The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grinder's kill MMO's, do you agree, what should be done about this?

• HeroStomp13
    Grinder's need to be stopped.
    grinding is not "part of" an MMO, they are players who take advantage of the newer or lower level characters. The first time I went into the "PVP" zone I tried to talk to a NPC, then was promptly stabbed in the back for my troubles. The PVP zone is supposed to be AvAvA, but it's more like the alliances start to work together to stop one alliance from getting the crown, so it turns into A&AvsA. I have yet to try craglorn because I just started to play. People play MMO's for the roleplaying all the time, don't believe me just get on WoW sometime. Those players not only know the lore behind their game but know how to HELP the newer players so they don't get slaughtered by the opposing force. MMO's are about community driven game play, this is a MMORPG. Meaning you are going to have players such as myself who are fans of the Elder Scrolls series, typically only single player RPG's, and you are going to have MMO fan's. They are two separate groups of people, telling me I picked the wrong game just because I actually want to role play my character is a waste of time. I will play the way I want to play, this is not a MOBA or a typical MMO. In my opinion this is a new bread of MMO, Trion is actually making a new MMO just for this reason, it's a sandbox MMORPG. Meaning that there are no NPC quest line's, or NPC shops. It all player driven.
    May the Night Mother watch over you.
    I was one of the original "HeroStomp"s my number is 13
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can stop it from happening, it's part of the game. But it annoys me and does effect my gaming, that's the only part that bothers me. Not counting the amount of top level players that are terrible because they didn't level up and learn, they just grinded out with a huge group and don't know how to play when they go off on their own. But that is their problem, not mine if I don't run with them.

What bugs me is when I'm questing and all the sudden this huge group of players comes storming through and killing everything I'm supposed to kill for a quest. Leaving me sometimes without the kill at all, at best no loot and little XP. Plus it cause stuff to get nerfed like anomalies, so now when I have to do three in a row for the quest, the loot sucks after the first one b/c of the nerf.

It's a minor inconvenience, but it would be nice if it magically went away. Other than that, we have to read about all the grinders whining on the forums everytime the level cap goes up b/c all they care about is being max level and not actually playing the game.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing you can do about grinder's.
    Even if they stopped grinding in open areas people will go to dungeons and grind there. There is nothing you can do to stop it. It is part of the game in the sense that people will grind no matter what.
  • HeroStomp13
    It's just a minor inconvenience but it take's away allot of the "enjoyment" of the game for me, as it is harder to complete quest's with so many people joining "grinders groups". I stopped playing WoW for the same reason, why keep paying for a subscription when you just keep getting killed every time the level cap raises.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grinding is just part of the game.
    *deleted
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on September 1, 2014 7:15PM
  • HeroStomp13
    I totally agree however the player that killed me when I first joined was a level 43 vet, I don't know how he leveled up but I could tell that he had WAY better equipment then me when I was killed in 2 hit's. I didn't even have a chance to exit the dialog to try to counter, I just died on the spot.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing you can do about grinder's.
    Yes, I agree. Grinders need to be stopped. But I also think there's nothing we can do about it.

The almighty sandwich gods have deemed the Grinder the most worthy, and so it goes on a tasty rampage throughout society.

We didn't even know what hit us until it was too late. Now the almighty Grinders will spell the doom and destruction of us all with their deadly lettuce, tactically assorted meats, and any cheese you can imagine.

It's all just too much for one mans tastebuds to handle...

(Sorry, the pun was just too easy. I have no actual opinion on the subject, people who choose to grind don't affect me in any noticeable way.)
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on August 31, 2014 11:59PM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just frustrated at going into a dungeon to do a quest only to find no mobs in site and a level 40+ running through it, this is probably the reason it is taking so long to implement the "justice system" because how are you supposed to penalize players for playing the way they like. You can't at the moment, however if we had the Dark Brotherhood, then you could just send a hit squad on the player's you don't like or the player's that have offended you. I am not trying to get people to stop grinding, it's a very essential part of an MMO, but is it fair for level 40+ to be grinding the starting area's and leaving no mob's for the other newer players?

Well...many of them have a big stack of achievement to get through in the journal. So guess what they do and where those achievements are ? Persoanlly I like to complete as much as poss while I am in the zone of that level....but most dont.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    I generally enjoy questing and quested my way through level 1 to vr10 on my first char.
    For my alts though, I just wanted to get it done and grinding (at least level 1-50) is A LOT quicker. You're talking hours rather than days really...

That said, my alts are stuck at VR 1 and 3 as i find the Craglorn boss grinding particularly boring and don't really feel like questing.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Grinding is just part of the game.
    The more and more I read this thread, it just appears to be the thread author trolling the forums, in that case, well played.

If however you're serious, then expect to be killed in Cyrodiil, there's no way around it other than not entering Cyrodiil. You enter Cyrodiil means you're open game to any enemy faction, no matter what you're doing there.
  • HeroStomp13
    Nope just "trolling" the forums to get a sense of what the forum community is like. I have grown to enjoy the PVP even when there are vets in the non vet campaign. That's the part of Cyrodiil I enjoy the most, because even when one pact tries to work with another they end up just fighting amongst themselves lol

*edited in response to ZOS request*
    Edited by HeroStomp13 on September 2, 2014 1:40AM