The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Cannot Swap Weapons Now

hammer_fella
hammer_fella
✭✭✭
Hey ZOS, I was just wondering if we could get an ETA on when I'll be able to swap my weapons? Is my other weapon preoccupied somehow? Is it trapped in Oblivion? It's not as though I'm currently using the one I'm holding. No. I'm just standing here like an idiot in the middle of combat mashing my swap weapon button because I desperately need the other weapon RIGHT NOW.

You've implemented a 2 bar system as a fundamental element of your combat system, and for some reason have also included an error message denying me the ability to use that other weapon. Brilliant.
Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
Daggerfall Covenant
Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
Ebonheart Pact
Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, I agree here. IMO, weapon swap should be instant and usable anytime, even when stunned/during animations etc. Anything else makes combat less reactive and intuitive, I expect a combat system to respond my keystrokes instantly, without taking that extra fractio of a second to check if it really did something; it just doesn't feel natural.

Does it make sense logically? No, but so does tying my class skills to it, it's an UI element and should be treated as such
    Edited by guybrushtb16_ESO on August 31, 2014 9:08AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    weapon swap should be instant and usable anytime, even when stunned/during animations etc.

Um, stunned means you can't take any actions, or at least it should, so weapons swap then makes no sense.

I agree that weapon swap should be more fluid and fast though, although maybe not instantaneous.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on August 31, 2014 9:23AM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    For the record, I wasn't CC'ed either. Just walking around helplessly.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug that happens from time to time. You press ESC a few times to fix it, and if that does not work, it will resolve itself within reasonable time. Unless this is something entirely different, then feel free to correct me.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems I'm getting the cannot weapon swap notice while having a buff going on (mainly my honor of the dead buff, or I've just notice this particular one the most because of the 7 second buff after casting it) from the original bar and must wait until the buff ends before being able to swap. Has anyone noticed this?
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine swap very well. I use swap constantly, several times in most fights.

Not seeing a problem at all with this.
  • Xanthro
    Xanthro
    ✭✭✭

Many people, including me, have gotten the "You can't currently swap weapons" bug.
    It can happen at any time, even after death. You die, you spawn, weapons can't swap. You can be in the middle of combat, go to swap weapons and nothing happens.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had it twice. Best to relog when something like that happens.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanthro wrote: »

Many people, including me, have gotten the "You can't currently swap weapons" bug.
    It can happen at any time, even after death. You die, you spawn, weapons can't swap. You can be in the middle of combat, go to swap weapons and nothing happens.

Never seen that one. In my world it's all working well. Good luck.