The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can i get some straight answers on some skills please

Devlinne
Devlinne
✭✭✭
I've searched....and searched....so many different answers.
Hope someone can help.

1) Dk skills: Whip,flame strike,engulf,talons. Ultis: Standard of might, corrosive armor. Are they affected by spell crit or weapon crit? Spell damage or weapon damage.

2) Sorc skills: Streak, Thunderous form. Are they affected by spell crit or weapon crit? Spell damage or weapon damage.

3) Nb skills: Swallow soul, ambush. Ultis: Veil of blades and soul thether. Are they affected by spell crit or weapon crit? Spell damage or weapon damage.

If you got the answers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Devlinne: VR12 NB
Demonos: VR12 Sorc
Devin Flames: VR12 DK
Hellzanger: VR12 Templar

Thats right. ALL CLASSES.
  • Devlinne
    Devlinne
    ✭✭✭
    @AshySamurai Thanks for the link. That answers my dk SKILLS question. I am grateful.
    However please bear with me.
    As the rough consensus here is, a skill that is a class skill, is affected by spell power, and if it is melle range it crits off weapon crit.

From this, am i to assume the answer to my sorc skills questions is crits off weapon crit?
    I am confused because streak and thunderous form are kinda small RADIUS spells and not RANGE. So that classifies them as melee?
    If not is there a different application theory for aoe?

Sigh, the answers all over the web all differ-__-
    Edited by Devlinne on August 9, 2014 6:43AM

• AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the rough consensus here is, a skill that is a class skill, is affected by spell power, and if it is melle range it crits off weapon crit.
    Yep, it seems so.

Also check this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGOwZHb4sXY

About sorc - I dont think sorc skills use weapon crit but I dont know because I dont play sorc. If you want to know for 100% sure - you can just check any skill you want in PTS.
    I'm not sure, but it seems like if you can get bonus from stealth then skill use weapon crit. But again I'm not sure for 100%!

P.S. I dont know why ZOS ignore posts like this ('cause this isn't the first post and not only on this forum). Maybe the system just doesn't work as intended and ZOS don't want to admit it ZOS dont have enough time to answer because they need to work on skills/class balance :lol: ?
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorceror skills are all spell crit, none of them benefit from melee crit.

The dragonknight uses melee critical for searing strike, flame whip, and stonefist. All other abilities use spell critical.

The templar uses melee critical for radial sweep, puncturing strikes, focused charge, and sun shield. All other abilities use spell critical.

The nightblade uses melee critical for deathstroke, assassin's blade, teleport strike, and veiled strike. All other abilities use spell critical.

Additional things to note:

Sorcerors can benefit from melee crit in a roundabout way through the critical surge morph of the surge ability, because it heals you whenever you crit with any attack - that includes weapon attacks (both light/heavy attacks and weapon abilities).

For Dragonknights, only the initial damage portion of searing strike uses melee critical, the damage over time portion uses spell critical.

Edited by Lynx7386 on August 9, 2014 1:44PM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Devlinne
    Devlinne
    ✭✭✭
    @Lynx7386. Bro....i know alot of ppl are sarcastic on the internet...but believe my sincerity when i say....YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!! Damn. I wish zos had someone like u onboard who can just answer something straight out.

Thanks so much. i wish there was a way to give u both an insightful and an awesome^__^

Edit: by the way. I copied your statement to my desktop notepad, if i ever need to refer back to it.
    ZOS! U SHOULD MAKE HIS POST A STICKY OR SOMETHING!
    Edited by Devlinne on August 9, 2014 3:06PM

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really just compiled info from a dozen other posts on this board =P
    PS4 / NA