Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stack

Sherrieg
Sherrieg
✭✭
Basic question: I was in a dungeon with a group and we were having a hard time with a boss. Someone in the group said to STACK,STACK,STACK - what does that mean and how do I stack? Thanks!

Best Answers

• MustyBritches
    you come together and stack on top of each other. Mainly for heals/buffs normally.
    Answer ✓
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That could also be interpreted as a call for everyone to spam the same ability... such as Impulse or some other common AoE ability. It could also have been a call for everyone to dump their ultimates at the same time. That usually has a truly impressive result.

Did you ask them, then or later?
    Edited by Srugzal on September 18, 2014 12:12AM
    Answer ✓
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherrieg wrote: »
    Thanks for responding - I feel a little less stupid knowing it could have meant several things.
    I didn't ask for a couple of reasons: they were a very unfriendly 4 Person group - rude actually; I was trying to finish the delve - we had battled 3 bosses and were on the final one and were having a hard time. As it was they kicked me from the group and brought in someone else. Guess I really didn't want anything more to do with any of them. I figured the friendly forum folks would assist me :)

/facepalm
    Really not what you want to hear.
    Obviously not l33t enough.
    :(
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Answer ✓
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding - I feel a little less stupid knowing it could have meant several things.
    I didn't ask for a couple of reasons: they were a very unfriendly 4 Person group - rude actually; I was trying to finish the delve - we had battled 3 bosses and were on the final one and were having a hard time. As it was they kicked me from the group and brought in someone else. Guess I really didn't want anything more to do with any of them. I figured the friendly forum folks would assist me :)

/facepalm

That really steams my clams, ya know? Trials arrogance in a simple group dungeon. Nuts to that.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't ask for a couple of reasons: they were a very unfriendly 4 Person group - rude actually; I was trying to finish the delve - we had battled 3 bosses and were on the final one and were having a hard time.

Stacking can also mean letting DoT happen before activating the skill again. Like with Impluse, if you spam it too quickly, then you lose the DoT damage that it does. So, I give an Impulse, then an Elemental Wall, then another Impulse, then Boundless Storm, then start over again with Impulse/Wall/Impulse/Storm. This leverages the damage better, and makes for more efficient use of Mana as your not leaving damage undone.

I find it much better to ad hoc or PUG with random people, then the group has no pre-concieved notions. With some groups, things just click and people work together for a common goal, with other groups I have to wonder just what others are doing (they are running off, not watching each other's back etc). I can imagine a group that works together all the time has a "way" of doing things that is not always easy to adapt to.

If the Chatting was not so difficult to do in the middle of battle, I would help out more with tactics and strategy. Best to have a chat with someone before the next fight, plan out our tactics that way. It does not take much up front time, but it does help out in the thick of things. It can be as simple as "I will focus on the healers first, then go after the adds, you group up on the boss or the main DPS mob" or something like that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    I find it much better to ad hoc or PUG with random people, then the group has no pre-concieved notions. With some groups, things just click and people work together for a common goal, with other groups I have to wonder just what others are doing (they are running off, not watching each other's back etc). I can imagine a group that works together all the time has a "way" of doing things that is not always easy to adapt to.

If the Chatting was not so difficult to do in the middle of battle, I would help out more with tactics and strategy. Best to have a chat with someone before the next fight, plan out our tactics that way. It does not take much up front time, but it does help out in the thick of things. It can be as simple as "I will focus on the healers first, then go after the adds, you group up on the boss or the main DPS mob" or something like that.

A good group is a lot of fun and I love doing a group that will work toward a common goal. After a couple of fights things click and you know what to expect from group members - so much fun. Some groups (this group included) run so fast I have no time for chatting which can make it difficult. I did get the sense that this group was a tight knit group that works together often.
    Guess we just need to take a chance on groups and hope for the best.