The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DPS Templar Build

SoLja4HirE
SoLja4HirE
✭✭
Hi everyone, I am having some difficulties in making my Templar full DPS could I please get some assistance in creating a build using Dual Wield and Two-Handed Sword. My current DPS build does not feel that high in damage. I am VR1 Wood Elf with 22magicka, 5health and 22stamina btw.
Edited by SoLja4HirE on September 25, 2014 10:13AM
Dodge roll everything and be respectful to other players :p ...
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this will help you, but I made my way through a few of the vet zones with Dual Wield. The set up I used was the following (with 5 medium and 2 light pieces of armor):

Puncturing Sweep
    Toppling Charge
    Blood Craze
    Steel Tornado
    Blazing Shield
    Flawless Dawnbreaker

Puncturing Sweep and Blood Craze gave enough self healing to keep me going through the larger pulls, Blazing Shield was definitely useful for Dolmens and World Bosses, Steel Tornado is a great AoE, and Flawless Dawnbreaker for the passive effect.

I would usually jump into a pack of mobs with Toppling Charge (since DW has no gap closer), use Blood Craze to get a self heal going, use a couple Steel Tornadoes, and then a Puncturing Sweep or two. Rinse and repeat if necessary. I found having a couple of class skills in my rotation was helpful to keep me from draining my stamina bar too fast and some of the Templar skills are good compliments to DW.

On my alternate bar I would usually have Breath of Life for emergency heals and Blazing Spear and Reflective Light for some AoE ranged damage and Nova as my ultimate. The other slots are flexible depending on what weapon you want to use. You mentioned you use a 2-H sword, so you could use Wrecking Blow which is a great single-target damage skill and Executioner which is a great finisher. But the setup I used worked really well with my playstyle, so I rarely needed to go to my 2nd weapon.
  • SoLja4HirE
    SoLja4HirE
    ✭✭
    Thank you I will test your ideas out. Thanx
    Dodge roll everything and be respectful to other players :p ...
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U want a dps templar? Play a dragonknight!