The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Customization

FlintNo1
FlintNo1
✭✭
I'm hoping that in a future update we will be able to edit our character appearance maybe for X amount of gold almost like in Skyrim's Ratway with the face sculptor, I tend to get bored with my character's look rather quickly however It's a lot of work building them to a decent level and repeating all the quests especially if you've already done them once before in beta.
Edited by FlintNo1 on April 4, 2014 2:34AM
  • frozin
    frozin
    I agree, I believe they'll implement something of this sort in the future to edit your appearance. I didn't add any body art, but I'm sure there's a tattooist around Tamriel somewhere. (at least I hope)
    Options
  • Twistedt
    Twistedt
    Soul Shriven
    I am hopeful that they give some exception to the 5 day head start folks to work on their character appearances as the zoom features weren't working. It was super difficult to sculpt my facial and other bodily appearances without being able to zoom.
    TwistedT
    Elf Sorcerer
    Options
  • FlintNo1
    FlintNo1
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see that too with tattoo's and piercings not one or the other that would be awesome also maybe a few more hairstyles, I only had the 3 day head start and the zoom feature still wasn't working crazy because in the beta testing it worked really well so I don't feel like I got the level of detail in my final character that I had in the beta.
    Options
  • begothprincessb14_ESO
    I really hope they add a barber Shop, where you can change your hair style, adornment, and maybe even body markings.
    Also, @Twistedt:
    I was able to zoom, what you had to do was create one character and then when you went to create a second one you were able to zoom.
    Options
  • FlintNo1
    FlintNo1
    ✭✭
    Yeah I think as time goes on more and more people will want to change their appearance as your play style evolves I think you want your character to reflect that.
    Options
  • Twistedt
    Twistedt
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope they add a barber Shop, where you can change your hair style, adornment, and maybe even body markings.
    Also, @Twistedt:
    I was able to zoom, what you had to do was create one character and then when you went to create a second one you were able to zoom.

Interesting... Well, that is super tricky :p
    TwistedT
    Elf Sorcerer
    Options
  • jadeappleb16_ESO
    I hope something will be add as well. I like to be able to change up head adornments and hairstyles as my moods change. Sometimes I love some sort of face marking and sometimes I don't. Without the ability to change things up in game I end up making my characters without any of this stuff as I know I won't like those earring or that face tattoo forever and ever and it would drive me nutty if I did. My characters would be way more interesting if I knew I could change it at some point. Even if I knew something was eventually coming it would change how I create them.
    Options
  • FlintNo1
    FlintNo1
    ✭✭
    I absolutely agree @jadeappleb16_ESO I would be way more adventurous with my characters if I wasn't put off by being suck with something I'd hate after a little while, Surely its about being creative and having fun too?
    Options
  • PixelNo1
    PixelNo1
    ✭✭
    I agree, I think most people rushed their character's to play the game and start levelling up and are now unhappy with how they look or just want to be more creative but don't want to re-begin from the start, I'd like to see an in game barber to change your hairstyle and beard for gold , Also when crafting the option to change the colour of you're armor using cloths dyes found and crafted in game, I think it would make characters more unique.
    Options
  • Anarayne_Cruor
    I"m hoping this is added soon as well. I agree...being there was the "zoom in" issue which caused me not to be able to "see" the fine details for my character's creation. Also, after a while, seeing the same look for my character does make me want to be able to change her, not only to change things about her, but for roleplaying purposes different looks may fit a certain situation. Please...please...add some type of way that customers can change their character's appearance.
    Options
  • vicci3434
    vicci3434
    Yes please make a way for us to edit the way our character looks. I made my character and did not put a lot of time in the way she looked merely because I was testing the class and skills. I fell in love with it and before I knew it she was nearly max level and I dont want to restart my quest line after doing it in both beta and the opening week. Please, Please! Make a way for us to edit. I wouldnt mind paying a bit of gold or doing a quest for it, just as long as I am able to change my appearance when I earn the money for it. BTW THANK YOU for letting us respect our skill points and att. points, I don't know where I would be without these features.
    Options
  • ShadowWolf81b14a_ESO
    FlintNo1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that in a future update we will be able to edit our character appearance maybe for X amount of gold almost like in Skyrim's Ratway with the face sculptor, I tend to get bored with my character's look rather quickly however It's a lot of work building them to a decent level and repeating all the quests especially if you've already done them once before in beta.

No idea just how old this post is.. but i did find this:
    As the constantly changing person as I am, I tend to always want to change hairstyles on my characters in-game after a little while to make it match a certain armor, or the likes. So, my question is: will it be possible to change your hairstyle or other appearances (like tattoos) in-game after you have created your character? - Therese Ström

For the initial release of the game, you’ll only be able to select hairstyle and adornment choices in the character creation screen at the beginning of the game. We hope to provide enough options to allow you to create a unique avatar. But we feel the same as you—over time, players want to change their appearance as they develop their characters, so we do have plans to release additional hairstyles, tattoos, adornments, etc. in post-launch content updates.

Here: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2013/11/04/ask-us-anything-variety-pack-10

Granted, that post was made back in November of last year.... so hopefully its still on the table of things to be added to the game. I for one am one of the people who couldnt zoom in durring initial character creation.. so my character looks a tad 'older' than i'd have liked.

Would like to find a npc that'll let me 'change my apperance' like the ones in the Thieves guild in Skyrim, and wherever the one in Oblivion was.. would let you =)
    Options
  • Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    ✭✭

Here: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2013/11/04/ask-us-anything-variety-pack-10

Granted, that post was made back in November of last year.... so hopefully its still on the table of things to be added to the game. I for one am one of the people who couldnt zoom in durring initial character creation.. so my character looks a tad 'older' than i'd have liked.

Would like to find a npc that'll let me 'change my apperance' like the ones in the Thieves guild in Skyrim, and wherever the one in Oblivion was.. would let you =)

I am hoping something like that will be added into the game, given that if they still have intentions of adding additional Character creation selections; we would really love to be able to have the option to re-edit our Characters. :)

I felt like i should have held out for a little while when early-access first started because i also was victimized by the evil-absence of the "Zoom-in" feature. XD; My Imperial looks so mean and full of malice. :|

Options
  • Kie
    Kie
    I'm very much hoping they add functionality for a full appearance editor, like the one at character creation, either in-game, or from the character selection screen. I want more than just being able to change hair or tattoos. I get so obsessive about how my characters look that I will delete them over some minor thing once it starts bugging me. Right now I'm probably going to delete my level 16 vampire because it bugs me that she has no visible eyebrows now that she has white skin (she has white hair), even though it took me days to level her and probably an hour alone to do the vampire quest when she was level 14. I don't know whether to keep her in the vague hope of something like this coming soon, or just get on with repeating everything which a character I will enjoy more :(

On a related note, I'd love to be able to choose eyebrow colour and hair colour independly of eachother.
    Options
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah really hope they add an appearance edit option. One: Because its hard to tell how your character is going to look in game, when you first start out, and Two: It is nice for character development, and those of us that get tired of a character's appearance after a while.
    Artists and Theives...
    Options
  • NathanKross
    I, for one, would be shocked if this was not eventually added to the game.
    Options
  • ken.otwellb14_ESO
    I agree completely - the character creation result always looks a bit different in the real game plus after playing a bit there is always a tweak here or there you would just love to do - maybe just a hairstyle. Obviously there's no game-balance reason why we couldn't do this - why is it not a feature? Why not let us edit our character appearance?
    Options
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree completely - the character creation result always looks a bit different in the real game plus after playing a bit there is always a tweak here or there you would just love to do - maybe just a hairstyle. Obviously there's no game-balance reason why we couldn't do this - why is it not a feature? Why not let us edit our character appearance?
    I see the dark art of Necromancy is still strong on this forum :smile:

The reason it is not around yet is that they lacked a working, ingame preview system (the one at creation is a totally different kind of shoe). You cannot make a ingame Character Editor without a ingame preview and that is more difficulty then it might sound.

Actually there some news on the matter. With the implementation of the dye system, a first preview system has been integrated. The dye preview is a first and important step, but still only a step on the way.

Next they will propably make gear preview (you can look how stuff would look on your character based on item links or similar data).

Changing Character appereance would be the last step, as that is the most complex preview system. And "different gear" preview needs to be ready before it, in order to view the character as in the creation screen (like without gear).
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
    Options