The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

slow download

ozm8ey
ozm8ey
✭✭✭
Hello I just formatted my hard drive because i had a virus anyway Im downloading the game again but its only downloading at 1.26mbs and it used to download at 40-60 mbs, is there anyway to speed things up?
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem. Stuck at 1-2.8mbs.
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Greetings! @ozm8ey‌ we've created a ticket for you on your behalf and our Customer Support team will be in contact shortly to assist you further. @RunAway‌, are you still in need of support or has your issue been resolved?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    got it downloaded, once it got to about %22 it sped up to about 48 mbs
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    @zos_alexd No, mine has downloaded, but I had to wait over 4 hours for it.
  • ZOS_AlexD
    We're happy to hear that you were each able to get the game downloaded and thank you for responding and letting us know how it worked for you.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Who is your ISP and what is your official download speed?
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you are aware that the game/patch download speed is shown in mB/s rather than mbps? (Ie. MegaBYTES per second, rather than MegaBITS - so a download speed shown on the launcher as being 1.2 mB/s is nearing 10 mbps).
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    well thats what i mean "mbps" also i use optus isp and my speed is 76.5 mbps and 1.01 upload speed.

anyway its all good now
  • SkoomaBandit
    You aren't reading the status of your download. When it says 48mbs, it is applying a patch, not downloading. It will go back and forth between downloading and applying patches. Typical download speeds are 2 to 3mb/s.

If you find that your download starts to creep lower than 2mb/s, you can try to pause the download for half a minute or so, then resume it. Sometimes this will speed up the download. I can't say for sure, but it may be because you get connected to a different server that isn't as busy?
  • Rasmusbanderb16_ESO
    Rasmusbanderb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i am downloading at 400kb/s and i really need some help about how to speed this up, otherwise this will take me several days of leaving my computer on...

Not acceptable.
  • april.lynneub17_ESO
    april.lynneub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having similar issues. Current download speed is 12.81 kB/s, but keeps fluctuating between 3 and 20 kB/s (never going above 20). I have no other things open, and I've already checked my connection. I have Verizon and currently have a download speed of 60 Mbps. I understand other users might be patching at the same time as me, but this patch has been out for a while now and this download speed is beyond ridiculous, regardless. At this rate, it will take me until the time the next patch is available to download 2540.56 MB.

This is completely unacceptable.
  • malnu74_ESO
    malnu74_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I started fresh install of Windows then went straight to downloading the game. I'm stuck at 2mb/s and have had this running all night. It is only at 19% this morning. I have Spectrum internet with 300mb/s download speeds on average.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over 5 years old we are closing the discussion. If there are no recent threads regarding download issues, you are welcome to start a new thread. You can also find troubleshooting in the two help articles listed below.
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.