The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's is the history of the name of your character ? o.O`` ?

Azina
Azina
Soul Shriven
So your character have an history ? Have been with the game or it's another history in your mind ? How is these history.Everybody tells your character history name or the his/her history ^^
Edited by Azina on August 18, 2014 7:30PM
  • Stranglehands
    Stranglehands
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the names of my chars are pretty perfunctory, but i've got an altmer called Eoenselende'srenhryas Eis, which is an idea I basically stole from Ursula K. Le Guin - in her Hainish cycle, people from the planet Hain have names like "Entselenne 'temharyonoterregwis Leaf" because they contain their whole thousands-of-years-long lineage in a very linguistically dense form, or something like that. The Hainish are obsessed with their ancestors but in a completely different way to the altmer.
    Her name means "the-crying-unshed-un-rays-successor-to-the-74th-harmonic-flower-arranger Eis" because her ancestor in the stars was the 74th temple flower arranger. Accordingly she is a gardener of mobs with her aedric spear

On the other hand my sorcerer is called Blanchette because she's a breton with white hair. Sometimes the mood takes me and sometimes it doesn't
    .kcoR gnillaF si noitadnuoF esohw ETIYREP oT
  • Shaarizad
    Shaarizad
    ✭✭
    My high elf main is named Cirasil, which is Aldmeris for Amber Light, after his amber eyes and golden spirit. I use Hrafnir's Languages a lot for naming characters, because although much of it isn't canon as such, it is very well thought out and really enriches the world in my opinion.
  • Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    By the divines, you know not what you have asked!

My main character in all my Elder Scrolls games is named Marola. She always has red hair and usually green eyes. When possible, I try to make them blue-green.
    Marola first came into being on August 11, 2008, and was the second character I made on a role-play site based off Christopher Paolini's Inheritance cycle.

http://argetlam01.proboards.com/thread/86/marola

Marola quickly became my most developed character on the site, and one of my favorites. She's made me laugh, she's made me cry, she's made me want to tear my hair out. She is still an active character, although the site is now mainly focusing on the next generation, including her five children. (I'm going to let y'all know, she still hates me for that. lol)

After that, I went into writing a couple of books. I knew from how attached to her I became that she had to be in them. In the first book, she is only mentioned, and not even by name. However, for anyone familiar with her history on the forementioned site, it is easy to guess who she is. In the sequel, she becomes a major supporting character. (I'm still working on these books. The first one is going through some major rewrites, and I haven't finished the first draft of the second.)

Jump forward in time about four years. I start up my Let's Play channel on YouTube, and the first game I decide to play just so happens to be The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. About halfway through the character creation, I firmly decide to name her Marola. We had many grand adventures until the game decided to temporarily explode, but we will have many more adventures once I finish fixing it, which should be soon.

Now to April 2014, the launch of ESO. Of course, I record this game as well. And I name my character Marola Eponine. I chose to give her a second name because I knew there was the possibility that someone had already snagged just "Marola." I chose Eponine because she's a Breton, and many Bretons have French-inspired name. And during the three days that I took downloading and installing the game, (curse you, university wifi!) I watched Les Miserables, where my favorite character has that name.

And that is the abridged history of my main character's name. Do me a favor and don't ask me about Fira Estelle. That story is just as long and even more convoluted. :P