoes and oats?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    i do not think hirelings were meant to circumvene your need to actively look for materials.

Do tell... where exactly should we be looking for tomatoes and oats?

This^^, it's the only source of these ingredients, and my Vet 1 character, with level 50 Provisioning should have seen at least one by now.

And yes I do have a recipe that will use oats. (but not tomatoes)
    Edited by AlexDougherty on September 24, 2014 3:43PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. The guy sent me some good stuff a few times when I first got the hireling, now its solid hops every single day. Something has got to be bugged to get all these hops and nothing else.
  • norasaj
    norasaj
    Soul Shriven
    I completely agree about the uselessness of the provisioning hireling. Pretty much 4 out of 5 deliveries are garbage hops and grapes. All the other hirelings constantly give different mats along with actual useful mats. I'm surprised there are any grapes and hops in the world since my useless hireling sends them all to me.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also agree that the provisioning hireling was a total waste of skill points. They almost never bring you things that you need. I get far more useful drops from my Clothier, Blacksmithing, and Woodworking hirelings.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic, but this being the only hireling I don't have, are the mail stories any good?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • HellRazeD
    HellRazeD
    The mail stories ARE good, however they clog up your inventory with crap.

Though as luck would have it, I reported this to tech support the other day and suddenly yesterday I received a tomato, a potato and salt. Wonder if I will get anything good today?

Im desperate for ash millet...
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BLASPHEMY!!! Thou shalt not insult the holiest of holy flowers! For it is soothing to the mind and uplifting to your mood - and never ever making anyone sick.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The mail stories ARE good, however they clog up your inventory with crap.

Though as luck would have it, I reported this to tech support the other day and suddenly yesterday I received a tomato, a potato and salt. Wonder if I will get anything good today?

Im desperate for ash millet...

For heavens sake keep the Tomato, they are rarer than dragon's teeth.

Potatoes and salt are usful for blue recipes (and purple obv), but Tomatoes and Oats are rare.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirelings are meant to bring me tomatoes and oats. Everyday they don't, i'm asking myself why i wasted 3 skillpoints.
    If those ingredients could be found in the open world like pepper i'd be much happier but no, they're hireling-only even though i could feed oats to my horse at the stables(!?)

Why you ask? Logic.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    Hirelings are meant to bring me tomatoes and oats. Everyday they don't, i'm asking myself why i wasted 3 skillpoints.
    If those ingredients could be found in the open world like pepper i'd be much happier but no, they're hireling-only even though i could feed oats to my horse at the stables(!?)

Why you ask? Logic.

They are meant, but doesn't mean they should. RNG is RNG. From the beginning of ESO, I've probably receive 30 tomatoes tops from my hireling. That's how rare it is.

Regarding Oats, I guess you should ask the Stablemaster Association why they are keeping the monopoly for Oats...
  • aklairenb14_ESO
    This blog is one of the reason I quit playing after the first 30 days. Now it months later and the problem is a new... Place the items in the world with a higher drop rate as they did the mud crab and let the hireling pull in any extra. The current way the devs are doing it is a failure. To doing it this way only causes the servers to look like they are now. empty. Keep people busy doing what they like to do.
    Edited by aklairenb14_ESO on September 30, 2014 6:07AM