The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changing the style and trait for an item....

jelliedsoup
jelliedsoup
✭✭✭✭✭
It would be nice to have the option to change the racial style, and trait for either dropped or crafted items (more so dropped) so you don't have to look like a drop-kick in some of the styles and change the trait to something you'd prefer. You should have the required skills to do so in the appropriate area, but this option would be good to have.
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    Hmm...I kinda like looking for stuff and thought that was kinda part of the fun of these games. The everquest for loot to not make you look like a clown. Isn't that on everyone's quest journal? *grin*

All I want is a preview pane so I don't bind something just to see what it looks like.
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea! I think we should also have a skill line allowing us to change a sword into a battle axe, or a bow, or a staff, or a fishing rod, or stale radish.

That'd be awesome. I can see from here a huge market for blue daedric stale radish with infused trait. ZOS, you gotta give us that skill line. NEED!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Traits are built in at creation. To make a weapon faster means it is built different than a weapon that deals out more damage. So, it makes sense that traits are immutable.

Nice thing about loot in this game, there is always more loot and a more suitable trait just around the corner in the next dungeon.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of dislike this idea. Takes the crapshoot out of loot. Loot = you get what you get.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • moxiesauce
    moxiesauce
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to change traits on gear, there are some nice set bonus's coming in 1.3 but the traits on some are basically useless.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most loot is shite. The chance of getting something decent, with a trait you want, and in a style you want is pretty much 0.

Ive used 1 dropped item since day 1.

If you don't want to do it, don't. It would be a good option to have. You can improve dropped items. That seems acceptable for some reason.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on July 31, 2014 10:42PM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Yeah i think u should still have to have the motif and mats, i would like to change look of drop armor i dnt craft simply because i want gear ice worked for that requires skill and not just gathering stuff. But dnt always like the style and if i have to motif and mats i dnt understand why not
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only we could research set bonuses like we research traits. Gotta research every piece the set comes in, and then you can make your own.

(Though I do approve of any method to change the appearance of an item, and am generally in favor of being able to alter traits at some cost.)
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC