Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade cloak even worse than before!

• smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    How many programmers does it take to fix NB cloak? :)

one, it just happens to be one that ZOS hasn't hired. /sigh
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is still a 100% miss chance for projectiles on Dark Cloak. If you're encountering something that seems otherwise, we'd like to hear more details, please (possibly even a video, would be helpful).

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    There was a circumstance previously where auto target or tab target would pick up a NB in cloak and allow the enemy to attack. This was very observable in 1 v 1 duels where I was able to sit back and watch. It was common to see a NB pop cloak and then observe, after the fact, his opponent fire off a spear, or charge or other spell that was not hampered in anyway by cloak despite the NB being invisible, thus damaging the NB and removing them from cloak/stealth.

Perhaps the problem is related to this? I was kind of hoping that would have been fixed this patch. It was a pretty well known bug.
    Edited by Vizier on September 15, 2014 7:50PM
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha..... I can't say I'm surprised.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrixAreForKids2.jpg

SILLY NIGHTBLADE-

ESO is for Sorcs-

To be fair it appears ZoS made a good faith effort here but good grief if what the OP says is true it's just salt in the wound. NB are already hypersensitive over this issue as they've been cut by it over and over since before launch. Now their told they are finally getting treatment for it and instead someone poor salt and alcohol on it and rubs it in. The howls will be heard I'm certain.
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    There is still a 100% miss chance for projectiles on Dark Cloak. If you're encountering something that seems otherwise, we'd like to hear more details, please (possibly even a video, would be helpful).

Funny this NEVER worked for me in PvP ever, hell Im hidden or fully stealthed and I got charged/owned.

Useless!

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    rook75 wrote: »
    Funny this NEVER worked for me in PvP ever, hell Im hidden or fully stealthed and I got charged/owned.

Useless!

A charge attack is not the same as a projectile attack. :(

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Useless!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Jessica, this is a very important point though which I hope the combat team checks out.

The Nightblade ability Teleport Strike (and morphs) is technically not a projectile either. However, it DOES have a cast time, NOT just with projectiles.

This problem of the cloak breaking happens with any attack that has a cast time.

Before 1.4, a Teleport Strike started against me before I cloaked would miss and be cancelled. Now it will either still hit, stunning me and bringing me out of cloak, or miss, but bring me out of cloak, just like projectiles.

It seems to be a cast duration issue actually. Take mud crabs. They hit very fast for two consecutive melee hits. If you cloak after the first hit, the 2nd will still hit and breaks you out of cloak. Same goes for other melee abilities like Rapid Strikes from Dual Wield.

I really hope the guys understand this is NOT strictly a projectile issue.
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 15, 2014 8:54PM
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    I dont see a problem. Looks fine to me.
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭

Useless!

Wait.... so If I'm hidden/Stealthed/Dark Cloaked and completely hidden.. it is working as intended to get charged/Rushed etc? Miss... that makes absolutely no sense.
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO

In other words.

WORKING AS INTENDED LOL
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So despite countless bug reports and direct complaints, ZOS doesn't actually have a clue about the problems with cloak.

Do bug reports get read or is there perhaps a more effective way to report things that we don't know about?

I'm kind of at a loss as to how to get this one single ability to work properly.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So despite countless bug reports and direct complaints, ZOS doesn't actually have a clue about the problems with cloak.

Do bug reports get read or is there perhaps a more effective way to report things that we don't know about?

VDyMsbZ.gif

Edited by Phinix1 on September 15, 2014 9:29PM
  • Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭
    That's what happens when you do only your internal "testing"
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Cloak: This ability is no longer removed by the following ticking damage abilities.

Agony
    Bat Swarm
    Caltrops
    Cripple
    Entropy
    Fire Rune
    Necrotic Orb
    Path of Darkness
    Soul Tether
    Trap Beast
    Volley
    Wall of Elements
    All elemental procs

I also do not see Strife added to this list, which is the main DOT / HOT ability that Nightblades use, I guess I will have to test this tonight after work, or if anyone can if they are ingame now, Habasi @smeeprocketnub19_ESO if you have your ears on I would like to see if Strife still drops the Cloak in combat.
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on September 15, 2014 9:39PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Cloak: This ability is no longer removed by the following ticking damage abilities.

Agony
    Bat Swarm
    Caltrops
    Cripple
    Entropy
    Fire Rune
    Necrotic Orb
    Path of Darkness
    Soul Tether
    Trap Beast
    Volley
    Wall of Elements
    All elemental procs

I also do not see Strife added to this list, which is the main DOT / HOT ability that Nightblades use, I guess I will have to test this tonight after work, or if anyone can if they are ingame now, Habasi @smeeprocketnub19_ESO if you have your ears on I would like to see if Strife still drops the Cloak in combat.

Poke me in game and I will get in ts. I haven't seen anyone on lately to actually talk to. :(
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agony
    Bat Swarm
    Caltrops
    Cripple
    Entropy
    Fire Rune
    Necrotic Orb
    Path of Darkness
    Soul Tether
    Trap Beast
    Volley
    Wall of Elements
    All elemental procs

Poke me in game and I will get in ts. I haven't seen anyone on lately to actually talk to. :(

I can't I am at work right now, I wont be ingame until tonight around midnight eastern time..
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Strife worked fine with Shadow Cloak before 1.4 anyway; Strife is only a direct damage and HoT, it has no DoT aspect.
    Edited by Samadhi on September 15, 2014 9:51PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Strife worked fine before 1.4 anyway; Strife is only a direct damage and HoT, it has no DoT aspect.

Kind of working fine. The heal on Strife and it's morphs could be dodged if you used blur or evasion or any sets that gave a dodge bonus. Don't know if they fixed it yet.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strife worked fine before 1.4 anyway; Strife is only a direct damage and HoT, it has no DoT aspect.

Kind of working fine. The heal on Strife and it's morphs could be dodged if you used blur or evasion or any sets that gave a dodge bonus. Don't know if they fixed it yet.

Ah, yes. That was my error on lack of clarity. I meant that Strife was working fine in the sense that the HoT effect did not break Cloak.

I edited my previous post to clarify.
    Edited by Samadhi on September 15, 2014 9:53PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, yes. That was my error on lack of clarity. I meant that Strife was working fine in the sense that the HoT effect did not break Cloak.

I edited my previous post to clarify.

Thank you, that is awesome, just wanted to make sure.
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think it's bizarre that already fired projectiles (or any attack, for that matter) would miss if a Nightblade invises while they are enroute. IMO they should still hit.

However, I'd concede that for balance/useability purposes, they should definitely *not* break invis, even if they have an AoE component. Otherwise it would be pretty much impossible to go invis during combat, which defeats most of the point.
    Achievements Suck
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    TheBull wrote: »
    Alright, I'll synch up my dignity and head back into Cyrodiil with my Fraps running. XD

Thanks so much, Alien. For what it's worth, what you're reporting should not be the case, so it's just a matter of narrowing down what's happening.
    Streak ignores the 100% rule 100% of the time. PLEASE look into it.

Like what? The rule where aoe dmg pops people out of stealth?

For Streak that rule is idiotic. When cloak does damage, stuns and blocks your ability to BE and doesn't cost more than Streak, then that rule would begin to make some sense. It is completely ridiculous that one class OP escape skill is also one of the most effective counters to another class barely working escape skill.
    Edited by PBpsy on September 15, 2014 11:40PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility=/= being invulnerable
    AoE should work like they work now on hidden people.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you notice M'aiq the Liar is standing in the background?
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Thanks so much, Alien. For what it's worth, what you're reporting should not be the case, so it's just a matter of narrowing down what's happening.
    And here we are again pretending to be the ZOS QA department ...
    dry.gif

It's not like someone at ZOS could have actually tested this before the patch was pushed to live, no?
    confused24.gif
    I really don't understand these kind of comments. It's completely normal to have bugs after a major release. A good company will get rid of those as quickly as possible, and it looks like they are doing just that.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to create such a fantastic and complex game as this? Stop complaining and program one for yourself if you don't like this one.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility=/= being invulnerable
    AoE should work like they work now on hidden people.

Agreed, but single target shouldn't be doing damage to anyone cloaked unless the opponent has Mage light and is close enough, running detection pots or has a set like the sentry set which give you a 20% increase in detection area.

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, does ZOS have a QA function/team? If so, why do they still have jobs?
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos has such a record of breaking abilities when they work on them if you have an ability that is marginally working I'd never try to get anything fixed on it because the end result is this.

Look at Mages Fury. It uses to work *perfectly*. They made a chance in one of the original patches to make the Endless Fury morph work correctly (Return magicka) when it always worked for me. Instead it didn't work for the next two patches despite the fact that they "fixed" this. They finally fixed their "fix" and now Endless Fury explosion is reflected by DKs which is because I assume they made the Endless Fury Explosion Morph a projectile and somehow that applies to all Mages Fury.

I've been killed so many times by this garbage bug. You should be thankful ZOS at least is acknowledging and working on your bug, they haven't even mentioned or said a thing about the Mages Fury bug.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    And here we are again pretending to be the ZOS QA department ...
    dry.gif

It's not like someone at ZOS could have actually tested this before the patch was pushed to live, no?
    confused24.gif
    I really don't understand these kind of comments. It's completely normal to have bugs after a major release. A good company will get rid of those as quickly as possible, and it looks like they are doing just that.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to create such a fantastic and complex game as this? Stop complaining and program one for yourself if you don't like this one.

This is a particularly frustrating oversight because this is a core class ability that has been broken since beta. For many people here, news of this fix was the most exciting thing about this update.

For them to wreck it even worst than it has been for the past 7 months when even 5 minutes of play testing would have revealed this obvious problem is more than a little disturbing with such a high profile fix.

I would humbly suggest the suits take notice: Having a PTS is NOT an adequate substitute for staffing paid QA professionals.

Most play the PTS to get an early look at new content so they can be competitive, not to diligently do any sort of rigorous QA testing. Not that this particular fix would have required rigorous testing, like I said, it literally took me 5 minutes.
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 16, 2014 12:07AM