The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deconstruction

Wuggums47
Wuggums47
✭✭
Hi, I have a few questions about deconstruction, and crafting in general. First of all, does deconstruction of an item that has no value still give resources? Sometimes I notice I get nothing for deconstruction, is there a way to avoid that? Should I still deconstruct ornate items, or should I sell them to vendors? Also I was wondering, does crafting a particular item give xp at any level, or will you stop getting xp from it when you level up to high? Also are the skills that make resources more noticeable worth getting?

Thanks in advanced for any help you can give me.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 Value items give no mats back for deconstruction, and just a small amount of Exp compared to normal items. They are almost not worth looting.

If you want the most from your Decon, then you need the Passives skill Extraction. In fact, with Extraction, you can get back most of the traits and racials from things you make, which you usually don't get when deconstructing the things you make. You can also get a ton more mats from Refinement, like 7 to 10 Ingots or boards per stack of 10 Raw.

The skills that make things easier to see are hit or miss. For Alchemy and Clothing, they are almost necessary, unless you want to turn off the grass. For Enchanting, they glow already, just look for them at night. Ores are easy to find once you know what and where to look (near rocks and cliffs)

PS I have a ton of ingots, cloth, leather and boards. If you want to buy any, send me a message in game.
    Edited by Nestor on September 22, 2014 8:57PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sell ornate items, you can deconstruct them for crafting XP, but I feel they are better sold, that way you can afford backpack upgrades, bank upgrades and horses.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Wuggums47
    Wuggums47
    ✭✭
    Thanks, you've both been very helpful.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to make more inspiration from crafting, find someone with whom you can trade crafted items. You'll get more inspiration from deconstructing items crafted by other than you will ones you made yourself. And start saving up all the trait gems. Seriously, you'll want a stack of each.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • majinstef
    majinstef
    ✭✭
    Wuggums47 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a few questions about deconstruction, and crafting in general. First of all, does deconstruction of an item that has no value still give resources? Sometimes I notice I get nothing for deconstruction, is there a way to avoid that? Should I still deconstruct ornate items, or should I sell them to vendors? Also I was wondering, does crafting a particular item give xp at any level, or will you stop getting xp from it when you level up to high? Also are the skills that make resources more noticeable worth getting?

Thanks in advanced for any help you can give me.

Do something like this: loot almost everything, deconstruct green or better items, jewelry sell to NPC vendors and you will do just fine.....oh, and hint about Enchanting.....make your on glyphs and trade them with others, then deconstruct them, you will get more EXP

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wuggums47 wrote: »
    Also I was wondering, does crafting a particular item give xp at any level, or will you stop getting xp from it when you level up to high?.

You will continue to receive Inspiration Points for creation and deconstruction until you reach level 50 in the craft, at which point you will stop getting any. You will continue to get mats, depending on your passives.