The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Basic help needed

PrinceBoru
PrinceBoru
✭✭✭✭
I'm on a Mac.
I play in fullscreen windowed mode.
Many forum posts mention quiting the launcher.
At what point can I quit the launcher?
I'm confused because the only way to access the launcher is if the game has not launched.
Am I missing a trick with OSX spaces?
Do I even need to use the launcher?
It ain't easy being green.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    I'm on a Mac.
    I play in fullscreen windowed mode.
    Many forum posts mention quiting the launcher.
    At what point can I quit the launcher?
    I'm confused because the only way to access the launcher is if the game has not launched.
    Am I missing a trick with OSX spaces?
    Do I even need to use the launcher?
    The way to quit the ESO Launcher once the game is launched (pressing Play on Launcher), if you are in Fullscreen mode then use any of the key shortcuts to return to Windowed mode i.e.

cmd+M
    cmd+F
    cmd+Tab

You can also set your own keybind in-game control settings. Or use Video settings to select Windowed though that long way)

Once in Windowed mode you can select the Launcher and quit it (cmd+Q) If you still have focus in the ESO game window press Esc then click in the Dock iicon for Launcher or press '.' key will also tab the cursor focus.

This way you launch the game then quit the Launcher which would really only be necessary with low installed RAM (4GB) really.
    Edited by Moonraker on August 6, 2014 3:31PM
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you Moonraker.
    I'll give it a whirl and report back.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    That works. :)
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    I'v always wondered why they leave the launcher running, always saw it as bad code. Why not kill the process on game load.

Is their a real reason for it to be running ESO Team? A big part of programing is memory management so I always figured their was a reason I wasn't aware of for it to be running..