Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-on wanted

Arizona_Willie
Arizona_Willie
✭✭✭
I would love to have an add-on that would inspect your toon when you come back from questing loaded with lots of different items you have picked up and put them in the inventory of your other toons you use as extra bag space.

It take almost an hour, sometimes, to log in and transfer items and then log out and go through 7 characters wasting all that time to log out and back in. Over and over and over and over.

How great would it be to come back to whatever location you consider " home " for your toon and call up an add-on and have all your items transferred to the toon you have named to receive them. Wood ( and all items associated with wood crafting ) go to one character, ores and metals go to another, herbs to another without spending all that time trying to transfer stuff manually.

Any add-on programmers up to the challenge?
Edited by Arizona_Willie on September 12, 2014 6:53PM
If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • Beotor
    Beotor
    ✭✭✭
    What we do is break the law
    we tasted blood and we want more
    love it or hate it you gonna pay
    all of us here ruin your day.

Vampire for life
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    I use Bank Manager too, but you still have to waste a LOT of time logging out of one character and then logging into another character BEFORE you can use Bank Manager to transfer stuff from your bank to the character.

This is a huge time sink, especially if you are a crafter and you are constantly collecting items out in the " world " and every time you go " home " you have to empty your full bags and you have collected a variety of items.

There are add-ons that tell you what every character HAS in it's inventory so obviously add-ons are able to open the inventory of characters that are not active.

Hopefully, it would be possible to transfer items between character inventories via an add-on.

If so, it would be wonderful to have an add-on that would do that transferring and save us all that logging out and logging in and using Bank Manager on each toon.
    Beotor wrote: »

If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • Beotor
    Beotor
    ✭✭✭
    There are add-ons that tell you what every character HAS in it's inventory so obviously add-ons are able to open the inventory of characters that are not active.

I dont think so its just a .lua which stores the data. There should be no way to login 2 chars in 1 acc.
    What we do is break the law
    we tasted blood and we want more
    love it or hate it you gonna pay
    all of us here ruin your day.

Vampire for life
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those addons are simply remembering what they last saw. If you log into the character with that addon disabled and change your inventory, delete/sell items, etc, that addon has no way of knowing what you did and will have bad data.

You can not interact with offline characters whatsoever. Period. It is not possible. You HAVE to log around to different characters to transfer items in and out of banks. OR if the items are un-bound you can mail them to a friend and have that friend return the mail, and then withdraw them from your mail at your leisure (inside of 30 days). There are even addons to help with that (Wykkyd's Mailbox). But, you cannot give items to offline characters or ACTUALLY see what an offline character is holding without having an addon that remembers what it last saw that character holding. (I use MobileBank to see that history).