The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Good Enchanting levelling guide?

Fleymark
Fleymark
✭✭✭✭✭
As was suggested in a recent thread, I've been deconning dropped glyphs on two characters so that they can trade glyphs for decon. Main had gotten to 10 before I decided to do it on an alt instead, and that one is getting there. I don't mind doing it in the main also because there are achievements and want everything on that toon (although I find it odd that the only crafting achievements are for enchanting) and he's going to be respeccing soon any way, so doing it on two toons kind of works out. It's worth noting that I've kept every rune I've found since starting.

I'm at a bit of a loss about when to stop just deconning drops and start making them and trading for decon.

Also, is there anything in particular I should be making? Just make anything I can, half on one half on the other?

Is there a particularly good guide for this? I'm a total noob to enchanting.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting levels slowly. Like the slowest of all the crafting skills. What gives me the big bang for experience is learning a new rune when making a glyph. There are only so, many of those. So, even it you don't want the effect, use it on a low level glyhph and learn it.

Get an add on for the map that tells you were the aspect stones are (or whatever the round ones are called) so you can make something. I never have enough of those. I keep the runes I want, and grind with the ones I don't, for example stamina.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Continue extracting drops, but also start crafting; with enchanting, every source of XP is precious, though extracting crafted glyphs from players nets you much more XP than extracting dropped glyphs.

Nestor wrote: »
    Get an add on for the map that tells you were the aspect stones are (or whatever the round ones are called) so you can make something. I never have enough of those. I keep the runes I want, and grind with the ones I don't, for example stamina.
    Runestone nodes are random. Harvesting an Aspect rune from a certain node does not guarantee it will be Aspect again when it respawns.
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, do not discount pickable chests in world. If you find a good circuit for hitting chests, run it a couple of times. You can pick up a lot of glyphs that can be deconstructed to help level the skill, along with getting both empty and full soul gems, gold, and weapons/armor.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    Runestone nodes are random. Harvesting an Aspect rune from a certain node does not guarantee it will be Aspect again when it respawns.

I wondered how that would work, since I have seen different rune types on the same node. But I have also seen some nodes that always give me the round ones. It could be that I have not been back to them often enough to see a change.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    I will be the first to admit that my level with this crafting line is still in the teens.

And at my level (near VET1) finding glyphs sucks.

To many people just seem to farm them at the higher levels in the hopes of getting the ultra high level items. And when you finally find one and it yields yet another TA ... you just want to shoot yourself.

But although extracting other player's glyths do net you more XP, the XP you gain from dropped glyth at my level is quite good. It only seems to take 20 - 30 to gain another level. With those kinds of levels farming them is managedable. It is not like it was in the lower zones where deconstructing a glyth would yield just enough XP for you to wonder if maybe the inspiration bar wasn't going backwards.

To the OP, all I can say is be tolerant with this skill line. Because a number of players have all but given up on it due to the slow progression.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Enchanting at 24, and decon makes the bar move a TINY amount using the highest glyphs in the VR6 zone. This skill takes forever to level, but I am assuming there will be glyphs that are better than what I can buy from a merchant by then.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at Enchanting lvl 33, and I've found that you get twice as much IP from decon of a green glyph as you do from a white one. The same jump with blue and purple. If you can afford to burn green and blue potency runes, it will speed up the decon rate.

Either send the runes to a buddy to craft and return for decon, or do it on an Alt with a return mail bounce. Or even better, trade with a buddy that can also burn green & blue potency runes to speed up the IP rate for both of you!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great info here. Thanks everyone.

Going to be getting started soon. Wish I could have last week with the super cheap respecs, but oh well.
  • Gokmak
    Gokmak
    ✭✭✭
    send the runes to a buddy to craft and return for decon

This. Go farming, send all your enchanting mats to a higher level, have them make stuff for you. Fastest way to level, by far.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save stacks of each type of rune, potency-essence-aspect. Mail off to fellow enchanter for them to create glyphs and return to you for decon.

Learn new rune translations and use skill points to let you use higher level potency/aspect runes.

Create glyphs for another enchanter to decon.

Buying high glyphs and runes to use works too, but can be a lot more expensive. Gathering glyphs from mobs etc works too, but not as quickly in my experience.

Profit's guide: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73398/profit-s-guide-to-leveling-enchanting-quickly-‏/p1
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    believe it or not, high level crabs drop glyphs often. I didnt bother killing crabs until I was about ~VR3. The ones I remembered as a noob didnt produce much. Later as I was in VR zones I killed a few and noticed the good loot they dropped. I then killed all the ones I saw, searching for them even... I got lots of glyphs that I decon'd and much more loot as well. Try it and see. I cant comment on zones less that ~VR3 because I hadn't really killed any since maybe level 15.
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally. Got level 20 from a book. ;) Have been all over with my Enchanter doing quests and reading books and one finally dropped.

VR glyphs now. Very good.