The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why are we allowed to put forward camps in our own keeps?

Elyna
Elyna
✭✭✭✭
It defeats the whole purpose of losing resources. Being under attack is supposed to prevent enemies from re spawning in the keep. Seeing how thats how the game treats attacks.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it makes it cost resources (for the camps), not "defeats the whole purpose". There's a difference.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then what else are we going to spend our ap on? The gear that will change in 2 weeks?
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    No, it makes it cost resources (for the camps), not "defeats the whole purpose". There's a difference.
    No. The point of being under attack is pressure. If you throw down a camp, that pressure is gone. And it turns into a war of attrition. I remember back in beta before people did this, being attacked in a keep was pretty intense. And killing an enemy while attacking a keep meant something.
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elyna wrote: »
    seanolan wrote: »
    No. The point of being under attack is pressure. If you throw down a camp, that pressure is gone. And it turns into a war of attrition. I remember back in beta before people did this, being attacked in a keep was pretty intense. And killing an enemy while attacking a keep meant something.

That was before ZoS "fixed" the camps. I liked them when they where broken.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the only reason this wasn't done in beta was the sheer bugginess of forward camps in general, your point is not a valid one. You have arbitrarily decided what "the point" of being under attack is...and obviously many disagree with you. Since nothing limits use of camps within a keep, obviously among those disagreeing with you are the developers. Making your argument moot.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In beta I plopped camps inside keeps all the time.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same could be said for a siege that uses forward camps. An army depending heavily on a supply line in order to maintain a siege. If the people outside a keep can have their replacement troops spawn right outside a keep, those inside the keep should be able to do the same.
    Edited by Ackwalan on August 30, 2014 3:54AM
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    Patrol the inner courtyard and burn them.
  • Iradicus
    Iradicus
    ✭✭
    While i see problems with camps inside the walls of a castle, i also understand why its allowed, the attacking force can keep getting reinforced non stop (even when far behind enemy lines) while the defenders would not be able to properly defend their keep.

I have been in quite a few sieges that were a pickle, full groups defended and kept their camp up inside. We eventually won some of these when we breached their wall on 2 sides and cleared the outer walls.
    Im usualy a nightblade ansd i always check the other side of the keep for camps.

I am more worried about being outnumbered or being ou the side that owns the whole map then placing camps inside keeps. Tactics work well if you think about how to handle it.

Ofcourse the problem with most groups ive seen is the randoms, they dont listen to groupleaders, run off on their own etc. Its usually impossible to take a well defended keep with a raid of randoms.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dbishop wrote: »
    Or just use trebuchets and lob crap over their walls. Forward camps are incredibly susceptible to siege equipment.

Edited by Lava_Croft on August 30, 2014 2:40PM
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In beta I plopped camps inside keeps all the time.

Everyone did. And defenders often waited until one bugged before they were able to take the keep.

Ah the fun times of screaming at people to NOT burn the bugged camps. :)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbishop wrote: »

This is absolutely necessary. The problem I see is that unless you have overwhelming numbers, it's like playing whack a mole.

You burn a camp on one side and another one pops up - and then INSTANTLY spawns 20 people.

IMO there should be a timer (20-30 seconds?) between when a camp is placed and when people can rez at it.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be just silly lols.

If people atcking can keep comming forever because they get a camp , so must the deffense , otherwise it is quite obvious which side will win most of the time.

Doesnt matter if you had equal numbers , one side can just ress any amount of times they want , the other cant.

Either remove the option for both or let both have it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One things for sure.. the game was 100x better when FCs were bugged. Therefore, delete them.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elyna wrote: »
    It defeats the whole purpose of losing resources. Being under attack is supposed to prevent enemies from re spawning in the keep. Seeing how thats how the game treats attacks.

Not sure why they have not fixed this?... makes me think pvp is really the last thing in their minds....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    The same could be said for a siege that uses forward camps. An army depending heavily on a supply line in order to maintain a siege. If the people outside a keep can have their replacement troops spawn right outside a keep, those inside the keep should be able to do the same.

Correct.

-1 for the horse riding sim.
    +1 for keeping FC's as is.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delete forward camps and give castles a first warning at like 90% so you know they are under siege and are still able to port in. Then at 50% all you get to def is who ever ported. Since camps are gone, neither force can rez in the area or blood port to generate false numbers. My guildies talk about this system in DAOC.
    Edited by dcincali on August 31, 2014 1:18AM