Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Restoration Staff Weapon Damage

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I know that weapon damage is supposed to be how much damage done with any skill in the weapon skill lines. That staves light/heavy attacks are governed by stamina (slight increase in dmg). That spells are anything NOT in the weapon trees and magicka slightly increases the dmg/healing of spells.

Does weapon damage increase the healing of the resto staff weapon skills? It says "damage" in the tooltip which is where my confusion is originating.

A guild-mate and I were discussing which weapon enchants would be good for a resto staff. I "tested" out the +power proc one and found that it increases the weapon damage stat when it procs, but this is not very useful unless it is also increasing the healing of the resto staff weapon skills. (we decided that absorb magicka may be the only viable enchant for "healing" until we know more details)

• Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess, though it really is just a guess, that weapon damage does not influence heals,.since you can only attack targets with the weapon directly and healing is sort of indirect. I guess what influences healing is the level of the skill, your level and I think also the level of the "collective" skills in general. (eg I think the amount healed by a restoration staff spell depends on the skill level of the spell, your level and the level of restoration staff, same goes for class specific spells).

Although I might be wrong :P
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
    Options
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    Well, heavy attacks by resto staves restore magicka, so you might consider that increasing healing because you can heal more. :#
    Options
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Well a quick way to be able to tell would be to equip the highest damage weapon you can and then the lowest and compare the numbers listed on the skill when each are equipped.

Cas
    Options
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    resto staff weapon damage affect healing value as well as shield value... tested with surge (sorcerer ability that largely increase weapon damage)

the actual formula to calculate the effect of weapon skill (both damaging and healing) is something like:

[(max magika / 20) + (weapon damage / 1,9)] * skill coefficent

where skill coefficent is a value dependant on the skill... for example grand healing and relative morphs have a skill coefficent of 0,6 for each tick (additinal rank add 1% efficency per rank except morph rank 1 that doesn't add efficency but the new effect of the morph)

this is a formula extracted by otherplayers due to long testing during beta
    Options
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Comaetilico said, weapon damage does affect it. It should really be referred to as weapon power, but I digress.
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah a formula:) Thank you so much!
    Options
  • Oluthon
    Oluthon
    ✭✭
    Does Weapon Critical affect the healing abilities of a restoration staff as well? The tooltip for that says "physical attacks", but if the restoration staff is affected by Weapon Damage I would assume that Weapon Critical does, as well.

If that is the case, then we (Restoration Sorcerers) need some sets with Weapon Damage/Critical and Magicka, and without Spell Damage or Stamina in there!
    Options
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oluthon wrote: »
    Does Weapon Critical affect the healing abilities of a restoration staff as well? The tooltip for that says "physical attacks", but if the restoration staff is affected by Weapon Damage I would assume that Weapon Critical does, as well.

If that is the case, then we (Restoration Sorcerers) need some sets with Weapon Damage/Critical and Magicka, and without Spell Damage or Stamina in there!

No. You can't use logic to determine how things should work in ESO. You're going to confuse yourself if you keep thinking like this.

Venture in to one of many NB threads and you'll see how things like this are actually working. Many of the NB skills use Weapon Crit, but scale off Magicka and Spell Power. This is why some of the builds are so out of whack and why light armor is still the best way to go for most builds.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    magicka slightly increases the dmg/healing of spells.

Mana is a Multiplier, so it has a bigger effect than you think. See this:
    Put simply its this.

Base Ability Damage = (a/b + c*d)

a = Max Magicka
    b = Max Magicka required for 1 damage gain.
    c = Spell Damage
    d = Spell Damage needed for 1 damage gain.

Then passives and other boost are added after this. An example is Cycle of Life from the Restoration staff. This adds 10% damage.

Base Ability Damage * (1.10) = New damage based on 10% addition damage.

If a player has multiple sources of increased damage then its
    Base Ability Damage * (all increase damage added together) = new damage.

Max Magicka required for 1 damage gain is not the same across all abilities. Heals work the same way.
    Example:
    Grand Healing requires 30.70 Max Magicka increase to add +1 base heal.
    Blessing of Protection requires 12.70 Max Magicka increase to add +1 base heal.

Spell and weapon damage works the same way. I have not updated my spell damage table recently so will use Weapon Damage as an example instead.

Example:
    Grand Healing requires 0.31 Weapon Damage for +1 base heal.
    Blessing of Protection requires 0.80 Weapon Damage for +1 base heal.

Spell damage for class abilities work the same way.
    IE: Crystal Fragment will require different Spell Damage and Max magicka to increase its damage by 1 then Endless Fury would.

The above is one reason why Stamina builds will never be as viable as Magicka builds. Max Magicka has a big effect on the classes abilities and if going a Max Stamina route then all the players class abilities will suffer greatly.

The numbers seem low but they quickly add up.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Shizashane
    Shizashane
    ✭✭✭
    The NB for me so far has been the most confusing class to set up with the resto/siphon build. Iv respected 3 times and reset attribute points 2 times but I think I finally got the build somewhat right this last respect as I completely took out my DW and just stuck with resto which freed up points for Shadow. I am unfortunately using med armor so after reading this, I know I need to put some magika enchants on all my armor to balance things a bit. My attribute points are 24/5/20
    "Sound the charge, into glory ride! 10,000 side by side"
    Options