The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, what colors are everyone going be to using?

Mataata
Mataata
✭✭✭
Personally I made my Argonian blood-healer with purple being her color of choice in mind, so I think I'll go with maybe a sanguine red main tone with shiny purple and green highlights.
My Khajiit, on the other hand, is intended to be an expelled Mages Guild member, so I think I'll have her in dusky blue with silver and yellow highlights.

What colors do you think will fit your characters?
Edited by Mataata on July 30, 2014 11:47AM
I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a night blade, so black. Just like my soul. ;)
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My female Breton Dragonknight - I'm thinking silver with a little pink, heavy armor.

My Male Khajiit Nightblade - I'm thinking all black medium armor, because he is completely black he will be like a shadow. Original I know!

My Male Altmer Templar - I'm thinking gold light armor, with a white and green trim. Very pompous.
  • siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    black with yellow trim and pink sparkles with unicorn shapes.
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White with gold trims for my Imperial Templar (going for the oblivion palace guard look).

Different shades of green and brown for my Bosmer PvP Nightblade, just to see if camo makes a difference in Cyrodiil. Otherwise black with red trims.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone trying to be 'kewl' will use black, they always do, in every game with player dyeing, it's such a cliche it's laughable. Black-clad 'thieves' of course will lead the way, closely followed by black-armoured DKs .. these will be black/red(orange) for obvious reasons.

Next there'll be a bunch in pink, because they can.

For me, dyes are pointless IMO without a cosmetic system that allows me to wear attractive gear .. allowing me to dye something that's totally f'ulgy doesn't make it attractive .. putting lipstick on a pig never works.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 30, 2014 7:12AM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Altmer sorc will go for shades of rich brown and orange on light + medium armour, while my Khajiit NB will probably look her best in dark brown with golden highlights on her medium armour. I love earth tones for TES armour.
    PC-EU
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am quite fond of black, and i would like to use it as my primary color, but I might reconsider as many others will most likely use it. Perhaps a deep shade of purple or blue.

• shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    HOT PINK! :D
  • Eirikur
    Eirikur
    ✭✭✭
    Realistic colors with low saturation. Perhaps a mix of charcoal and dark crimson for my dragonknight. Moreover I'm going to strongly discriminate against anyone using silly dyes, such as in those screenshots of neon-colored superhero-themed armors. :)
  • deathmasterl_ESO
    deathmasterl_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well considering pretty much everything I own is black, clothes, tv, computer, phone, etc etc etc I'm probably going with Black, Black and more Black. Also I'm not emo, I just don't like colorful things.
    Saevus Messor Imperial Dragonknight Vr14 Aldmeri Dominion
    Talia Spiritus Imperial Nightblade Lv17 Aldmeri Dominion
    Naomi Athael Altmer Sorcerer Lv8 Aldmeri Dominion
    Nyanta Raimanni Khajiit Templar Lv4 Aldmeri Dominion
    Sina Nightwind Bosmer Dragonknight Lv4 Aldmeri Dominion
    Leader of the 1st Infiltration and Scouting Division
    Master Weapon and Armor Crafter
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None. I generally wear a costume so it's pointless to add dyes to my armor given how little time I spend on the character selection screen.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying for natural earth tone colors since this one likes to blend into the background and strike unseen.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    My Khajiit is a sorc healer/dps (Holy Lightning) so she will be wearing white with blue accents. Plus blue is my favorite color. With all the other ones.. We shall see.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None until i can match the colour of my shields. :D
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour Ash Black,
    Nightshade Purple &
    Dominion Fisher Yellow (the closest to gold I could find)

Been playing on test and those's three colours together give the look I was after on my armor
    Edited by Natjur on July 31, 2014 1:51AM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power Ranger colors, I'll be hot pink in heavy armor. We will be dancing at a bank near you.

Because when you think elder scrolls, you immediately think hot pink right? I guess its better than the 90000 people that will be black and red.

(note I will not actually be using hot pink and dancing at a bank, I do, however know a group that plans to do just that)
    Edited by Laura on July 31, 2014 1:57AM
  • pilotfish
    pilotfish
    ✭✭✭
    I will use the exact same colors as you.
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    But hey, the fact that you can re-dye you armor however many times you want means that I can dance in hot pink armor in front of the bank and adventure in something more attractive next.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mataata wrote: »
    So, what colors are everyone going be to using?
    Yes, everyone please list their favorite colors so i can make sure to *not* use those ...
    :D
  • Rrokanrolle
    Rrokanrolle
    ✭✭
    Probably try a brown or green with purple trim colors.
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope people wont dye too fancy and absurdly, that it will feel like I'm in the circus. I hope that it will still look like an es game after the update.
    Just imagine everyone running around like a marvel comic superhero O_O
    Edited by Vraneon on August 1, 2014 9:14AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Altmer Sorceror will probably get bright blue, maybe dark blue for the detailing.

My Dunmer Dragonknight will probably get dark red, maybe yellow or orange for details.

My Khajiit Templar will probably get white or silver, not sure about secondary colours here.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • LexPrometheus
    LexPrometheus
    Soul Shriven
    Natural brown like leather with silver ornaments.
  • Zebug
    Zebug
    ✭✭✭
    First @pilotfish Thank you!!!! lol. I didn't even know he was still alive.

As for the topic, Steeler Black and Gold baby!!!!!!!
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My university colors were black and red, so don't knock me for picking that for one of my characters. Might make a "Green Goblin" outfit if I can find the best armor match for that.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    My university colors were black and red, so don't knock me for picking that for one of my characters. Might make a "Green Goblin" outfit if I can find the best armor match for that.

The high-level Bosmer heavy helmet might be good for that.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashlander Grey, Soul-Shriven Grey, Expert Grey and a Dark Blue. The greens are meh. Fighters Guild Red looks ok. I used Questers Yellow to give a pale yellow sheen to metal. Moonstone White seemed quite strong when mixed with other colours. I don't have many colours, perhaps 30 tops.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread