The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Impenetrable on New PvP Gear Fix - 1.3

Pixysticks
Pixysticks
✭✭✭✭✭
The developer changes to the new PvP gear releasing in 1.3 are an absolutely amazing improvement--- but without putting impenetrable on it before 1.3 releases, it will be unusable (the trait itself is better than any set bonus in the game).

Please either:

1.) Put it on every piece of PvP gear

Or

2.) Make it so we can change traits of gear in a way similar to enchants

Or

3.) Remove the trait from the game and make 400 Impenetrable the 5 piece set bonus on all PvP gear.

Or

4.) Remove Impenetrable from the game and reduce all damage in PvP by ~15-20%.

WXkHwJ6.jpg
Edited by Pixysticks on July 30, 2014 1:42PM
Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the traits are ridiculous. Exploration trait on a VR12 piece of PvP armor, meh.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove all and make it a pvp set bonus imo
    Edited by Lowbei on July 30, 2014 2:33PM
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lowbei wrote: »
    remove all and make it a pvp set bonus imo

Making it a 5 piece set bonus on the 3 Faction PvP sets would be a great fix for the time being.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »

Or

I like these options the best.

I think option #1 would be the best by lowering the amount of impenetrable per piece and have it on every piece of the pvp gear sets, in addition to, another trait.
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or nerf impen slightly to make other traits viable. It may mean crit builds are fotm but depending on the size of the nerf shouldn't make them to op.
    Edited by lathbury on July 30, 2014 2:46PM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Or nerf impen slightly to make other traits viable. It may mean crit builds are fotm but depending on the size of the nerf shouldn't make them to op.

Yeah it really just needs a nerf, I say this with a full set of it. But they need to do it slowly month by month. The other choices are just not worth it, the bonus from each point is massive next to a few extra points of magic or alike.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »

Or

I like these options the best.

I think option #1 would be the best by lowering the amount of impenetrable per piece and have it on every piece of the pvp gear sets, in addition to, another trait.

As a permanent fix you have to lower the amount of Impen per piece, or even remove it completely from the game. Or else they should just completely rework the way in which some abilities work [that are solely based off of crit]. For instance if you just removed Impen from the game and replaced it with a flat % damage reduction, this would accomplish the same thing without rendering the skills and abilities of some classes useless.

If I had to pick a permanent solution I would say to remove Impen from the game and replace it with ~3% damage reduction in PvP, per piece. So a full legendary set would give you ~20% damage reduction instead of -70% crit reduction chance.
    Edited by Pixysticks on July 30, 2014 3:07PM
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The picture doesn't show every piece in each set. Some pieces probably do have impen on them. You just won't get all of them to have impen on them. This is just one of the weakness of non-crafted gear.

But yea, they do need to replace those explorations and skill line exp traits with something else.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on July 30, 2014 3:18PM
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

I would call for a soft cap being placed on Critical if Impen is changed. Right now its easy to get 100% crit value for burst moments.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'd like to see the other armour traits be modified to become desirable enough that Impenetrable isn't stacked as being "the only good stat."

But, on the other hand, I can already crit on people with full Impenetrable sets. Nerfing Impenetrable would just give me even more crits.

I'm good with whatever, but I still favour making the other traits more worthwhile above all else.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it really just needs a nerf, I say this with a full set of it. But they need to do it slowly month by month. The other choices are just not worth it, the bonus from each point is massive next to a few extra points of magic or alike.

Than we also need to nerf spell- and weapon critical rating or player dmg in PvP. There has to be some sort of balance between survivability and burst.

I'm sure you notice this as well, you encounter some VR12 recruit or volunteer aka milkdrinker and they die in a few seconds, because you crit them into oblivion. They only use PvE traits like mundus/infused, not knowing any better.

People dying that quickly isn't fun or good PvP. That's the future of all fights if we only nerf impen without adjusting other things.
  • Harnesh
    Harnesh
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly on topic but had a thought, how about impenetrable be higher on heavy lower on medium and light. Would at least give a reason to wear heavy.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The singular problem with ALL PvE games that have some form of PvP is that players can't be bothered to understand how all the ability/gear/mechanic nerfs they cry for so they don't get steamrolled in PvP negatively effects PvE. Then the game company nerfs said ability/gear/mechanic because they're tired of listening to PvP bads crying about it without testing how badly it screws up PvE then they have to go back several patches and re-tweak the nerf and eventually it ends up with broken abilities/gear/mechanics.

PvP bads will always screw the game over negatively, one way or another. There are really only 3 solutions:

#1 - Game company doesn't listen to PvP bads (AKA CCP with Eve Online). [Best option, but hard because Bads sure do cry LOUD]

#2 - Rework the game so it's a PvP game that has some form of PvE in it (AKA Eve Online and a few others). [This option would likely kill ESO as the vast majority only PvE]

#3 - Remove PvP entirely so the game is one giant fluffy care bear fest with happy rainbows and Skittles. [This isn't as horrible as #2 but would still cause some serious loss of revenue for ZoS]
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impen doesn't need a nerf, that's peoples answer to everything! nerf nerf nerf! The people complaining are probably p**sed because they can't 1 shot crit someone when they're in Impen!
    Edited by SC0TY999 on July 30, 2014 5:02PM
  • Magitha
    Magitha
    Soul Shriven
    SC0TY999 wrote: »
    Impen doesn't need a nerf, that's peoples answer to everything! nerf nerf nerf! The people complaining are probably p**sed because they can't 1 shot crit someone when they're in Impen!
    I Think the same but some classes have specific passives for crit(NB),
    Khajit Racial %6 melee crit. This is a problem.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SC0TY999 wrote: »

I dont care how high your impenetrable stat is, that first shot is always going to crit you. If it does not, the devs need to learn what 100% means. Absolute, guaranteed, no question, always.

In any case, a properly specced NB can still outcrit a full Impen suit, and it was never about the one-shot.

Most "one-shots" in this game are lies, it was a series of attacks that all hit at the same time.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

Than we also need to nerf spell- and weapon critical rating or player dmg in PvP. There has to be some sort of balance between survivability and burst.

I'm sure you notice this as well, you encounter some VR12 recruit or volunteer aka milkdrinker and they die in a few seconds, because you crit them into oblivion. They only use PvE traits like mundus/infused, not knowing any better.

People dying that quickly isn't fun or good PvP. That's the future of all fights if we only nerf impen without adjusting other things.

No one said nerf it into the ground.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes just a slight nerf nothing massive just to make other sets viable ie balance. Zenimax said they wanted pve gear to be viable in pvp and vice versa well impen is redundant in pve and as already stated anything other than impen is suiccide in pvp.