Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade cloak even worse than before!

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I can confirm that what the OP says is true. Fought a Templar last night who could target me even through cloak with ranged attacks.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    Invisibility=/= being invulnerable
    AoE should work like they work now on hidden people.

But it should. Like in World of Warcraft where vanish makes you invulnerable for that 3 seconds.

Once again, we have NO Damage Shields, we have NO direct heals. We only have the Cloak to rely on. I don't see an issue to be invulnerable during that time.
    If its not making you invulnerable it should be MUCH cheaper and/or last a lot longer.

Edited by zhevon on September 16, 2014 1:01PM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rook75 wrote: »
    I'm not paying for this. ArcheAge is out tomorrow and its free. I think I'll be moving on and letting my sub die, if not fixed immediately. That apparently is the ONLY way ZOS will get the hint.

I think I'm going to have to do the same, this is frankly just ridiculous. To keep allowing things like this into live is just ridiculous.

It's infuriating when you just want to finish work and play a game or two.

So that's it, when I get to log in and check for myself, if it's as bad as reported I'm taking my money away.

It's very tempting. I hear AA pvp is kind of good, too.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and helping us narrow down the issue, Alien. We've confirmed that this is indeed a bug. Our combat and abilities team is already working on getting a fix.

So basically no matter how many times it is patched there will never be an effective cloak for NB and we should just roll DK? I just don't get how there is always a "bug" for NB cloak for six months then the fix doesn't even fix it. So what wait for 1.5 then after seven months it may or may not work?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wandered home for lunch and just tested it, it's totally; like beyond anything before, broken in PVP and PVE.

PVP being worse of all.

Utter fail of a patch and frankly, in as much as I can be mad at a game or a game company, I'm mad.
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Yep.. Confirmed don't think about trying to get close to a mob. I'm a VR12 Khajit and I cant even sneak up on a humaniod to feed.

I was at max range for my Hidden blade (20m) when a VR5 Flame Antronach saw me (I was in front at 20+ game meters) and starting nuking me... I would use Dark Cloak (the Purging variant) and I would pop out of stealth faster then I went into stealth. After I killed it with Hidden Blade I noticed that I was on fire (fire affect) and I my Cloak wouldn't purge it, another fail feature.

So lets lay out the stupid ZOS has done here:

1) Break the ONLY thing that made being a NB bearable. Stacking speed sets which ZOS has stated was INTENTIONAL.
    2) Rebreak and NOT fix Cloak, that's a good one guys rebreak something in NEW and exciting ways! Brilliant!
    3) Break stealth completely and dork up any kind of detection passives and abilities.

I'm not paying for this. ArcheAge is out tomorrow and its free. I think I'll be moving on and letting my sub die, if not fixed immediately. That apparently is the ONLY way ZOS will get the hint.

Now queue the I'm QQ and suck it up posts.....

But honestly ZoS has a great game but they don't listen to players, the only way they will listen is to force them to listen.

Man I had alot of fun playing this game, but it is completely unplayable now.

So much unfun and fail.

@rook75‌

Can I have your stuff?

Nope

Its getting burned! Burned Baby BURN!

The problem is that ZOS acknowledges its broken... yet does NOTHING. If you have an issue as bad as this you get in front of it and you fix it.. or you go the ZOS way and ignore it for almost 24hrs.... I guess they feel it will go away?

This company makes no sense. After a huge patch you should be all hands on deck, and ready for fires not... this.
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭

Just sleep it off. You'll feel better tomorrow.

Nope... still irritated. Also No notes on the new (and removed??) Campaigns. These knuckleheads just willynilly make changes.

Seriously... why are WE paying to QA for these knuckleheads?

• spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy‌ btw. what are those buff bars above your attribute bars? Is that from the Srendarr addon?
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope... still irritated. Also No notes on the new (and removed??) Campaigns. These knuckleheads just willynilly make changes.

I'm fairly certain the patch notes contained updates about the new campaigns. I noted that they removed the vet only campaign, which I didn't realize they were going to do.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭

I'm fairly certain the patch notes contained updates about the new campaigns. I noted that they removed the vet only campaign, which I didn't realize they were going to do.

Weird.. I went looking a couple times.. and couldn't find it. in my defense I was hoppin mad and them be some looooooong notes. That are inconsequential and full of fail.

Thanks for the heads up. They also took away half the crit bonus on NS armor. 8% crit made it worthwhile... now? blarg.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is kinda funny. A Skill that is broken since 4-5 month gets finally a fix that brakes it even more.

Well *** happens, I'm sure the final fix will arrive in the coming days, maybe even 1.4.4
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    It is kinda funny. A Skill that is broken since 4-5 month gets finally a fix that brakes it even more.

Well *** happens, I'm sure the final fix will arrive in the coming days, maybe even 1.4.4

Problem is with it being broken and stealth completely changed/broken. The game is completely unplayable now.
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, Lets not hijack this thread. The notes are somewhat unclear until you read here. It makes you think AoE would be stopped, in full (first hit) but really its only the DoT aspect. This means after being hit you can stealth and move about with out wasting it.

Second, Invisibility needs work in general. The main reason this is addressed this way is the exploit use by vamp to speed away at high speed under steatlh. That is addressed Elsewyr. That said, NB's are known weak and there should be a distinct difference between the Potion and a Nightblade. For me, a night blade using invis SHOULD be clear of AoE - wake up its less than 3 seconds (yes I know it chains but your using Magicka and skill).

Invisible for non Nightblades needs some tweaking to be less potent. I.E reduce the time, check if the cooldown is not working or something AND still let any damage break it. Reason for this again is the ability to vanish with dozens of people looking for you. Of course again, part of this may have been the high speed move of Vamp.

U were teh DAOC hunter lead...man u really didnt do your job back then.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok I feel now is the time nb's got the chance to switch class - this is ridiculous
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP - Unplayable now just remove cloak and give us green dragon blood
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty obvious at this point that ZOS as a whole couldn't care less about Nightblades.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So not only is cloak fubar, but someone mentioned stealth is not wai? What has happened to our basic stealth ability then?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man. i'm so sad. i wish i was a sorc from the beginning.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too much Archer out there.
    Now all NB can change to Skirt + Sticks with Pulsar Spam 24/7. ZOS vision of awesome PvP. :D
    Edited by Kego on September 16, 2014 2:16PM
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wonder how ZoS manage to do such mistakes. It's like they are fixing 2 issues and creating another 4. Cut off one bug and two more shall take it's place, hail Hydra!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    @SirAndy‌ btw. what are those buff bars above your attribute bars? Is that from the Srendarr addon?
    @spoqster
    The only AddOn i'm using is FTC (Foundry Tactical Combat) with unit frames turned off (don't like the bulky bars in the middle of my screen).
    tamrielfoundry.com/ftc/
    :)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So despite countless bug reports and direct complaints, ZOS doesn't actually have a clue about the problems with cloak.

Do bug reports get read or is there perhaps a more effective way to report things that we don't know about?

I'm kind of at a loss as to how to get this one single ability to work properly.
    Basically:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKVAs2J84w8
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Invisibility=/= being invulnerable
    AoE should work like they work now on hidden people.

I think the AoE's should do damage, but they shouldn't break the invis. It's not like the invis lasts that long.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, you're not allowed to complain about ZoS continuing to break the nightblade cloak unless you've made a game yourself. Just letting you know the arbiter of the forums said not to complain. K guys? we should adhere to his wishes.
    It's not like we pay for this game. They provide this game out of the goodness of their heart for the betterment of mankind and we should be thankful that's it's 100% free.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand all these arm chair programmersgetting all worked up and telling everyone how "easy" it is to change things. They clearly have no idea how a business is run or the chain of command that basically EVERYTHING has to go through before something can be even given a shot at being important enough to put in the top 10 of "needs fixing". Not to mention they must be part of the newest generation of "everything revolves around me" because some how they think their opinions alone warrant mass attention.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 16, 2014 5:01PM
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    I cant actually believe this is still broken...this is just ridiculous now and will probe have to wait ages for a fix that will brake it more

Comon get your [snip] together seriously.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]

At least the moderators are hard at work to make sure we don't swear.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Atarax wrote: »
    Funny this NEVER worked for me in PvP ever, hell Im hidden or fully stealthed and I got charged/owned.

Useless!

A charge attack is not the same as a projectile attack. :(

You know, between this, and this:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132024/feedback-petition-please-reinstate-nights-silence-dark-stalker-stacking#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132089/feedback-suggestion-not-a-petition-please-reinstate-nights-silence-dark-stalker-stacking?new=1

I am feeling much better about my decision to respec my VR12 Nightblade into a craft mule and play DK. Why can't all classes be as fun as DK and Sorc?

ESO is now down to 3 classes. How low can we go before Devs give up on restricting class abilities and just open up all class abilities on any character?

They never should have had classes to start with. I have said this since even before beta when I first heard about the inclusion of classes. It's a very lazy approach to balance which they have clearly failed at. Even the single player games abandoned the idea of classes and honestly they never really gave them that much importance anyway. Getting rid of classes and making this game 100% skill based is the best change they could make in my opinion.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Yep.. Confirmed don't think about trying to get close to a mob. I'm a VR12 Khajit and I cant even sneak up on a humaniod to feed.

I was at max range for my Hidden blade (20m) when a VR5 Flame Antronach saw me (I was in front at 20+ game meters) and starting nuking me... I would use Dark Cloak (the Purging variant) and I would pop out of stealth faster then I went into stealth. After I killed it with Hidden Blade I noticed that I was on fire (fire affect) and I my Cloak wouldn't purge it, another fail feature.

So lets lay out the stupid ZOS has done here:

1) Break the ONLY thing that made being a NB bearable. Stacking speed sets which ZOS has stated was INTENTIONAL.
    2) Rebreak and NOT fix Cloak, that's a good one guys rebreak something in NEW and exciting ways! Brilliant!
    3) Break stealth completely and dork up any kind of detection passives and abilities.

Now queue the I'm QQ and suck it up posts.....

But honestly ZoS has a great game but they don't listen to players, the only way they will listen is to force them to listen.

Man I had alot of fun playing this game, but it is completely unplayable now.

So much unfun and fail.

@rook75‌

Can I have your stuff?

Nope

Its getting burned! Burned Baby BURN!

The problem is that ZOS acknowledges its broken... yet does NOTHING. If you have an issue as bad as this you get in front of it and you fix it.. or you go the ZOS way and ignore it for almost 24hrs.... I guess they feel it will go away?

This company makes no sense. After a huge patch you should be all hands on deck, and ready for fires not... this.

That's assuming they actually acknowledge it. Usually we get no response at all.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]

Nope, false.

Bugs happen. The job of QA is to stop find these things before they make it live, either they are not doing their jobs or they are not being listened to.

Either way, ZOS is screwing up. This is yet another game breaking bug that's made it into live.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 16, 2014 5:02PM
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    JUST MAKE CLOAK TO THE SAME AS AN INVISIBILITY POTION DAMMIT