The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spell NOT Animating

Elf_Boy
Elf_Boy
✭✭✭
The 3rd detro staff spell, X- Shock (frost, lightning, fire) does not animate or draw anything when I use it. I just point and the target seems to take damage.

This was for un-morphed and now morphed versions.

I have watched other players use it and saw the animation at Dolems, I have other characters that have used it and had the animation.

Whats uP?
Edited by Elf_Boy on July 11, 2014 12:52AM
** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • kiilerjason55
    kiilerjason55
    Soul Shriven
    Same with my healing effect.
    youtube.com/watch?v=NxxpKLl_JQc
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Same with my healing effect.
    youtube.com/watch?v=NxxpKLl_JQc

I have only used a healing stick a few times. I thought that was normal at the beginning. Guess not.

Anyone have thoughts on how to fix this?
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    The black feather court whistle is also broken, at least for the one character I have that tried to use it.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid regeneration (Healing staff) also no longer animates a sparkly effect on any character I hit. I have \bugged it.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    I could Hope I suppose to see this on a known issues page somewhere. I understand that missing animations are not the same urgency as many or most of the other problems. What is even weirder is that I have watched other players use the same abilities and watched them animate while my dunmer mage still gets nothing - if I didnt have a cloud add-on I wouldnt even know it was dealing damage.

I have now tried open gl and dx 9 as well as the default dx 11. All the same. Other characters of my own can get animations. Something very quirky about this.

Does anyone else have any spells or abilities not animating?
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try to disable AA.

I know from SWTOR that it caused issues with displaying effects.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Still a problem. Hoping a fix is inbound :)
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Same here, but works fine on my other characters, i just chumps saying its my pc
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this is not still a problem for you? It was listed as fixed in the last big patch and both my peoples with the spell are now animating correctly.

What are your specs? Have you tried a repair of the game and a clean gpu driver install?