The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Puncturing Strikes, morphs advice.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
I can't choose between Puncturing Sweeps and Biting Jabs.

I use Light Armor, Binding Javelin, Puncturing Strikes, Topling Charge, Immovable and Breath of Life. Which morph of Puncturing Strikes would you choose for such a build?

Healing 40% of damage done with my main (and only) damage ability, seems like a bloody good deal, but 70% crit chance against low health enemies sounds quite nice as well, so I am at a loss.
Edited by Zsymon on August 21, 2014 12:15PM

Best Answers

• ppotoczneb17_ESO
    ppotoczneb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I would suggest biting jabs as you already have heal in your bar Breath of Life.
    I personally use puncturing sweep instead of heal spell for DPS bar.
    Answer ✓
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would go Puncturing. The Heal is amazing for soloing just about anything.
    Edited by Pmarsico9 on August 21, 2014 4:27PM
    Answer ✓
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing strikes and its morph actually scale their damage off of magicka and their crit chance off of weapon crit. Furthermore, they target armor rating and not spell resistance.

In my opinion biting jabs is a little bit better. At least in PvP.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
    Answer ✓
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    Puncturing strikes and its morph actually scale their damage off of magicka and their crit chance off of weapon crit. Furthermore, they target armor rating and not spell resistance.

In my opinion biting jabs is a little bit better. At least in PvP.

I always reverse this. Yes, this is correct.
    Answer ✓
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO Puncturing Sweep's self-heal is too good to pass up. By the time Biting Jab's bonus comes into play your enemies are almost dead anyway, I prefer something that will help me outlast strong opponents as opposed to something that lets me finish off opponents who've already lost.
    Answer ✓