The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dual Wield Passives & NB Skills

Swampster
Swampster
✭✭✭
Hi,
Probably been asked a thousand times but I've not found a clear answer to what I'm looking for...

Basically, if my Nightblade is dual wielding a pair of daggers for example, do the dual wield weapon skill tree passives have any effect on the Nightblade Class Skill line attacks. That is no active skills from the dual wild tree are used, and the attacks are mostly from the assasination/shadow skill line?

The wording on the passive skill descriptions is a little vague..

If they do impact, do they all, or just certain ones?
Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK, the NB skills that use blades (concealed weapon, ambush etc.) go by the weapon damage and crit so if the DW passive increase those it should increase the damage output of those skills.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, the NB skills that use blades (concealed weapon, ambush etc.) go by the weapon damage and crit so if the DW passive increase those it should increase the damage output of those skills.

Actualy, to correct your statement a bit, Veiled Strike, Teleport Strike and Assassin's Blade get increased damage from Magicka, Spellpower and Weapon Crit. On the other hand, Death Stroke ultimate now scales with both Stamina/Magicka, Weapon Power/Spell Power but only Weapon Crit.
    Swampster wrote: »
    Hi,
    Probably been asked a thousand times but I've not found a clear answer to what I'm looking for...

Basically, if my Nightblade is dual wielding a pair of daggers for example, do the dual wield weapon skill tree passives have any effect on the Nightblade Class Skill line attacks. That is no active skills from the dual wield tree are used, and the attacks are mostly from the assasination/shadow skill line?

The wording on the passive skill descriptions is a little vague..

If they do impact, do they all, or just certain ones?

To answer your question,

Yes, you can get some benefits out of the dual wield skill line even if you play only with magicka oriented abilities :
    - The critical chance from daggers will affect Veiled Strike, Teleport Strike and Assassins Blade chance to crit too.
    - You can Stun and Stagger ennemies with Veiled Strike, and even reduce their armour if you take Surprise Attack (morph) allowing the 15% dmg from Ruffian passive to pump in if you use any dual wield skills/attacks.
    - Since dual wield has a very high weapon power value, with the recent changes, your ultimate damage should scale slighty better (unless you use Resto Staff).

But if you do play a dual wield nightblade, try to mix and match stamina and magicka powers together. My current dual wield setup is :

1.Bloodcraze / 2.Steel Tornado / 3. Funnel Health (solo) or Power Extraction (group) / 4. Ambush / 5.Shadowy Disguise // Ult.Soul Harvest

and it has worked great for me so far.

But if you realy want to focus around magicka abilities only, Resoration staff might be a better choice for you because the 10% dmg from Cycle of Life passive is much more valuable and stronger compared to a 10% physical critical chance increase.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on August 22, 2014 3:55PM
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only Twin Blade and Blunt with daggers as far as it rises weapon crit that works with impale, surprise attack.

Btw there are cool DW atacks to use in builds: flying blade for single targets & steel tornado (with power extraction buff) for large group fights (In Craglorn steal tornado after power extraction makes on mobs 600-700hp crits).
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that is not immediately obvious is that the dual wield passives also apply to basic attacks (light and heavy) if you are dualwielding, even if the tooltip says the passives are 'while using dualwield abilities'. So for example, a heavy dualwield attack against an opponent below 25% life does 20% more damage thanks to the slaughter passive.
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Death Stroke ultimate now scales with both Stamina/Magicka, Weapon Power/Spell Power but only Spell Crit.
    This begs more testing, as I'm positive that death stroke can scale from weapon crit. I use it on my stamina nightblade and he has 0% spell crit, yet this crits all the time.
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brizz wrote: »
    Death Stroke ultimate now scales with both Stamina/Magicka, Weapon Power/Spell Power but only Spell Crit.
    This begs more testing, as I'm positive that death stroke can scale from weapon crit. I use it on my stamina nightblade and he has 0% spell crit, yet this crits all the time.

I'll make some additional testing on my side, but in my experience, I usualy deal almost twice the damage I do when I cast Shadowy Disguise right before Soul Harvest, and I barely do similar damage with 67% physical critical chance. Might be related to the fact I have both Master Assassin and Stealthy passives. But I doubt those would make that much of a change.

Edit : After more testing, Death Stroke indeed scale of weapon crit. i'm gonna fix that in my description. :wink:
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on August 22, 2014 3:54PM
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    But what is about Swords? The tooltip says:

While Dual Wielding
    Deals up to 2.5% additional damage with Sword equipped.

Are the 5% more DMG added to every DMG done? Light Attack, Heavy Attack, Dual Wield Skills as well as Class Skills, Guild Skills and Ultimates?

The tooltip is not really clear about it.
  • forthewinn2
    forthewinn2
    ✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    But what is about Swords? The tooltip says:

While Dual Wielding
    Deals up to 2.5% additional damage with Sword equipped.

Are the 5% more DMG added to every DMG done? Light Attack, Heavy Attack, Dual Wield Skills as well as Class Skills, Guild Skills and Ultimates?

The tooltip is not really clear about it.

From what I've seen dual wielding swords does boost the damage of class abilities. Can't say that I've checked Ultimates or guild skills, but I'd say It should affect them too.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭

Conceled scales with spell power.

Class melee skills: magicka/spell power/weapon crit
    Class ranged skills: magicka/spell power/spell crit
    Ultimates: varies