Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possible Solution - Launcher hanging @ 'Loading...'

Axzaril
Axzaril
✭✭
I say this is a possible solution because it worked for me. It may or may not work for others.

I've had the issue of the Launcher sitting there stuck with the word 'Loading...' showing and it does not progress from there. I have tried multiple things from port forwarding, checking all my drivers, adding rules to my firewall, making sure Java was up to date, removing Adobe Flash Player. Probably most of the suggestions floating around here and from ESO tech support.

I had a similar issue with the Star Citizen launcher where it would hang and would not update or allow me to run the Hanger module. The only work around I found was to use a free vpn service to mask my real IP address/location.

So tonight I installed Ghost VPN - http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/
Lo and behold the ESO launcher got past 'Loading...' and proceeded to load correctly. I masked my IP address from showing that I was in New Zealand to being in L.A. I closed my launcher multiple times and it progressed past 'Loading...' within ten seconds.

So if you're having this issue then you could try the above, it might work for you.

Good luck.

Ax
Edited by Axzaril on May 5, 2014 9:09AM
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    holy crap it worked!

was horribly throttled to dialup speed but once the download started i just closed the ghost and viola, slingshots finest unlimited speed!

kaiora, you th man
    Edited by Kiwi on May 5, 2014 8:13PM
    A large yellow rectangle

• Axzaril
    Axzaril
    ✭✭
    Kia ora back at ya my follow Aotearoa-ian.

Glad it helped.
  • Rukestaa
    Rukestaa
    Soul Shriven
    yep! worked like a charm. fellow kiwi here as well.
    I'm thinking now that all my problems and issues I have had with this game may stem primarily from being in NZ. Sucks but at least now it's fixed.
  • Axzaril
    Axzaril
    ✭✭
    Rukestaa wrote: »
    yep! worked like a charm. fellow kiwi here as well.
    I'm thinking now that all my problems and issues I have had with this game may stem primarily from being in NZ. Sucks but at least now it's fixed.

Once you've started the patching process with the vpn you can pause the patch, turn off the vpn, resume patching and it should patch quicker.
  • NightRain
    NightRain
    ✭✭✭
    Nice nice, it worked. Thank you! Fellow Kiwi here too. I hope this kind of software won't get us banned. I wonder if there is a permanent fix.
    Edited by NightRain on May 9, 2014 8:51AM
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice nice, it worked. Thank you! Fellow Kiwi here too. I hope this kind of software won't get us banned. I wonder if there is a permanent fix.

nah the supports said i should keep using it until a real fix can be sorted out

its because some of our ISPs ( im on slingshot ) block certain p2p

the patcher apparently uses p2p ....

so the biggest issue we will have is being false flagged for p2p and getting throttled to dialup like a badboy torrent user

the best thing i guess to do is call up the isp and talk to them about it but really, i have no idea what to say to them.
    Edited by Kiwi on May 9, 2014 7:45PM
    A large yellow rectangle

• snakeeyes00
    snakeeyes00
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys

I can't believe this fix actually worked. I have exactly the same issue since the game went live and I live in Auckland. Like the OP I have tried many different solutions. Always happens after a patch and is so frustrating.

For the last 2 days, since the massive patch I have been stuck on the loading screen and have been getting pretty mad as I haven't been able to get in-game at all. I tried that link and downloaded the program. Once it was installed it changed my IP to somewhere in Germany. Open the launcher and it went straight to the download stage. Now I am a happy camper.

Guess it is living in NZ and our ISP (I'm with Telecom too)

Brilliant. Thank you very much
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Does it work with fatal errors or slow download speed?
  • shilo
    shilo
    Soul Shriven
    October 2014 - it works (NZ)! I was beginning to think I had been subjected to the great internet rip-off, 5 days to download and nothing happening... still saying 5 days to download, but at least it is actually downloading now :)
    Edited by shilo on October 3, 2014 5:24PM