The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Controller Support

Starkiller321st
Starkiller321st
Soul Shriven
The ESO Game is a good game. I wounder if there is a patch or something out there that will or has controller support for the game. If anything it would be a good test to see how it would work on the next gen systems when the game hits them.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is some post aboutthe thematic. Have no idea if it works.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/74631/perfect-controller-support-xpadder-profile#latest

The easiest way is propably to map controler keys to keyboard keys, then let the controler work as a USB-Keyboard.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • cf398ub17_ESO
    cf398ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i am using a controller but i use pinnacle game profile i just like it better just shop around on google and you will learn everything you need to get it up and running
    but you still have to use mouse and keyboard for some things like inventory management don't worry you get use to it very quickly
    Edited by cf398ub17_ESO on June 6, 2014 3:52PM
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Xbox One controller support for PC being released this week I hope ESO releases embedded controller support for. They would be well served to do so before the console release date to get feedback and know which configuration options need available for console players.

I personally think the combat in this game is too difficult to be using a make-shift gamepad configuration with a tool like pinnacle profiler. I have created dozens of very advanced profiles for various game genres so I know what i'm doing, and I can say with certainty that the limitations of the mouse and keyboard emulation really starts to kick your ass at veteran levels, even when solo questing. Of course, I am a templar. So, ya know, everything kicks my ass.
    Edited by pecheckler on June 6, 2014 10:29PM
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • GhostTown
    GhostTown
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah i use xpadder. Works great! Love to have integrated support though.
  • mibeal
    mibeal
    Soul Shriven
    Also using xpadder here with a 360 controller. I'm a hybrid of sorts I play at my desk with the controller, keyboard and mouse to navigate menus. Controller for movement combat etc. I've been playing MMO's for about 10 years and I just never fully adapted to the keyboard style of control. Works great imo.
  • Shwntrny_ESO
    Shwntrny_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just posted a thread about my addon Stratejacket Xbox UI. Check that out if you are interested.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use xpadder as well. Pretty much got everything I use covered. Apart from Journal and Questing, so I just use the mouse for that.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • C00ki3
    C00ki3
    Soul Shriven
    I bought Joystick Mapper from the Mac App Store and have mapped numerous controls to my Xbox 360 Wired Gamepad. However, I am having certain unresponsive controls with Joystick Mapper and Xbox 360 wired gamepad.

For instance, I mapped the right trigger to the left mouse button as the attack button, as you might expect. However, sometimes my character will continue to swing wildly long after I have stopped an attack. To get it to stop, I have to press Esc and then return.

Since the left mouse button is also the way to select a choice and dialogue, I try to use it for that purpose with the right trigger. It is very hit or miss in registering.

While I have joystick mapper running, I cannot use my actual mouse very effectively to select dialog choices with the left mouse button either. It has the same problems. But if joystick mapper is not functioning, the mouse controls work fine.

I would be very interested if someone who is using joystick mapper could share their profile and I could test it out. Has anyone else had problems like these?

I can't possibly fathom controller mate. I have given it a try and it makes my head hurt.
  • C00ki3
    C00ki3
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I'm kind of embarrassed. There was an easy fix to my problem with Joystick Mapper. It was this issue, which is discussed in their FAQ:

"When I map the Xbox 360 triggers, it fires when I release the button, and keeps firing util I press it down, I want it to fire only when I push it DOWN.
    Check if the input says "Axis #N -", change the Minus for Plus, it should work."

I suppose since I had it reversed, it was just creating odd behavior.
  • TheEmoVampire
    TheEmoVampire
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people paying for profilers?
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I use the left side of an xbox 360 controller in my left hand (xpadder), and a gaming mouse with my right hand (Razer).........works for me.

I have 2 vr12's.......Sorcerer and Dragonknight.......oh, and I'm 64 years old.....keyboard is beyond my fingers at this age.