Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't Argonians breath underwater?

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rift has underwater content as well
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Earthwardzilvox_ESO
    How was the first response to this not: "because you can't go underwater." There's nothing else to it. The devs didn't add a racial that can't be used in this game, and instead gave us swim speed.
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, the ability ro dive under water serves no purpose at the moment and I don't think it has ever served any purpose in previous TES games other than exploration and searching for underwater chests and exploring sunken ships, and for that reason, I am all for and in favor of adding the ability to dive IF underwater exploration content is added, like above, searching for treasure chests, or under water alchemical and food crafting ingredients.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • dolphinwigs
    dolphinwigs
    Soul Shriven
    Argonians are meant to breathe underwater with no time limit! That way they are king's of the sea and can go where no one else can (without magic or breathing potions of course...). B)

I think they'll add underwater content. It would be foolish not to. It would open up a lot of room for new content if you could go underwater. It always changes the dynamics of RPG's in a good way I feel. Plus, if someone doesn't like underwater combat then they don't have to go underwater. Also I think that you can have areas underwater that don't involve underwater combat. You can swim to a sunken ship with air trapped inside to explore, or find an underwater cave that is full of air, etc...This game's massive already and is only getting bigger. I WANT SEA MONSTERS AND PIRATE SHIP BATTLES! o.O >:)
    Edited by dolphinwigs on July 12, 2014 2:23AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonians are meant to breathe underwater with no time limit! That way they are king's of the sea and can go where no one else can (without magic or breathing potions of course...). B)

Technically speaking that was a game mechanic, lorewise the argonians can hold their breath for huge periods of time, but can still drown (theoretically). In game books in the earlier games always referred to them being able to hold their breath, not breath water.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Koshchei
    Koshchei
    ✭✭
    Argonians have lungs.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do most reptiles that live primarily on land breath under water? No. Even crocs can't breath under water and they live in it 90+% of the time.

Why should Argonians? It makes painfully little sense.

Hold breath longer? Sure.

Swimming under water isn't even in game so I am not sure why this is even asked.
    Edited by Tamanous on July 29, 2014 7:07PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    would be cool if argonians had a "camouflage" passive that made them more stealthy when swimming. hopefully, if they add underwater content, argonians will get some good bonuses in it.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To breathe under water you need to be able to get under water
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwater maneuvering worked very nicely in DDO (although it was not exactly realistic)
    I'd love some diving action
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!