The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is anyone else consistently underleveled at the end of Grahtwood?

Epona222
Epona222
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I have now run 2 characters through Grahtwood, and they tend to arrive in the zone at level 18.

The end quests in the zone are level 24, and the quest that takes you to the next zone is level 26.

I have done every quest in the zone (have run around over every part of the map looking for quests, and have also checked walkthroughs to make sure I've not missed anything), and have just hit level 23, and this is not the only AD character I've had this happen to.

So I enter the zone 2 levels higher than the early quests in Grahtwood, and leave the zone 2 to 3 levels lower than the early quests in Greenshade - there just doesn't seem to be sufficient quest XP in this zone to keep me up with the quest level.

Is this something that other people have experienced, or is it just me (on 2 characters now)? I really don't fancy having to grind for 3 levels just to make sure that I am not underleveled for Greenshade. Haven't had this issue in any other faction.
Edited by Epona222 on August 12, 2014 11:05PM
GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, i've only run 1 character through Grahtwood, a Wood Elf Templar, and he was almost level 25 when he finished and moved on to the next zone.

I don't remember doing anything special in terms of grinding etc.
    ;-)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Hmmm, i've only run 1 character through Grahtwood, a Wood Elf Templar, and he was almost level 25 when he finished and moved on to the next zone.

I don't remember doing anything special in terms of grinding etc.
    ;-)

If the answer is "no, it is just you" then that is fine, but now wondering what I might have missed. :D

I have explored all over, I've done enough quests to get the achievement for the zone, I've done the faction quests and got the achievement, I've done all the dungeons, I've wandered about mindlessly killing things - but I know the quests in Greenshade are going to be higher level.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if it's any consolation, i felt overpowered when i move on to Greenshade ...
    :)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK I think I might have worked out what is bothering me.

I think some quests in the 2nd zone have had the level that is displayed in the journal increased since I last did them, even though the quests themselves remain unchanged.

So Sunder Root quests for example are now marked in the journal as level 18, when they used to be level 16. The quest that took me to Greenshade showed up in my journal as a level 26 quest, and when I get to Greenshade the quests near the start of the zone are level 24.

I also noticed similar in Stormhaven which is the 2nd DC zone, the quest involving Sir Hughs and his dream used to be flagged as level 16 but is now level 18.

So I think it's just that some quests in the 2nd zone have been marked as appropriate for a couple of levels higher than they used to be (which imo is correct in some cases), and I've only just noticed it.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 13, 2014 4:27AM