The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

faction/race/apperance change easy money

DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
Please add these features its easy money, i would pay to change im sure others would too
  • Humor
    Humor
    ✭✭✭
    By the time that actually makes it into the game, you could have re-leveled a character to the exact same level you are now.

The only foreseeable future I can see race change/name change/ any cash option. Is when Zenimax feels like they're losing enough money, or not making enough, that they will add in a Microstransaction shop to ESO, which I'm sure will deter more than a few people from the game, and or, they make ESO free period, which will deter even more people than a simple cash shop (Microtransactions).

And when they decide to throw in microtransactions, they're probably going to end up adding in quite a few more options than just race change, name change, and appearance change.

Of course, that's my opinion.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Barber shop, since you k now we pay a sub. It should be allowed in a barber shop not real money.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barber shop, since you k now we pay a sub. It should be allowed in a barber shop not real money.

Agree with this one.

Atmost they can ask for name/race/class changes. They better not charge us to change our looks when they add it in the game.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather see faction change offered in game as a quest/story driven option. Give the player a REAL reason to want to defect to another side (e.g. the player sees men of their own faction slaughtering innocents, and a rival group comes in to stop them -- offers a choice).

I don't mind some real money upgrades, but they have to be worthwhile and -- at most -- cosmetic. But I'd prefer they be exceedingly limited. I think the way ESO's doing real cash transactions right now is great. They're offering clothing, plush critters (with in-game codes), books, poster and prints. They're incentivizing the marketplace with tangible goods catered to fans and people who want to support the game and get more from it.

Hence why I've got no issue throwing down $20 for a guar.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I'd rather see faction change offered in game as a quest/story driven option. Give the player a REAL reason to want to defect to another side (e.g. the player sees men of their own faction slaughtering innocents, and a rival group comes in to stop them -- offers a choice).

I don't mind some real money upgrades, but they have to be worthwhile and -- at most -- cosmetic. But I'd prefer they be exceedingly limited. I think the way ESO's doing real cash transactions right now is great. They're offering clothing, plush critters (with in-game codes), books, poster and prints. They're incentivizing the marketplace with tangible goods catered to fans and people who want to support the game and get more from it.

Hence why I've got no issue throwing down $20 for a guar.

I'd pay money to NOT be on any faction, or work exclusively for the Thieves/Dark Brotherhood/[insert naughty guild here]
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Reiterpallasch
    Reiterpallasch
    ✭✭✭
    You mean you want them to get with the times and offer things that are commonplace in modern MMOs? Good luck with that.

I would love having these options, but you're likely going to run into people that don't want someone else to have them because uh... well, there are no good reasons but they'll come up with them anyways, because @#$% someone else being happy when it has no negative impact on anyone else right?

Must be one hell of a barber if they're able to give you a race/sex change along with haircuts.
    Humor wrote: »
    By the time that actually makes it into the game, you could have re-leveled a character to the exact same level you are now.

Could you also have maxed out your crafts again, done all of your quests, gotten all of your achievements, rebought daedric/primal/ancient elf motifs etc?
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    My point was so we dint have to lvl another alt with all achiements/collections ect thought that was kinda obvious, with in game currency too that's a good idea, and by the way a game doesn't have to be dead to offer race/faction change ect look at wow for example, really dnt think some people think before they speak, just rage...get help lol
  • Necronomicon
    Necronomicon
    ✭✭✭
    Apperance change would be lovely :)
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    Please add these features its easy money, i would pay to change im sure others would too

Speak for yourself. We are already paying. Why are you wiling to pay more? Lol. Because of ppl like you games nowadays are money greedy. Im not saying Eso is so dont turn it.
    Edited by AreoHotah on August 1, 2014 4:59AM
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they have to put something on the store, let it be sex/name change or something, I'd rather have an NPC where you pay gold to change your characters appearance. It's kinda sad that the game didn't ship with that feature. Hopefully it's gonna get added at some point, besides, the game could use a few decent gold sinks.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apperance change yes,
    race/faction change no
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Zarman
    Zarman
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Zarman on August 27, 2014 10:08AM
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zarman wrote: »

People really need to learn how to use the search feature for sure.

I can see appearance / name changes being a thing but faction changes seems extremely tricky to implement given the current Cadwell's silver / gold system and whatnot. I'm personally against a race change.. the racials aren't game breaking and re-rolling is always an option (I've personally deleted several rank 1s before settling on an Altmer Sorcerer, but that's just me).
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zarman wrote: »
    Yeah, well, this is the newest one. Might as well stop policing the forums and share your thoughts. To be honest, I'm surprised it's not being asked more often, that is with ESO having such nice graphics and a rather robust character customization tool.