The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Q: A Bandit's Heart, Golden Palms, Keeper of Flame & I love M'aiq achievements

midore
midore
Do anyone know if the mobs from above achievement share the same timer.

If I interact with one of the achievement mobs, will mobs from the other 3 achievements still be available?

If they share the same timer, does it apply across the different zone? If I blackmail a Greenshade merchant, can I still find light a fire between 2 guys in Auridon?

If there is a timer, how long should I wait before heading off to find one of those mobs again?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I finally got my first encounter with Maiq this weekend with one of my characters. I almost killed him when he snuck up behind me. This is with 3 characters who have reached VR ranks, only one has seen Maiq.

As for the other groups, I don't think it is on any kind of a timer, as I was soon able to Intimidate a merchant no long after. Can't remember if I was in the same zone or not. The key to these achievements seems to be walk around on the roads for the Merchants, and poking around obscure camps and sleeping areas for Maiq. I have seen the people who need to start a fire more times than I can think, same with the others who are having an argument.

I think some of them are tied to an area, like Materials Nodes are, so going back over the same areas you find them at will find others. As I see the fire pit people all the time at the same places. Merchants, just walk the roads. (quite frankly I have only done the Intimidation thing once)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shadowcaster_9481
    I have recently completed all of these, so these are my observations. First off, M'aiq is on his own timer, for me, I seen no evidence that he was related to the other three achievements in any way. As far as how long he is up in a particular spot, it is a while. I waited once for him for about 30 minutes (last spot I needed). After that, I just popped back to his spawn points each time I logged in until I found him.

The other three achievements are a bit more complicated. There are multiple spawn points in each zone. Each spawn point has an equal chance (1/3) to be either two people at a camp fire, the merchant to rob, or the beggar looking for coins. About 70% of the time you visit each spawn point, there will be nothing there. My advice is to pick two or three zones to work on at a time and check them when you log in and maybe again when you log out. It took me a few weeks to get them all doing it this way, but I never had to wait around for them.

Also, it appears that once they spawn and someone interacts with them, they will despawn in a minute or two. If someone does use them though, for the remainder of the time they are up, others can also use them. Their respawn time is rumored to be 45 minutes or so (only read this, have not waited around to confirm it). Some people also say that the wandering merchant can take their place, but I have seen the merchant up and walking right past one of them so I do not think this is true.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shadowcaster_9481 is mostly right.

Each zone have three spots that can spawn the NPC' for A Bandit's Heart, Golden Palms, Keeper of Flame OR the wandering merchant.

If they are up, they are up for 15 mins before depoping ( if triggered by a player they will also depop 1 min later), except the wandering merchant who will stay up for 15 mins)

Once they depop, they are down for 45 mins. The only difference between what I said and @Shadowcaster_9481 is there is a forth NPC which spares the spawn cycle and that is the wandering merchant which is not any achievement, it just takes up the spot.

Note: lots of zones have more then one wandering merchant, and some walk past the same spots. Only the ones that start at the spawn location of the A Bandit's Heart, Golden Palms, Keeper of Flame NPC share there spawn cycle

M'aiq is on its own spawn cycle and not effected by anything except itself.
    Edited by Natjur on September 5, 2014 12:06AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To chase these achievements, try this add on

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html

It can show you the locations where these encounters occur. Last week, I got my first ever Maiq encounter (3 characters all taken to VR Levels, and the first ever was last week). This morning I put the add on, and with two destinations, I found Maiq.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"