The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I cant believe people are...

HooisierBoy
HooisierBoy
✭✭
Complaining about no new content for solo players. I have never seen an mmo cater to solo players once you reach endgame content. Lets take Wow for intance, once you reach max level, you got a few options. First you can run heroic dungeons or scenarios for tokens for the gear chase (group content). You can do dailies for rep to get either gear, mount or some vanity item(solo content). Next you can start doing raids which is more group content, which is considered End game content(more group content). You can also go do some pvp, which is still some what group content. Lastly you can go do old dungeons, achievements etc. The only solo content you get playing Wow is when a new expansion comes out which is a very long wait lol. So my point is plain and simple this is an MMO not a single player game. It was made 2 b played with a group once u reach end game.
  • rrood41828
    rrood41828
    ✭✭✭
    GW1 added customizable "heroes" when finding a group started to become a problem, and that option kind of killed a few birds with one stone. Then again, GW1 was instanced so that may not be a viable option here. Just a thought.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People will always, ALWAYS, find something to complain about. Especially on the Internet. Best to take it all with a grain of salt.

I'm basically a solo/duo player due to circumstances of RL but I'm not upset at all about "end game" grouping. If I can manage to do it, great! If not, I have had a lot of fun getting to the point where I can't go any further.

It's just a game...

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is your opinion , which is fine , but no more valid than others :P.

This game is not WoW and the solo endgame in this game couldnt even begin to compare to WoWs anyway. Since there is NONE in this game.

Tons of players that came to this game , came for the solo play , since this is still the TES franchise , if zen wants to keep those subs , they better step up with that new solo zone , which should give an option for people to solo their way to endgame gear/lvls... Instead of forcing them to group.

If they cant? Then they will lose those players , cause the road to VR10 is nice and i did like the quests , but that ends , after that? There is nothing.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to complain about you complaining about people complaining.

In fact, I'd like to complain about me complaining about you complaining about people complaining.

No lets take it further, I... wait. This has to end somewhere!

*divides by zero and collapses the thread-verse in on itself*
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭
    Well, outside of PvP the endgame here largely consists of...more levelling and levelling Veteran Ranks does not constitute endgame I'm afraid.

I have no problem with group content such as dungeons and raids but if I'm questing I like to go at my own pace and be able to go off at a moment's notice and explore.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They even complained about the maintenance times, despite ZOS having the most player-friendly maintenance schedule in MMO existence.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair solo players do have a long wait for the things they want.... thieves guild, dark brotherhood, spellcrafting and Wrothgar. Most likely the next content update after this one will be the Imperial City.

Why does this game attract solo players? It's TES.
    Edited by Tabbycat on August 31, 2014 9:20PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    To be fair solo players do have a long wait for the things they want.... thieves guild, dark brotherhood, spellcrafting and Wrothgar. Most likely the next content update after this one will be the Imperial City.

Well, I've played some of TES over the years but that's not what attracted me. In fact I pretty much had to be coerced into even trying the game. Once tried, after initial noobness, I enjoyed it for what it is and how it's presented.

Not much of a grouper, WoW cured me of that. I have done a bit here and there in this game and may do more since there seems to be a very welcome lack of WoWness. :)

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Massively multiplayer online (game).

Please point out the bit in that that says all players must group?

We know that ESO plans more solo zones as well as group content, they added things like Craglorn first mainly because solo players have several hundred individual solo quests already.

Future content will be a mix.

This is not WoW, this is ESO.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 50/50, don't mind questing and exploring alone, but I like the social aspect too, and I'm happy to group as well, so I get the best of both worlds anyway. Though I would be quite happy to see some more solo stuff in endgame, as I prefer to group with Guildies when I can, and we are not always online at the same time
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »

ESO is certainly very attractive, on the tin, to a solo player. Not just because it's TES either. ZOS touts ESO's solo friendliness to the public.

Example: http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/10/5887949/elder-scrolls-online-updates

That's a report from last month. ZOS publicly stating that they want to enhance the solo experience, which personally I think is great already. This invalidates the OP's opinion that this MMO does not (and should not) cater to solo players.

Personally, I have no complaints about the solo experience, but I have not reached VR content yet. I'm a very "casual" player, to use the common term. Just thought I would illustrate ZOS' stance on this, instead of allowing them to be bundled into "every MMO company does it this way, so ZOS must too".

So, lets bust the "anti-social soloer myth", shall we?

I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but not all solo players are anti-social by the way OP. Some of us just can't play a game enough to form bonds with regular play partners, and don't have any RL relations who play. We are left forming quick PickUp Groups (PUGS), which most often end disastrously due to people playing at different paces. I love to socialize, personally. Send me tells any time... I love to chat. Just not coordinate groups.

Of course I recognize the limitations of solo play, as do most soloers I believe. There are things that you cannot, and should not be able to do alone. And that's great! It doesn't mean that ZOS has to stop catering to solo players though (and fortunately, they don't seem to have that intention).

So there you have it. You can be a social soloer. Everything isn't black and white.
    Edited by Sarenia on August 31, 2014 9:37PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining about no new content for solo players. I have never seen an mmo cater to solo players once you reach endgame content. Lets take Wow for intance, once you reach max level, you g

1 - YAWN, I can' t believe people are starting new threads on this.
    2 - My last MMO - Rift - provided new content for solo players past endgame
    3 - MMO does not mean mandatory grouping. It means 'massively multiplayer online'. In fact, a vast amount of MMOs have huge amounts of solo options. I am talking about the big MMOs, CoD etc.
    Edited by raglau on August 31, 2014 9:46PM
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    , once you reach max level, you got a few options.

Take that one sentence, and share with us if WoW or any mmo for that matter allows you to max to X and then only completely max level via group/pvp. (I asked this before, no answer)

You can argue the semantics of if 50 is max level or the coming VRs are max level. The bottom line is that there is a complete gap that isn't being addressed for ALL players and until ZOS addresses that people will complain, especially while content is continually being added that leaves them out. The same QQ'ing you would see in reverse if every content update since launch had been solo content.

Edit: In fact, I'd say they are doing it intentionally because the people that are here playing their way through, doing their own thing without live/die based on ability to raid or gank someone...have the most hardcore love for the "Elder Scrolls" part of Online and are willing to be more patient in keeping subscribed than the hardcore mmo "I need new candy" fans.

Edited by Psychobunni on August 31, 2014 9:48PM
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQ has mercenary NPCs so you can solo things. Mostly though, you need 2 people + 2 mercenaries to do anything level appropriate after a certain level. And you have to have a paid account and have done a progression quest to be able to use the mercenaries that are in any way effective.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I played WoW I loved doing the older raid content (Karazahn was my favorite). I certainly don't mind grouping with others to do group content.

That said, I greatly prefer doing questing solo. The reason is I usually want to take more time than others to read and listen to quest dialogue. Sometimes I just wander about picking flowers, mining a node or chopping wood. I might even just run off in another direction to see what's on the other side of that hill. I don't want my zig zag questing style to slow anyone else down. I just find it's easier to go off on my own questing.

I can understand the solo players wanting more content. I can't help but feel like they are cheating themselves out of part of the game when they flat out refuse to do any group content. I simply don't understand it. Why wouldn't you want to at least try a little bit of everything?

I'm happy when new stuff comes out whether it's for solo or group people. I like to socialize with different people in my guild who have different play styles. I would be very sad if any of them ever left the game because they ran out of things to do.
    Edited by Tabbycat on September 1, 2014 1:19AM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%