The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where Can I Get Nirncrux?

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
Where can I get the materials for creating Nirnhoned items? The Nirncrux material. The Release Notes suggest from harvesting Upper Craglorn; if so, what does it actually look like?
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Bushrat
    Bushrat
    ✭✭✭
    Nirncrux is found ONLY in Upper Craglorn from a by-product like worms on harvest nodes such as void bloom, voidstone etc. its either a red rounded stone or red powder.
    Character: Jannex NB Stealth Hunter
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so then I will see red stones or red powder in the environment just like I see rock formations for Void Stone or some other material. Is that right?

• GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    No, read what he wrote, he explained really well
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so it is existing material nodes such as Void Stone, except that have a red stone or powder quality on them; correct?

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Ok, so it is existing material nodes such as Void Stone, except that have a red stone or powder quality on them; correct?

No. The nodes look the same. On very rare occasions you will receive a Nirncrux stone in addition to the ore or bloom or wood. It's like the worms or crawlers you sometimes receive from harvesting plants, except the Nirncrux stones are much, much more rare.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop by about 200 resource and you may get one
    Edited by Mitrenga on September 22, 2014 10:00PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any node you harvest in upper craglorn has a 0.25% chance of getting Nirncrux.
    Very rare, and still selling for about 10k on my server. Just random luck when you harvest and you might get one
    Edited by Natjur on September 22, 2014 11:15PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Gedalya wrote: »

No. The nodes look the same. On very rare occasions you will receive a Nirncrux stone in addition to the ore or bloom or wood. It's like the worms or crawlers you sometimes receive from harvesting plants, except the Nirncrux stones are much, much more rare.

Thank you for providing a clear and cogent summation! Very insightful :)

• drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Any node you harvest in upper craglorn has a 0.25% chance of getting Nirncrux.
    Very rare, and still selling for about 10k on my server. Just random luck when you harvest and you might get one

Are you on EU? I haven't seen them for under 20k yet on NA
  • Atrahasis
    Atrahasis
    ✭✭
    I got one from my hirling today. And no I didn't have the forethought to get a screen shot, but I was very excited!
  • Sasky
    Sasky
    ✭✭✭
    Also heard of occasions of drops from mobs. The people didn't remember mob types, but if it's something that normally drops shadowhide, that'd be still 'crafting nodes' of a sort.
    Sasky (Zaniira, Daggerfall Covenant)
    Addons: AutoInvite, CyrHUD, Others
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting to hear that Hirelings are dropping them. I'll need to keep an eye on that :)
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sasky wrote: »
    Also heard of occasions of drops from mobs. The people didn't remember mob types, but if it's something that normally drops shadowhide, that'd be still 'crafting nodes' of a sort.

someone on zone chat mentioned getting an armor stone from a Wamasu. (EU)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Wamasu in Upper Craglorn have not dropped a single piece of loot or hide or anything for me. I think they are bugged.

The Welwa, on the other hand, do drop items so they are a better bet, although it is still very, very rare for them to drop Nirncrux stones.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    iv heard of upper craglorn nodes/heavy(or regular, cant remember) sacks.

its that, or spend a ridiculous 15K+ on it.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On average its taking 200-300 harvests to get one piece of Nirncrux from upper Craglorn. I can see why the price is still 15k if they do not change it.

If they change it now, a lot of people will be pissed who paid the big dollars. I have 9 pieces researching (30 days) so once most players have their research ques full, the price might start to drop.