The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NOOB Question

Cherryblossom
Cherryblossom
✭✭✭✭✭
I have recently come back to ESO and needed to re-install the game, I have downloaded some of the addon's I had previously. But now I have them duplicated in the Addon Manager in game (one set showing as outdated), how do I remove these out dated files?
Edited by Cherryblossom on September 23, 2014 1:28PM
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    until someone qualified replies to this, what i would have done in your shoes is: check file paths, see what is where, are there duplicate addon files?
    if you uninstalled, did you clear registry or left over folders before reinstalling?
    if not, was the address you specified this last time identical to the one the game installed the first time?
    have you tried resetting your variables? By deleting the relevant file?

i am aware we are in the age of 'x' gadget or application doing the work for us, but regardless of the above, my humble advice would be to forget addon managers. Forever. Learn to do it yourself, learn to modify it yourself, learn to backup. Extra bonus for safety, see last virus going round unobstructed with Curse's addon manager.

wish you luck :)
    Pride, honour and purity
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can remove addons by opening the ESO folder (in the documents directory) search for the addon folder and remove the old versions. If you want to simplify you management use Minion to manage your addons. Only works if you download all addons through Minion. You find the utility at the ESOUI homepage.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly recommend you delete the following folders:
    1. documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/Addons/
    2. documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/SavedVariables/

Then download & install Minion at: http://minion.mmoui.com/

Then use that tool to install the addons you want to use.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your Replies, I will do as Wykkyd suggests. I already have Minion which is what has surprised me with the duplication!