The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tips for AOE sorcerer build with 2H (or bow if necessary)

Vunter
Vunter
✭✭✭
Hello! I'm a glass cannon and with single target I have no problems (critical rush FTW).. But i'd like to have a skillset for AOE too and i need help. At the moment I'm VR5.
My char is an altmer and he uses light armor, I'm not a vampire (no bat spam then).
I leveled bow to 29. If we can't find a build with 2H, I am willing to restart to use it.
So.. What do you suggest?

PS: In the forum, there's the section for skills devided in class skills, world skils, race skills, etc, but there isn't a section for entire builds..
Edited by Vunter on July 31, 2014 6:53PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruction Staff.

All I need to say, but of course here is more. Once you get that baby to where you can get the AoE spells, then you can take on Public Dungeons Solo. No group of mobs will stand before you when you combo Wall of Elements and Impulse then follow up with Mages Fury on the individuals who need a little more love.

You will even find yourself kiting them into larger groups just for giggles and efficiency.

Ping me in the game tonight and I will even make you a couple of Staffs with the Training trait so you build this quicker. Just give me the trait gems if you can.
    Edited by Nestor on July 31, 2014 6:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Destruction Staff.

All I need to say, but of course here is more. Once you get that baby to where you can get the AoE spells, then you can take on Public Dungeons Solo. No group of mobs will stand before you when you combo Wall of Elements and Impulse then follow up with Mages Fury on the individuals who need a little more love.

You will even find yourself kiting them into larger groups just for giggles and efficiency.

Ping me in the game tonight and I will even make you a couple of Staffs with the Training trait so you build this quicker. Just give me the trait gems if you can.
    Thanks for replying and for the offer, but there are already a lot of light armor + staff players out there, i want to feel special lol
    Edited by Vunter on July 31, 2014 7:10PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vunter wrote: »
    Thanks for replying and for the offer, but there are already a lot of light armor + staff players out there, i want to feel special lol

Put on a disguise, no one will know it's you :D

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcs are lacking a powerfull ae ultimate so 2h-ae is rather useless as its dmg is low (its gimmick is the high ultimate-gain wich doesent help as a sorc lacking sth like standart/veil of blades/bats/nova...)
    bow aes are doing measly dmg or are overtime effects wich will not do much dmg if your enemys remain mobile.
    so the best advice i can give is accepting to rely on destrostaff if you want ae-dmg.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorcs are lacking a powerfull ae ultimate so 2h-ae is rather useless as its dmg is low (its gimmick is the high ultimate-gain wich doesent help as a sorc lacking sth like standart/veil of blades/bats/nova...)
    bow aes are doing measly dmg or are overtime effects wich will not do much dmg if your enemys remain mobile.
    so the best advice i can give is accepting to rely on destrostaff if you want ae-dmg.

I'm actually trying to do a sorc/bow build myself, hopeing pets/rune prison will help to lock down enemies for the AoE's to do their job.
    Achievements Suck
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GnatB wrote: »

I'm actually trying to do a sorc/bow build myself, hopeing pets/rune prison will help to lock down enemies for the AoE's to do their job.
    the knock away of volcanic rune is to large for the bow ae saddly so you knock them out of your dmg area by yourself :/
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h damage is not low. You just have to not utilize the right skills and play a race that supports stamina.

I play a red guard sorc in full med..stack surge momentum and boundless storm and I crap on large groups. Pure stam also allows for 1.1k sustained single target DPS.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War