The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

defeating Molag Bal while primarily using two-handed

Kreetar
Kreetar
✭✭✭
greetings.

so, as someone who plays this game mostly for the lovely aesthetics and who just has a love for exploring & collecting, I'll say that I'm not very good in battle. I have this tendency to push every button at once and hold my breath until the foe is dead. :p

that being said, Molag Bal is proving to be quite difficult for me. I half blame it on the feeling of "this is the big boss, this is supposed to be super difficult so let me spaz out and die 100 times due to unnecessary anxiety :s ". but even when I can stop being such a baby, he's still whooping my ass and I blame it on my use of two-handed weapons. the only ranged attack I have experience with is Silver Bolts, and I have no experience with a shield. I'm probably going to get a lot of "well then learn how to block and stop being a baby" feedback but was mostly wondering if anyone managed to beat him by primarily using two-handed. :#

thanks for the helpful replies! beat him with bow & the Siphoning ability "Funnel Health". that combination really worked and turned the fight into somewhat of a joke when I look back on it. :p
Edited by Kreetar on August 1, 2014 10:32PM
dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

• Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    What class are you? I did not have any difficulties with my DK 2-hander.
  • Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    Azarul wrote: »
    What class are you? I did not have any difficulties with my DK 2-hander.
    Nightblade. I mean, regardless, I will carry on and persevere...but...

• LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    I beat with a 2-handed NB using siphoning a lot.

You can block with any weapon. You have to block to beat the adds. Blocking reflects their attacks and kills them.

Block the add attacks, roll out of the red areas, roll through Molag Bal and beat him on the back. Stick and move, stick and move, Red makes you Dead.

Bring plenty of potions.

Honestly, range is the easy mode to beat him.

This fight it a survival fight, not a dps fight, you just have to outlast him.

There are four or five fights that were a lot tougher than him.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the fight twice with 2H Templars but to be honest their healing wasn't hugely important.

This is a battle of attrition that can last a long time, you hit him a couple of times to do some damage then have to avoid his AoEs, then hit him again.

There is a critical moment when the Titans spawn where you have to quickly get into position where you can block all their attacks, MB himself doesn't seem to do much while they're alive, after that it's back to toe-to-toe hitting then circling round to avoid his hits. He'll hurl blue fireballs endlessly but any heal skill should be enough with a pot or two maybe.

I'm absolutely not one of those who says this fight is 'easy', meaning if you're struggling you must suck, but after getting 4 characters to VR I do think this is one of the easier fights once you get the hit-circle-hit-circle-runfromhisjump-hit-circle rhythm established.

My other two were a Sorc and a Legolas Bosmer wannabe and I certainly agree with @LariahHunding that ranged classes have it a somewhat easier, mainly because they can spend less time avoiding AoEs so the fight is shorter.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on August 1, 2014 6:45AM
  • suelothvar
    suelothvar
    ✭✭✭
    my Nb simply used light attacks from bow and siphon dot.... he was easy.. them hoard of fire spamming mobs, that can for some reason ignore my stealth, as a vamp were far harder than he was :P also the game cheating and randomly 1 shoting me when he threw fire balls on way to him, regardless of me being well out of red circle didnt help!!
    Edited by suelothvar on August 1, 2014 4:29PM
    Seraklan - Nightshade EU
    Beardybpbear. Xbox1

No console text chat = discrimination against the deaf!
  • Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    I've done the fight twice with 2H Templars but to be honest their healing wasn't hugely important.

This is a battle of attrition that can last a long time, you hit him a couple of times to do some damage then have to avoid his AoEs, then hit him again.

There is a critical moment when the Titans spawn where you have to quickly get into position where you can block all their attacks, MB himself doesn't seem to do much while they're alive, after that it's back to toe-to-toe hitting then circling round to avoid his hits. He'll hurl blue fireballs endlessly but any heal skill should be enough with a pot or two maybe.

I'm absolutely not one of those who says this fight is 'easy', meaning if you're struggling you must suck, but after getting 4 characters to VR I do think this is one of the easier fights once you get the hit-circle-hit-circle-runfromhisjump-hit-circle rhythm established.

My other two were a Sorc and a Legolas Bosmer wannabe and I certainly agree with @LariahHunding that ranged classes have it a somewhat easier, mainly because they can spend less time avoiding AoEs so the fight is shorter.

hmm. so if I beat his group of titans once, do they keep re-spawning through the fight?