The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Fungal Grotto: Undaunted ; Killing "Vila Theran" for Achievment...

Cadderly_Malfur
So we killed the Spindleclutch Vamp for Achievment and though, hey lets try the others. After we did Banished and didnt get the achievment...(yep bugged) we went to try Fungal. Well... First:
We werent capable of killing her, best we had was 3%.

Now what we came up so far: (including all "general" infos, for ppl attempting her the first time :) )

She begins the fight right after you talk to the quest npc (or without a quest: when she is pullsed)

She has 2 signature Abilities and hits quite hard ranged with a spellstaff.

First she will just attack normally and after about 5-10 sec. go into her first ability phase. She will then randomly teleport to 3 different players and leave a black , expanding, damaging area on the floor. So standing all together is a wise idea, cause these area get quite big and do a lot of dmg. The black areas will despawn before she jumps again, but it can actually prevent any melee from actually damaging her! So bring ranged attacks. I call this "teleport phase"

She will then go on with auto attacks and after aprox. 15-20 sec. go into her ability second phase. She will raise her staff and blue flames will spring up around her. Soon afterwards , blue rays will hit each player. These rays can be avoided or cleansed by going into the barrier around the shrine. The rays can deal a massive amount of damage in a very short time (aprox. 3 sec) but the animation can hold longer than the damage effect! The effect can not be blocked and she cant be interrupted. I call this "fire phase"

She will then repeat these phases until the end of the fight.

now since we are talkin about doing it with the achievment, so without cleansing, here are our observations:

1. She sometimes skips the fire phase and immediatly does a second teleport phase: We werent able to determin if thats triggerd or bugged!
2. Fire phase: The damage is very inconsistent. Sometimes its very high (dealing about 3,5 k dmg to an char with 1700 spell res) and sometimes its nothing even worth emntioning. We assume that it has either a random factor, a bug or that its depending on range or damage taken since the last phase or something alike. Nothing consistent was found after 10 trys. (i know, not all too many for secure data...but thats why i am writing here)
3. Sometimes her animation (and aparantly damage) does not apply to single players. It looked like others could block the line of sight when she casts it at first, but we couldnt confirm this. so maybe its just bugged sometimes.
4. We countered her damage with boneshield procs, which worked nice, though we had the feeling, that the dmg she does with her fire phase increases with each time she actually fires it, making it a damage race.

So thats what we came up so far. would love to hear anyone doin the achievment or findin t least the excat mechanic how she works... oh btw we were: melee tank dk vt4, templar vet4 healer, sorc vet 6 spell damage and templar vet4 bow dmg
In Deneirs name
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    I did this achievement a couple of times with PUG's and found it rather easy.
    In fact the first time, we did it by accident, since the PUG did not know how to dispel the beams :smile:

As a NB tank i noticed i can not keep melee, so i switched to my utility/heal resto staff second set. I have the group life leech, resto staff siphoning, the ae heal sloted, along with my usual leeching strikes and ranged undaunted taunt.
    All we did was avoid the black puddels, while staying together for ae heals and i just became a second healer with a taunt.

Thats it basically.

The other times i just switched the resto siphoning for regen, since its more heal per magicka. I only noticed that on the other kills, we took a little longer and it became harder in the end to find a free spot.

I don't think its a dps race, just add more healing and take your time.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 6, 2014 12:34PM
  • Cadderly_Malfur
    we did, the fire phase just randomly spiked so high/fast that it wasnt possible anymore to outheal it.
    In Deneirs name
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    we did, the fire phase just randomly spiked so high/fast that it wasnt possible anymore to outheal it.

mhh, no clue really. We did not use bone-shield or any special trick. I can only say i did what i always do and stacked like 3-4 "Illustrious Healing", but i actually hardly noticed those "spikes" u speak of. Maybe the other healer also used some super "heal" (templar ulti), but cant remember.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 6, 2014 1:18PM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a very difficult achievement.

To call it "easy" is doing a grave injustice to your healers.

It's easy on the non healers part, sure. Run together, stop in the same spot and do some ranged dps.

The healers need to be on top of their game tho, tossing a ton of heals at a very rapid pace with precise timing.

We did it with 2 sorcere healers, ranged dk and myself - templar tank. We were about VR5 ish iirc.

Strat:
    Stand together near the bed. Range only, wait for 3 teleports ( she ports to each member once, creating a black hole, so if you stack up, they dont cover as much area). The run to position 2 - which is about where she starts.

The two sorc healers together weren't always enough to heal through the damage, so I helped too by loading: Ritual of rebirth - templar group heal, not as effecient as resto staff, but best I had. Inner fire for a ranged taunt, tho I found it unnecessary, as long as I used pierce armor right after she teleported (and that upd our dps too)

Just a slow and steady heavy heal check, which requires a bit of group coordination.

Definitively not easy. Requires very strong healers on their game. But I can see how some puggers can just ignore that and just aassume it was easy because they happened to get lucky and get in a group with such healers.

There is some bug/exploit where you can move her out of her intended room, which makes it a lot easier, allowing you to have a lot more room to move around and make huge mistakes. Maybe some pugs do it that way. Personally im not sure what triggers that.

In fact the last time we went to fight her, she simply was not evne there. No idea why not. I'm thinking because none of us had the quest. So you may actually only get 1 shot at this (per party member on quest).
    Edited by Axer on June 30, 2014 10:40AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Cadderly_Malfur
    If u dont have the quest, u still got to take the obsidian husk with you, or it wont start. anyway. we did it recently with 2 healers and boneshield. for that matters: i am not sure if it is not "true damage" so if spellresistence really reduces it.

anyway boneshield (from the tank, since he survived it easier) and a templar healer + sorc healer [switched to dmg in the non fire phases] made it possible. it still was close AND strange. while in some fire phases the 2 of us + boneshield were barly enough to keep everyone alive, in other phases it didnt even burn the boneshield! so i actually assume that there IS a bug, where it shows only the animation but doesnt actually fire the skill! anyway, gonna write a tacticguide for all 3 "low" vet dungeons here in the forums, might help others doing it first time :)
    In Deneirs name
  • Nazarar
    Nazarar
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, must be glitched or something since most recent patch. Attempted above, and she just negates all spell resistance. On top of that, she will randomly go teleport/fire/fire/teleport/fire. And if that wasn't enough, as soon as she finishes teleporting, she starts fire phase. There is no leeway to recover magicka or pick up teammates who drop currently. The last round we did, we only got her to 70% health. Her staffcast hits for 800 every 1.5 seconds. So, if your healers are not throwing out huge heals constantly. Without good DPS to burn her down, you magicka burn too quickly even if you have good healers.

All around, this is a tough fight which I'll have to attempt another day.
    (Group was Vet4 Templar healer, Vet4 Sorc Healer/DPS, Vet4 Templar Tank, Vet4 NB DPS.)
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    At VR4 Nazaar, it's not so much about how good your 2 healers are, it's is the tank and NB even contributing during the burn phase?

All 4 should go healing during that phase, then all 4 should go dps during the other phase, to have a good shot. I'm betting that didnt happen.

Thought at V10-12, we've managed it with just 1 healer. Can get a lot stronger at healing once your figure the game out more.

re: Cadderly:
    Boneshield sucks pretty bad. It only applies the synergy to 3 players, so the person who actaully casts it gets screwed over, as it only adds armor for them, not SR.

and yea like many things in this game, it is bugged.

The animation goes off almots constantly after the first time she does it, but it only deals damage during the proper phase, about 6 seconds, then she just does light attacks for a bit, then teleports 3x. Pretty simple patern.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • darksaviour74
    darksaviour74
    Soul Shriven
    when the fight starts we run to the cave entrance behind the boss.
    We stack up at the cave entrance and wait till she casts the black circles on the floor.
    When she does this you all run to the other side of the cave .
    When she casts the blue beams on us , i heal through everyone through it whilst the other 3 dps the boss.
    We then rinse and repeat till boss is dead .
    Simples B)
  • Dovhakiin
    Dovhakiin
    ✭✭
    Thanks a lot for this guide,it helped me a lot with my pugs teammates...they learnt a lot in their way as well as healing ,and kiting...