Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Night's Silence Update -- Holding off Crafting (Brief Admin Input Requested)

rwross
rwross
✭✭
Hoping for a ZO admin comment here.

As you might imagine crafting a full set of Purple Night's Silence medium armor uses a vast amount of expensive resources even with passive mitigations.

I'm not looking for anything complicated like what Night's Silence wills stack with, just a confirmation that (stacking aside) the Night's Silence 5+ piece bonus will work at least at the 60% sneak speed bonus it states on the gear.

Can you guys please, confirm at least that much, and if you think it will be in Monday's 1.4.4 patch?

Much thanks!!
  • rwross
    rwross
    ✭✭
    Any input on this?
    Options
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set is broken atm, do a forum search
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not going to hear anything official until MAYBE after they fix it on Monday. I will be very interested to see what it looks like once it's "working as intended."
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    From what I saw on mine it looks like the exact buff the vamps get -- takes away movement penalty while sneaking. I could be wrong
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We are planning to fix Night's Silence in Monday's patch so your movement speed will actually be increased (it's currently not working at all).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are planning to fix Night's Silence in Monday's patch so your movement speed will actually be increased (it's currently not working at all).

And will it still not be working for vampires? I notice that that's one thing you're all keeping rather mum about.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Soliquid
    Soliquid
    yes, as a vampire you can still spam bat swarm but not running fast, it would be cheating...
    Beta testeur non rémunéré
    Options
  • Skizer78
    Skizer78
    You are saying that the 5 piece set will be fix so that is increases your movement speed. Thats great, but the Night Silence set I have has changed to where the 5 peice bonus removes the speed penalty when sneaking just like the Dark Stalker ability and Shadow Dancer gear set. So is it going to be 60% sneak speed bonus like before or sneak penalty removal. It would just be nice to have a little clarity.
    Options
  • rwross
    rwross
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ thanks for the response! Filed under no good deed goes unpunished, do you know if the plans are for this armor bonus to stack with the Night Blade slotted passive "Concealed Blade," with them both it would bring sneak to just about the same as having the penalty removed...a bit less I think.

Anyway, looks like I'm clear for crafting then.

@wwusterbarthub17_ESO‌ I think you may have an earlier crafted set. I've been crafting this set for only about 30 days and it always has a 60% adjustment. So, mine has never removed the sneak penalty completely, but rather used the sneak penalty speed as a base line and then improved it 60%.

Interesting as I would have thought any changes would have been retroactive to all sets with that name...so you have a set with no speed penalty when sneaking?
    Options
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    rwross wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ thanks for the response! Filed under no good deed goes unpunished, do you know if the plans are for this armor bonus to stack with the Night Blade slotted passive "Concealed Blade," with them both it would bring sneak to just about the same as having the penalty removed...a bit less I think.

@wwusterbarthub17_ESO‌ I think you may have an earlier crafted set. I've been crafting this set for only about 30 days and it always has a 60% adjustment. So, mine has never removed the sneak penalty completely, but rather used the sneak penalty speed as a base line and then improved it 60%.

Interesting as I would have thought any changes would have been retroactive to all sets with that name...so you have a set with no speed penalty when sneaking?

Actually I am at work and do not remember what it says for the set bonus. But thought that is what it said.

Options
  • rwelshmub17_ESO
    rwelshmub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have this set on my NB and right now not stacked with anything and as mentioned in other posts it's broken now and a little irritated by it. Rather than messing with existing sets introduce new ones either by questing for it or more special crafting stations. We plan our play style based on things like type of armour, weapons etc. and changing it messes with that. I have been playing from the beginning and a pattern I'm seeing people who actually study the mechanics of the game come up with winning combinations, complaints start and then something gets changed, nerfed etc.

Rayel Redguard Night Blade
    Options
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will actually get a little more speed out of NS as a non-vamp when it is fixed, since the effect changed to the one vamps have. Probably a negligible amount, but it's something.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
    Options
  • defilade__ESO
    defilade__ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Iorail wrote: »
    The set is broken atm, do a forum search
    Yup, a five piece set of Night's silence and you sneak speed as a Nightblade is no faster than wearing any other set of armor, it's a sad, silly nerf that should not have happened.
    Edited by defilade__ESO on September 20, 2014 6:05PM
    Options
  • defilade__ESO
    defilade__ESO
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

And will it still not be working for vampires? I notice that that's one thing you're all keeping rather mum about.

I know people love vampires, but no other player should sneak faster or be stealthier than a level veteran nightblade with all the bells and whistles, buffed up with all the pertinent class and medium armor skills. That's just my opinion.

Options
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know people love vampires, but no other player should sneak faster or be stealthier than a level veteran nightblade with all the bells and whistles, buffed up with all the pertinent class and medium armor skills. That's just my opinion.

that's unfortunate because NBs don't even have a stealth speed passive. So that doesn't even make sense.
    Options
  • defilade__ESO
    defilade__ESO
    ✭✭✭

that's unfortunate because NBs don't even have a stealth speed passive. So that doesn't even make sense.

You are of course referring to the passives under all the class skill lines, and i agree that it is sad, we should have a stealth movement passive, both for using less stamina and to increase speed.

But you may want to look again at your NB skills, because we do have one passive under the Shadow skill line, and that is Concealed Weapon, which increases speed by 25%.
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soliquid wrote: »
    yes, as a vampire you can still spam bat swarm but not running fast, it would be cheating...

Lol yep I would rather the devouring swarm spam disappears than the fast speeds.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
    Options
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are of course referring to the passives under all the class skill lines, and i agree that it is sad, we should have a stealth movement passive, both for using less stamina and to increase speed.

But you may want to look again at your NB skills, because we do have one passive under the Shadow skill line, and that is Concealed Weapon, which increases speed by 25%.

that is not a passive. That is an active skill. One has to take a crap morph to get that. I don't consider that, in anyway, a legitimate example of NBs having faster stealth.

Nor is it reasonable to nerf everyone, including nightblades, to be below that level. Maybe if it offered a more than negligible boost...
    Edited by smeeprocketnub19_ESO on September 20, 2014 9:13PM
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ... do you know if the plans are for this armor bonus to stack with the Night Blade slotted passive "Concealed Blade," with them both it would bring sneak to just about the same as having the penalty removed...a bit less I think.

As @smeeprocketnub19_ESO‌ states:
    You will actually get a little more speed out of NS as a non-vamp when it is fixed, since the effect changed to the one vamps have. Probably a negligible amount, but it's something.

Prior to 1.4 Night's Silence gave non-vampires a Sneak speed of 96% of regular running speed.
    The new bonus it will have once fixed (remove sneak speed penalty) will result in Sneaking at 100% regular running speed.

The actual change that has been implemented was simply making Night's Silence set bonus the same as the bonuses from Dark Stalker passive and Shadow Dancer's Raiment set.

Currently, if I equip Shadow Dancer's Raiment I move at 100% of my regular running speed while in Sneak.
    If I slot Concealed Weapon I move at 125% of my regular running speed while in Sneak.
    Concealed Weapon and Night's Silence should stack fine once Night's Silence is actually fixed.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • rwross
    rwross
    ✭✭

@smeeprocketnub19_ESO‌ -- ?? not being snarky (hard to tell with text) but how do you know what the new effect will be? Test Server?

If so, can you please share what you know?

Finally, if I crafted a set this weekend, would it have the old effect or the new one...if you know...

thanks!!
    Options
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@smeeprocketnub19_ESO‌ -- ?? not being snarky (hard to tell with text) but how do you know what the new effect will be? Test Server?

If so, can you please share what you know?

Finally, if I crafted a set this weekend, would it have the old effect or the new one...if you know...

thanks!!

Someone official posted it on the forums to clarify, but also, you just need to read the tooltip, which makes it the same as dark stalker, as opposed to the 60% subtraction to the movement speed penalty it used to be.

All NS sets should have the new effect, though I decon'd mine without checking.
    Options
  • Skizer78
    Skizer78
    In reply to what bonus you will get if you craft one at this time, you will get the new 5 piece bonus of removing the sneak speed penalty while sneaking. I made a set a few days before the change just to get a taste of the 60% speed and after the update my set changed to the penatly removal bonus. Its kinda sad really because to me that means I have a passive on my vampire that does me no good. It is just another in a growing list of passives that are not worth taking.
    Options
  • defilade__ESO
    defilade__ESO
    ✭✭✭

that is not a passive. That is an active skill. One has to take a crap morph to get that. I don't consider that, in anyway, a legitimate example of NBs having faster stealth.

Nor is it reasonable to nerf everyone, including nightblades, to be below that level. Maybe if it offered a more than negligible boost...
    Passive to an active skill, whatever, why waste time on semantics?

I don't consider it a true passive either, but it is not a toggled ability, it is a passive bonus if you slot the skill on your bar. We should have a passive speed increase under the Shadow class skill line.

I do share your opinion that we should not have to morph a class skill and put it on our bar to get a 25% stealth speed boost.
    Edited by defilade__ESO on September 21, 2014 5:19PM
    Options
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Passive to an active skill, whatever, why waste time on semantics?

I don't consider it a true passive either, but it is not a toggled ability, it is a passive bonus if you slot the skill on your bar. We should have a passive speed increase under the Shadow class skill line.

I do share your opinion that we should not have to morph a class skill and put it on our bar to get a 25% stealth speed boost.

well I wasn't trying to split hairs, actually. The reason I don't consider it a passive is because you have to take a garbage morph in lieu of a far superior one, and then have that morph on your bar.

I agree that the sneak speed and detection radius passives should be inherent to NBs only. Racial and armor ones would be good, but there should be some NB specific ones.
    Options
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My set that I've had since before the patch went from saying "60% increase" to "removes all penalties while sneaking" or some such. It now bestows no benefit whatsoever.
    Edited by OrangeTheCat on September 21, 2014 8:25PM
    Options
  • rwross
    rwross
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing that's because "bestows no benefit whatsoever," wouldn't fit on the tool tip :wink:
    Options