The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hireling changes in 1.4.4?

Asgari
Asgari
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since this 1.4 update i went from getting a tanin from one of my hirelings to no tanins. My sorc is 3/3 all hirelings and the mails seem to be off an hour or two as well.

My NB is getting the Clothing mail and then 2+ hours later gets the other mails. This wasn't happening before the update.

Any info on this?

p.s. Once i added 3/3 again into Runestone extraction ive been kutas like normal again. Wonder if they will ever fix that.
Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
Princess Asgari | Sorc
Asgari | NB
-Asgari | Stamplar
Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
Banner Down!
No Mercy
Youtube: Asgari
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting more Tanins and Tempers and Resins since 1.4.4

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have been getting more Tanins and Tempers and Resins since 1.4.4

My sorc gets tons of tannins, my NB never gets them and the NB is the one with hireling times off. My sorc gets all the perfect mail and decon I get tons of mats.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    Since this 1.4 update i went from getting a tanin from one of my hirelings to no tanins. My sorc is 3/3 all hirelings and the mails seem to be off an hour or two as well.

My NB is getting the Clothing mail and then 2+ hours later gets the other mails. This wasn't happening before the update.

Any info on this?

p.s. Once i added 3/3 again into Runestone extraction ive been kutas like normal again. Wonder if they will ever fix that.

So I have been told I need to have 4/4 in aspect to get Kutas, you say 3/3 in extraction... which is it? I have both on my main player... but would like my 7 alts that have 3/3 hirelings in enchanting to get kutas too...
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well you need aspect 4/4 on it as well. Before recent changes in 1.3 you didn't need extraction 3/3 to get kuta. There is a bug in the system.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    ok, so both 4/4 aspect and 3/3 extraction...
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • springbound
    I am starting to believe this too. They refund extraction points after the patch but I have not received 1 kuta since the change from my hirerlings and since the patch even an aspect seems rare never mind kuta. Prior to the patch I always received 1 of each rune, now an aspect of any type seems a rarity.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be again, one of those posters, that will say RNG is RNG.

I, personally, have received Kutas, Wax, Rosin, and Alloys quite frequently from my hirelings. One batch came with all legendary in all crafting profession, while the latest batch only gave me a "Bone" in clothing hireling and Amethyst in blacksmithing hireling. While I may not be happy with the latter, I'm aware it's RNG. I've gone with no legendary tempers for a week and a half straight, but doesn't mean it's broken. It's just RNG
    Edited by Qyrk on September 28, 2014 10:02PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    I'll be again, one of those posters, that will say RNG is RNG.

I, personally, have received Kutas, Wax, Rosin, and Alloys quite frequently from my hirelings. One batch came with all legendary in all crafting profession, while the latest batch only gave me a "Bone" in clothing hireling and Amethyst in blacksmithing hireling. While I may not be happy with the latter, I'm aware it's RNG. I've gone with no legendary tempers for a week and a half straight, but doesn't mean it's broken. It's just RNG

So the RNG just happened to be awesome once i respected and threw point into extraction for enchanting? I testing this out twice. Both times yielded the same results. No Kuta until it was 3/3 for extraction and then the next mail brought a Kuta.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • springbound
    [So the RNG just happened to be awesome once i respected and threw point into extraction for enchanting? I testing this out twice. Both times yielded the same results. No Kuta until it was 3/3 for extraction and then the next mail brought a Kuta.]

Well personally I find this really upsetting - I thought I paid the 3 points for a better chance to receive rare runes from the hireling and there is only 1 rare rune really ... Kuta. At 50 enchanting I do not need to extract anymore for xp.

If hirelings are 6 points rather than 3 they should just say so ... there really has been no response from ZOS on this. Am I extracting from my hireling or not?
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    [So the RNG just happened to be awesome once i respected and threw point into extraction for enchanting? I testing this out twice. Both times yielded the same results. No Kuta until it was 3/3 for extraction and then the next mail brought a Kuta.]

Well personally I find this really upsetting - I thought I paid the 3 points for a better chance to receive rare runes from the hireling and there is only 1 rare rune really ... Kuta. At 50 enchanting I do not need to extract anymore for xp.

If hirelings are 6 points rather than 3 they should just say so ... there really has been no response from ZOS on this. Am I extracting from my hireling or not?
    Whats your character level? They broke extraction (for clothing, metal and wood) where it became based on character level not crafting level or extraction perks. I wonder if its all connected? Not sure about enchanting extraction - my levels are not high enough to tell.
  • springbound
    [Whats your character level? They broke extraction (for clothing, metal and wood) where it became based on character level not crafting level or extraction perks. I wonder if its all connected? Not sure about enchanting extraction - my levels are not high enough to tell.]

I am writing about my VR6 a master in all crafts - (having the extraction problem in most lines). But my only hireling is enchanting and why refund the points if I needed them to in the extraction line to get the only rune I hired them to bring? We can all guess about this but I would like to hear from ZOS if I need to spend the points here and does character level have anything to do with it?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just today, from my two morning deliveries, I got, in each email, a stack of 5 mats, a racial, a trait, and two tempers (3 Blues and 1 Gold on one and 1 Purple and 2 Gold on another). Strangely, they also each got an email that only had a stack of mats in it. So, RNG rules the day.

I have also gotten my second Kuta from the Enchanter, the first was just after the 1.4 release, I have gotten 3 Rekutas and the rest a mix of White, Green and Blue. I found a Kuta this weekend in an Aspect Node too.

For the Provisioner, I finally got some tomatoes this weekend, but another load this morning. Also have been getting Oats and other rare drink mats regularly.

So, the hirelings are working fine for me.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to hear from ZOS if I need to spend the points here and does character level have anything to do with it?

For Mats, it depends on the Material level your character can work with, for Improvement Mats, it's purely RNG as my L3 Mules get me Purple and Gold Mats on a regular basis (rare but regular).

I do get more Improvement Mats and larger Material Stacks from the L2 and L3 Hirelings, and the L3 Hirelings do give more stuff per email.