Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Why are NightBlades so bugged in Cyrodiil?

Elyna
Elyna
✭✭✭✭
I cant tell you how many times I went to use concealed weapon or ambush on someone, only to have it not go off or deal no damage. Stealth itself feels incredibly wonky, it will stealth and unstealth 500 times for no reason or sometimes just not stealth at all. Not to mention every time I go to attack someone in stealth, I'll randomly get detected and lose 90% of my power.
Edited by Elyna on August 29, 2014 7:04PM
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concealed is broken imo.

Its just like the snipe skill. Causes lag/health bar desyncs to victim and user.

Several times recently I hit ambush/concealed and they didn't even register. Enemy isn't moving so I hit concealed again, it goes off instantly and the guy is dead?

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lethal arrow is doing the same thing. I shot someone 6x times with lethal arrow last night. no damage.
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    Our cloaks are definitely still screwed up horribly. Also skills like Mark Target and Summon Shades/Dark Shades constantly not working at all. You see yourself cast it but they arent marked or no shades appear. Half the time when shades do appear they run to the target and its like they bounce off their shield and run another direction or straight back to you to ruin your hiding.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    lethal arrow is doing the same thing. I shot someone 6x times with lethal arrow last night. no damage.

I get the "guy pointing bow in the middle of the air ready to shoot Lethal Arrow for 10s freeze" then the skill goes off.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elyna wrote: »
    I cant tell you how many times I went to use concealed weapon or ambush on someone, only to have it not go off or deal no damage. Stealth itself feels incredibly wonky, it will stealth and unstealth 500 times for no reason or sometimes just not stealth at all. Not to mention every time I go to attack someone in stealth, I'll randomly get detected and lose 90% of my power.

I can't tell you how many times i've been hit by those abilities, and not been able to get out of the stun, or have it completely break my damn hotbar not allowing me to use any ability what so ever.

• darkdruidssb14_ESO
    darkdruidssb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell you how many times i've been hit by those abilities, and not been able to get out of the stun, or have it completely break my damn hotbar not allowing me to use any ability what so ever.

Did you try hitting ESC once you realized your hotbar was locked up? I know that used to sometimes help.. not sure if it is the same bug as the one from around launch.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saet wrote: »
    Our cloaks are definitely still screwed up horribly. Also skills like Mark Target and Summon Shades/Dark Shades constantly not working at all. You see yourself cast it but they arent marked or no shades appear. Half the time when shades do appear they run to the target and its like they bounce off their shield and run another direction or straight back to you to ruin your hiding.
    I think our shades are the most useless pet. I was supremely disappointed both in the initial pet and the morphs. What a huge waste.
    :trollin:
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think our shades are the most useless pet. I was supremely disappointed both in the initial pet and the morphs. What a huge waste.

Cast Dark Shades while you are stealthed, and watch the fun.
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭

The morph where you can port to your shade is a really good escape tool. use shade, ambush in, morph out.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elyna wrote: »

The morph where you can port to your shade is a really good escape tool. use shade, ambush in, morph out.

you are correct, however my problem with that is

1) in order to cast my shade he must be aimed at the enemy who will immediately know i cast him because he starts atacking the enemy with his bow and arrow

2) immediately after i cast him i then have to use and cast invisibility OR start the atack which is a waste of my very low and limited magicka pool, so by the time i have cast him and go back into stealth and or atack the enemy i now have low magicka and also i am completely exposed as to where i am at, which for a nightblade to be exposed will almost asuredly be my death unless i am lucky enough to have the luck roll in my favor and able to kill the enemy.

i do love that little dark brotherhood type looking dude that we can summon and yes he's awesome but, he does almost nothing in damage, and he does not last long, in addition: if the enemy does die, or go into stealth then the summoned shade will then immediatly come running right to me and show people Exactly where i am hiding. quite stupid because my whole class nightblade is based on being totaly hidden.

EDIT:
    oh and also i forgot to mention that when i use my shade to immediate port back to he has a very small limited area AND timer in which i can port back to him.
    both the timer and the alowed lenght of where i cast him to where i can port back Both need to be greatly increased.
    i need atleast a 2 minute timer on him and also the ability to cast him and go atleast 25 yards away so i can teleport and escape atleast once like the mage can use that teleport spam, atleast i could have it for even once but thats not posibile since hes only allowed like 8 foot or something.
    Edited by Gilvoth on August 29, 2014 9:13PM
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    For me the best usage of the shades is to let them bang on someone to deplete their stamina. I dont use them for their damage at all. Its also hilarious watching people fight them.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use the teleport shade for a bit of fun. It's not particularly effective because it doesn't work as a dodge but it was amusing. Unfortunately it's just not reliable any more. Half the time I teleport nowhere: the animation and sound play but I stay in the same spot. So even for a bit of fun it's pointless because it doesn't work.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that how conceal is rarely used for stun. You know why? It's so buggy. Sometimes there is a 1 sec delay after cloak sometimes it's instant, sometimes it doesn't work at all.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    I like that how conceal is rarely used for stun. You know why? It's so buggy. Sometimes there is a 1 sec delay after cloak sometimes it's instant, sometimes it doesn't work at all.
    it only stuns if you are in stealth OR invisible.

Stealth needs a crap ton of work. im tired of it keeping me detected when there is nothing to detect me. in fact, it p**** me off greatly. I can even use cloak and it wont re-stealth me.

a lot of times ill be detected while behind someone for no reason at all, and my concealed weapon will not stun and deal no damage. My cloak bugs out constantly, so I cant use it to get the stun from veiled strike(original non-morphed form of the ability) though every once in awhile it will work.cloak needs to be fixed; ZOS, please read the words below:
    FIX. NIGHTBLADE. CLOAK. AS. SOON. AS. POSSIBLE.

its been almost 5 months, and the d*** cloak still bugs out half the time. its unacceptable at this stage in the game. Dragons blood works every single time. Bolt escape works every single time. and all the Templars heals work every single time. Why cant our cloak work every single time? Is it too much to ask for the most important ability of my class to WORK AS INTENDED? is it really so much to ask? please tell me if it is.

And finally, there are times where veiled strike just won't do the stun, even when stealthed or invisible, WHILE behind my enemy. which makes me waste my magicka. Im going to be replacing it if it does not start working.

Edited by Cody on September 1, 2014 4:12AM
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 l2p...

NB are so messed up but if you say that on the forums or in the game you will just get a bunch of derps attacking you saying its fine...
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    TheBull wrote: »
    it only stuns if you are in stealth OR invisible.

Stealth needs a crap ton of work. im tired of it keeping me detected when there is nothing to detect me. in fact, it p**** me off greatly. I can even use cloak and it wont re-stealth me.

a lot of times ill be detected while behind someone for no reason at all, and my concealed weapon will not stun and deal no damage. My cloak bugs out constantly, so I cant use it to get the stun from veiled strike(original non-morphed form of the ability) though every once in awhile it will work.cloak needs to be fixed; ZOS, please read the words below:
    FIX. NIGHTBLADE. CLOAK. AS. SOON. AS. POSSIBLE.

its been almost 5 months, and the d*** cloak still bugs out half the time. its unacceptable at this stage in the game. Dragons blood works every single time. Bolt escape works every single time. and all the Templars heals work every single time. Why cant our cloak work every single time? Is it too much to ask for the most important ability of my class to WORK AS INTENDED? is it really so much to ask? please tell me if it is.

And finally, there are times where veiled strike just won't do the stun, even when stealthed or invisible, WHILE behind my enemy. which makes me waste my magicka. Im going to be replacing it if it does not start working.

About the detection thing. Tell me about it. Ill be 100 feet away from a fort and a mage with telescopes for eyeballs will randomly see me and trap me in detected state.