The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix Soul Tether

ozmorgudduth
ozmorgudduth
✭✭✭
Fix Soul Theter it's broken. Just got almost insta-killed with Soul Tether by 6 VR level char that I threw 3 daggers at while he was seigeing a keep.

He did 3838HP dmg from Soul Theter while he healed from almost 0 % HP to full before I finished the opening 3 Flying Blade throws, he had around 2100 HP while I have 3115, I was buffed to ~2.4k armor and spell resist when I got this "kick-in-the balls" contra.

What else have you broken again...
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one shotted by a craglorn Archer, who did 2.2k damage.

There is something wrong with the uncapped damage, and with the critic damage calculation.
  • ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing is that I rarely die, usually I "leave" if I can't kill something. Today I got instaspammed to death with venom arrow and then Soul Thetered before I used 5th abiltity in a combo and I'm only starting the fight after 4th ability - ONLY if the person knows how to break from stalth stun and does i straight away after first Flying Blade...

That Soul Theter solo contra was zomg of the day.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems fine to me, it's a pricy ultimate, does a little more damage to one target than soul strike, but the enemy has to stay within a 5 meter radius for the duration whereas soulstrike is good up to 28+ meters.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time something has a change and someone encounters something they are not used to, they cry for nerfs. If you had gotten the drop on them and played it right, there's no reason they should've been able to run around with it. Also, Soul tether is an ULTIMATE. It needs to be recharged and is not spammable. Stop crying people, learn 2 play. FYI Yes I have a NB (and a Sorc) that are both now VR12, and no I don't use poison arrow nor soul tether usually. However, find a way to counter it, be faster, outsmart your opponent, etc.. or maybe refine your own build if it's not working as it used to, many changes have been made to abilities, sets, etc...

Being able to dish more damage goes hand in hand with having our stats caps raised (health, magicka, stamina, etc..)
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a bug, this is not a buff, nor it is a NB only problem.

Many skills now do insane amount of damage. I don't believe any skill or ultimate suppose to do 3k+damage instantly.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every time something has a change and someone encounters something they are not used to, they cry for nerfs. If you had gotten the drop on them and played it right, there's no reason they should've been able to run around with it. Also, Soul tether is an ULTIMATE. It needs to be recharged and is not spammable. )

So, where's my ULTIMATE that does half of it? I'd be happy to get that damage OR the healing, got none of it in any ULTIMATE.
    Edited by Vahrokh on August 7, 2014 6:38AM
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bug with the new ultimate scaling that causes some skills (magma armour is another one) to scale with magica, stamina, weapon power AND spell power.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Seems fine to me, it's a pricy ultimate, does a little more damage to one target than soul strike, but the enemy has to stay within a 5 meter radius for the duration whereas soulstrike is good up to 28+ meters.
    How is this pricy its only 150. Its almost as good as nova and that costs 300
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the record, I have been *** this ability all day.

I'm sure it's bugged, but man it feels good to use it.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    How is this pricy its only 150. Its almost as good as nova and that costs 300

Nova is an aoe, soul tethers high damage portion is single target. Nova also gives you damage reduction, tether doesn't - and, by using tether, the nightblade is giving up the massive aoe damage and 60% mitigation he would otherwise have with veil of blades.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to take my NB in to see Mr. Mannimarco tonight before they fix this then. Maybe even good ol Molag Bal too.

Too bad both of these guys move around so much....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭
    Every time something has a change and someone encounters something they are not used to, they cry for nerfs. If you had gotten the drop on them and played it right, there's no reason they should've been able to run around with it. Also, Soul tether is an ULTIMATE. It needs to be recharged and is not spammable. Stop crying people, learn 2 play. FYI Yes I have a NB (and a Sorc) that are both now VR12, and no I don't use poison arrow nor soul tether usually. However, find a way to counter it, be faster, outsmart your opponent, etc.. or maybe refine your own build if it's not working as it used to, many changes have been made to abilities, sets, etc...

Being able to dish more damage goes hand in hand with having our stats caps raised (health, magicka, stamina, etc..)

You tell me to learn to play, teach me something I could have done during this 5 second engagement that would prevent me from dying almost instantly.

I'm buffed by Boundless Storm move 24% faster with 77% crit chance from crit+hp+stam pot, with 202 weapon damage and 2.4k armor AND 2.4k spell resistance, 3115 HP, I'm healing from Critical surge with 50% of crit value and yet this guy steps out of his trebuchet turns around does some funny damage with Ambush and then I die almost instantly.

I'm listening.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its hit me for almost 400 damage a second through Blocking with a 1 handed/shield...Non crit..

Think about that

• ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭
    Its hit me for almost 400 damage a second through Blocking with a 1 handed/shield...Non crit..

Think about that

I know, but this does not matter, magic words have been spoken, learn 2 play... That's why I want him to teach me, teach me everything, even how to feed my horse better, so it would be faster than a horse fed by noobz. I have found my master Wiciousayz, sorry for the typoz, ViciousWayz, my journey to greatness is on the right track now.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the damage is a bit extreme, but I don't think it should be nerfed to oblivion. but then again im a NB, so my opinion is biased:/ just to throw it out, I myself rarely get hit by it. it is an ultimate, and needs to be charged.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    the damage is a bit extreme, but I don't think it should be nerfed to oblivion. but then again im a NB, so my opinion is biased:/ just to throw it out, I myself rarely get hit by it. it is an ultimate, and needs to be charged.

If it was 300 damage base, it actually wouldn't be that bad.

When the long duration dots start going past 400 damage, they start becoming a problem i've found.

• Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You tell me to learn to play, teach me something I could have done during this 5 second engagement that would prevent me from dying almost instantly.

I'm buffed by Boundless Storm move 24% faster with 77% crit chance from crit+hp+stam pot, with 202 weapon damage and 2.4k armor AND 2.4k spell resistance, 3115 HP, I'm healing from Critical surge with 50% of crit value and yet this guy steps out of his trebuchet turns around does some funny damage with Ambush and then I die almost instantly.

I'm listening.

If you block any attack you won't get cc'd by it so blocking is a good idea to not get stunned. Furthermore i bet he used ambush+suprise attack to get to you and get your armor down and all your fancy resistances would be for naught. These skills' animations are pretty fast and its possible you didn't catch all of them due to lag/latency etc. or maybe you were playing late at night and weren't all that aware idk.
    After getting hit by soultether though you need a strong heal (no tiny critical surge) or kill the nb withing the next 2-3 seconds

EDIT: i gotta say though there seems to be some kind of problem with latency and healthbars not updating/syncing on time and not registering you've been hit but the system still realizing you should be dead and thus ppl drop from 100% hp to death in 1 second
    Edited by Yusuf on August 8, 2014 12:17AM
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    They increased all the softcaps so it is only normal when people deal more damage. And if you go full glass-canon, don't be surprised if you get one-shoted.
  • Siddartha
    Siddartha
    u guys act like its staying in-game...its a bug like magma armor it will get removed 100% like they corrected the silver bolt thing

its not a buff of NB class

no DK using standard atm cause magma doese arround same dmg and u get none + u can move + a synergy ..u cant be serious that this 2 ultimates are planed to be like this :)

and btw for ppls who say charging ultimate.....u have fun at pvp like in this scenario... stay at teleporter spam heal get ultimate rdy in couple sec rush out use aoe ulti hope u kill some....than redo....GG nice PvP...i know thats like this the pvp look in general atm but i favor to keep distance from this AP grinding

just my 2 cents
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »

There is something wrong with the uncapped damage, and with the critic damage calculation.

Craglorn Archer NPCs have been doing this for a while. You need to move out of the red. Unless you are talking just a basic attack LOL.

But really, why should there be damage caps? They are capped, it's within the same limits that everyone has (we all get the same amount of attribute points, spend them how you like!!).

Soul Tether was partially useless and now it's nice. But guess what? It's an ultimate and it's more effective vs a group of people but still effective against one. If you'd like to go down a list of all the things that do more damage than they should, this will turn ugly and all classes will be severely affected.

Are people new around here to the internet and MMOs? Nerfing causes more nerfs which cause more nerfs until eventually you may as well just hit with basic attack, which will probably get a nerf for doing too much damage since everything else was scaled down to it's level.

An ultimate, should be... AN ULTIMATE. Not barely better than a sneak attack. You don't have infinite ultimates to spam, you need to build them up. What is needed, is every class needs an equal opportunity to be able to regen ultimate faster or reduce the cost, etc.. That's all. Let's not turn this into a witch hunt and wind up going back to stage 1 of nerf bombardments of which would affect and upset more players than those complaining in this thread many times over.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on August 9, 2014 7:53AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Craglorn Archer NPCs have been doing this for a while. You need to move out of the red. Unless you are talking just a basic attack LOL.

But really, why should there be damage caps? They are capped, it's within the same limits that everyone has (we all get the same amount of attribute points, spend them how you like!!).

Soul Tether was partially useless and now it's nice. But guess what? It's an ultimate and it's more effective vs a group of people but still effective against one. If you'd like to go down a list of all the things that do more damage than they should, this will turn ugly and all classes will be severely affected.

Are people new around here to the internet and MMOs? Nerfing causes more nerfs which cause more nerfs until eventually you may as well just hit with basic attack, which will probably get a nerf for doing too much damage since everything else was scaled down to it's level.

An ultimate, should be... AN ULTIMATE. Not barely better than a sneak attack. You don't have infinite ultimates to spam, you need to build them up. What is needed, is every class needs an equal opportunity to be able to regen ultimate faster or reduce the cost, etc.. That's all. Let's not turn this into a witch hunt and wind up going back to stage 1 of nerf bombardments of which would affect and upset more players than those complaining in this thread many times over.

I don`t like to play a game of one-shot wars. Assassin classes will always have the upper hand in such games, since they can rely on first strike most of the time.

I get instanuked by bow attacks, ambushed & surprise attacked by around 2k+ wearing full impen already. Soul tether is just too much, cc + damage of hell in combination with unbreakable stuns, skill delays and lags is just crazy. There is so many problems with the game`s performance & bugs that make such damage spikes not counterable in many circumstances.

Best regards
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

from what i have seen, those NPC archers hitting those levels is pretty common..

also if you are playing DK, you can reflect those murder shots back at them...

Which is quite fun, if further evidence that scales is doing quite a bit more than its description would suggest..
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://imageshack.com/i/p2SmBO9zp

2651 Soul Tether

Dead in about 2 seconds.
    Edited by Brizz on August 9, 2014 10:26AM
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • forthewinn2
    forthewinn2
    ✭✭✭
    @‌Brizz was this death recap taken just before you posted it? I'm wondering if this has been fixed.

I just tried soul tether in pve and although it's tooltip is completely bugged, the actual damage it did was the same as it was prior to 1.3.3.

Also were there any other enemies nearby? I'm wondering if this has something to do with the synergy option, as the damage you took seemed to be split into two portions.
    Edited by forthewinn2 on August 9, 2014 4:00PM