Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade cloak even worse than before!

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3JZa_XpFJ0

Prior to this "fix" for things breaking you out of stealth, the problem was limited. You would get broken out incorrectly by your DoT's on your enemies, OR because the cloak wasn't properly removing DoT's on you.

HOWEVER, when you stealthed and it actually worked, it would cause all ranged attacks against you to miss. That was before.

Fast forward to today's patch.

Now it appears that EVERYTHING can hit you in stealth! Ranged spells, arrows, Silver Bolts, ANYTHING. These were not AOE attacks and I was not marked, they were every single direct ranged attack.

Furthermore, getting hit by these abilities while stealthed immediately breaks you out of stealth, making the problem worse than before! Not only is damage breaking me out of stealth, but stealth is now useless to prevent damage.

I was so disheartened by this that I didn't even bother to test if they actually fixed the problem of my own DoT's ticking on enemies breaking cloak.

Cloak is now utterly useless for me in PVP.
  • Enemy players appear to be able to see you in stealth even when not marked.
  • ANY ranged attack can hit you in stealth and break you out of stealth.
  • Mage Light breaks stealth rather than revealing it.

/sad
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am only at 8% on my download presently, but this is discouraging to read.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, hope this is a bug. Fail on ZOS's part as per usual.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting. That's a shame really.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    There is still a 100% miss chance for projectiles on Dark Cloak. If you're encountering something that seems otherwise, we'd like to hear more details, please (possibly even a video, would be helpful).
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I'll synch up my dignity and head back into Cyrodiil with my Fraps running. XD
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woooo I'm going to go hunt some Nightblades!

Just kidding. I hope this isn't the case. Making attacks miss seems to be the only thing that saves those poor guys half the time.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Alright, I'll synch up my dignity and head back into Cyrodiil with my Fraps running. XD

Thanks so much, Alien. For what it's worth, what you're reporting should not be the case, so it's just a matter of narrowing down what's happening.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much, Alien. For what it's worth, what you're reporting should not be the case, so it's just a matter of narrowing down what's happening.
    And here we are again pretending to be the ZOS QA department ...
    dry.gif

It's not like someone at ZOS could have actually tested this before the patch was pushed to live, no?
    confused24.gif
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    And here we are again pretending to be the ZOS QA department ...
    dry.gif

It's not like someone at ZOS could have actually tested this before the patch was pushed to live, no?
    confused24.gif

it's not worth being angry over. It's not intended, it will be fixed. It's far better than some of the other things in this patch that are very intended.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there is always the chance he was victim to the fairly common hack/exploit that see through stealth.

This comment is not about the OP but to remind Jessica that this needs to be worked on - if thats even possible since it seems to exist in all stealth games.
    JF if not, please advise CS to give exploit like these highest priority to move on and catch these cheaters. I see this pretty much every time in extended keep wall standoffs.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Streak ignores the 100% rule 100% of the time. PLEASE look into it.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

Like what? The rule where aoe dmg pops people out of stealth?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭
    There is still a 100% miss chance for projectiles on Dark Cloak.

Working as intended.

Edited by jaebdub on September 15, 2014 5:59PM
    Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why the heck did they change it so that abilities like elemental wall and path of darkness do not remove invisibility? Those are the exact AoEs that is supposed to break invisibility!
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭

streak ia an AoE ability (with an area of effect that is a straight line instead of a cone or circle like many other AoE but still an AoE)... so it is natural for it to ignore the 100% miss chance that stealth apply to "projectile attacks" ... since it isn't a projectile to begin with ^^

or are you saing that you want AoE (streak, impulse, banner, nova, vail of blade, cleave, wirlwind, runes and so on...)to miss as well turning invisibility into invulnerability?
    Edited by Comaetilico on September 15, 2014 6:05PM
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He might be refering to streak being usable when rooted.

Similar to how nightblades can often activate dark cloak even when they are stunned or knocked down.

Fantastic game, eh...
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    He might be refering to streak being usable when rooted.

Similar to how nightblades can often activate dark cloak even when they are stunned or knocked down.

Fantastic game, eh...

how does the ability of being activated wile rooted have anything to do with the 100% miss chance being ingored that he talked about?

also teleport strike work the same way... root doen't hinder teleport like moovement... and that is nothing new since it itìs the same way it work in many other games.. it simply is a design choice.. some game developer chhose for root to hinder TP other choose to not do so... one game designer making one choice doesn't mean that every other game designer should make the same ^^

about dark cloak being able to be activated while stunned that may be a bug... but once again that has nothing to do with the argument that is being discussed here ^^
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Video currently uploading...

It appears that the problem occurs when something/someone starts an attack against you, and you cloak while it is "en-route."

In 1.3, cloaking while a projectile or ability was en-route would cause it to miss and NOT break cloak. I used to love cloaking against other Nightblades trying to spam Ambush on me, and hearing their teleport sound play while they stood there not teleporting.

Now, an ability started before you cloak will break you out of cloak. Sometimes it will even still hit you!

This is a huge step back and really should have been tested. I know the devs have a lot to work on, but to be fair this was a priority 1 core class ability that had been broken since beta. You would think that with as many people as were looking forward to it finally working, they might have spent 5 minutes actually play testing it?

Sorry to sound rude or ungrateful, I don't mean to be, but it honestly just boggles my mind.

Regardless, what it means in PVP is that if two or more people are attacking you, the cloak is useless. They will be throwing enough abilities at you to constantly break you out, in spite of spamming the cloak constantly until you run out of magicka, as just happened to me.

Cloak is currently absolutely useless in PVP which is the only place I use it.

Video at 54%...
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 15, 2014 6:16PM
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    First, Lets not hijack this thread. The notes are somewhat unclear until you read here. It makes you think AoE would be stopped, in full (first hit) but really its only the DoT aspect. This means after being hit you can stealth and move about with out wasting it.

Second, Invisibility needs work in general. The main reason this is addressed this way is the exploit use by vamp to speed away at high speed under steatlh. That is addressed Elsewyr. That said, NB's are known weak and there should be a distinct difference between the Potion and a Nightblade. For me, a night blade using invis SHOULD be clear of AoE - wake up its less than 3 seconds (yes I know it chains but your using Magicka and skill).

Invisible for non Nightblades needs some tweaking to be less potent. I.E reduce the time, check if the cooldown is not working or something AND still let any damage break it. Reason for this again is the ability to vanish with dozens of people looking for you. Of course again, part of this may have been the high speed move of Vamp.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Video currently uploading...

It appears that the problem occurs when something/someone starts an attack against you, and you cloak while it is "en-route."

In 1.3, cloaking while a projectile or ability was en-route would cause it to miss and NOT break cloak. I used to love cloaking against other Nightblades trying to spam Ambush on me, and hearing their teleport sound play while they stood there not teleporting.

Now, an ability started before you cloak will break you out of cloak. Sometimes it will even still hit you!

This is a huge step back and really should have been tested. I know the devs have a lot to work on, but to be fair this was a priority 1 core class ability that had been broken since beta. You would think that with as many people as were looking forward to it finally working, they might have spent 5 minutes actually play testing it?

Sorry to sound rude or ungrateful, I don't mean to be, but it honestly just boggles my mind.

Regardless, what it means in PVP is that if two or more people are attacking you, the cloak is useless. They will be throwing enough abilities at you to constantly break you out, in spite of spamming the cloak constantly until you run out of magicka, as just happened to me.

Cloak is currently absolutely useless in PVP which is the only place I use it.

Video at 54%...

actualy about the fact that prior to patch stealt will always break on route attacks... that is not 100% correct... as both a NB and Sorc i can say that projectile act with a long animation (not casting but the animation of the projectile himslef) sometime hitted you when you stealthed after the projectile went into air... this is especialy true for crystal blast (the AoE dmg morph) ... that skill makes quite an high parabole before hitting to the point that you can complete the casting of a second blast (and be on your way trough the third) before the first one hit the target...

based on this I assumed that there is probably a certain time frame between the spell releast an the impact in wich if you turn invis the spell willmiss and a time frame where it is already too late...

this was for prior patch... being in EU I can't test yet to see if it is just this same behavior that maybe got a bit enhanced or it is a totally new behavior that makes every kind of projectile hit if the invisibility is used between the cast completition and the actual hit regardless of the animation speed
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Here you go...

Either the ability does not break cloak, but does damage to you while you are in cloak, or the ability misses, but breaks you out of cloak.

This renders cloak effectively useless in PVP, as you will either take damage while cloaked (which never happened to me prior to this patch except for AOE, as things would just miss even if already en-route), or it misses like before, but breaks you out of cloak.

So, in the thick of combat spamming cloak you will either take damage anyway, or never go stealth from constantly being broken out as has happened to me.
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 15, 2014 6:40PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and helping us narrow down the issue, Alien. We've confirmed that this is indeed a bug. Our combat and abilities team is already working on getting a fix.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and helping us narrow down the issue, Alien. We've confirmed that this is indeed a bug. Our combat and abilities team is already working on getting a fix.

Thanks. Looking forward to it. Guess its a great opportunity to level the ol' Sorc. :p
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a similar thread on a Blazing Shield bug a while back that appears to have been overlooked. Not to hijack the thread, but here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0YFKYjvspY
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Looking forward to it. Guess its a great opportunity to level the ol' Sorc. :p
    It's been like this for awhile :'( That along with Magelight canceling it :'( Thanks for the DoT fix though :'(
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Here you go...

Either the ability does not break cloak, but does damage to you while you are in cloak, or the ability misses, but breaks you out of cloak.

This renders cloak effectively useless in PVP, as you will either take damage while cloaked (which never happened to me prior to this patch except for AOE, as things would just miss even if already en-route), or it misses like before, but breaks you out of cloak.

So, in the thick of combat spamming cloak you will either take damage anyway, or never go stealth from constantly being broken out as has happened to me.
    gg spells missing canceling cloak... I like to play the "not OP fotm class", but geez I didn't think I'd be playing the handicapped class...
    Edited by TheBull on September 15, 2014 7:13PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been like this for awhile :'( That along with Magelight canceling it :'( Thanks for the DoT fix though :'(

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can you have them look at this as well? It appears Mage Light is indeed breaking it as well, not just revealing you to the player using it.
  • Khan
    Khan
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Nightblades.

Silly, silly Nightblades.

That's what you get for complaining about Cloak for so long. Now you eat an even worse form of it. Makes you grateful for the "original", sub-optimal version doesn't it?

Did you happen to see what the devs did there?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many programmers does it take to fix NB cloak? :)
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is sad is that it literally took me 5 minutes of play testing to discover this.