The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest: The Great Tree [SPOILER]

alexmoldo2001b16_ESO
alexmoldo2001b16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I am curious about a certain part of this quest, where the player has the option to use Intimidate or Persuasion skill. I would like to hear what the consequences are.

I will tell how i did the quest, maybe other players will remember it and can share their experience.

The Quest is given by the Altmer Queen in Auridon, and I had to talk to the Khajit Captain Jimila to take me to the next Island. Before she took me there, she offered a drinking contest between me and her. If I win, i get my private cabin on her ship, if she wins I have to do her laundry for one week, as far as I remember. I accepted the challenge, the screen turned black and i appeared behind some rocks nearby. The captain was gone. Obviously I lost. I traveled to another city where she had her ship (The Crowler) and talked to her. She also seemed to have a blackout from drinking too much, but told me that she thinks she won. Now I had three dialog options:

[Intimidate] Shout at her that she is a liar and I won.
[Persuade] [Lie] Tell her that I won and she did embarrassing things while drunk.
Admit that you lost.

I checked online for more than 20 minutes about consequences, but couldnt find anything. On the one hand I actually want to admit the truth and find out how the quest would continue; and on the other hand using the dialog skill usually rewards the player.
In the end i decided to say the truth. Her reaction was something like: okay, are you ready to take the ship now? Quite disappointing.
So I would like to hear what difference it makes to use the skill at this point.
Edited by alexmoldo2001b16_ESO on July 28, 2014 5:31PM
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    It's the Prowler, by the way.

I'm pretty sure both Intimidate and Persuade will allow you to win the contest. I just did Persuade, and it's hilarious. She sputters around and admits to some pretty crazy things.

As for Intimidate, I played that before, and I'm sure she conceded, but I don't remember the details, unfortunately. In any case, I've never seen Intimidate not work, so it's a pretty fair bet.

In the end, it doesn't matter which choice you make because she is still going to take you to Grahtwood and nothing will really change gameplay-wise. The other two are mostly for the minor experience and just an interesting sidebar.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a slight difference in just where you land on the island, but overall, your going to the island in one or the other.

IIRC, you can ask the other captain to take you there if your not a drinker.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"