The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear ESO.

Boyos
Boyos
Recently on 7-28-14 I received a e-mail from you, asking me to please fill out a survey as to why I did not subscribe to your game after participating in the beta. I went to fill out this new survey today and apparently I did not respond in time (this being the 31st of July 4 days after I got the survey). Which in my opinion is a prime example of why I did not subscribe to your game.

After participating in the beta for your game I was disappointed that, your game was just more of the same "hot key" fantasy MMO. You tried to do some new combat mechanics, and failed. You tried massive PvP but there's plenty of other games I can do that in, and they do that better, and your biggest downfall is the fact that you feel in the day and age of the Free to play model, you want to charge me 15$/month after I pay you 59.00$ to begin with.

Now I understand you need to make money but selling your game at a full retail box price of a AAA game, is completely unacceptable. There is no way in anyone right mind that they would pay for this game the same price they would pay for a AAA game. I know you are used to making AAA games, but frankly if you cant see the trend of how box priced MMO's have gone to the trash can in the last few years then your just ignoring the obvious. I have no issue paying for an account or having a monthly fee of 15$ in a game to keep updates coming and the servers running but, having the initial price of 59$ is just insane.

After the time I spent in the beta, I could tell the game was a single player game with a multiplayer aspect forced into it. For example, when you do quest in any other MMO of killing 10 skeletons, you kill the skeleton with a guy in your party both participants get credit. In your game I would have to kill 10 skeletons by my self and my friend would have to kill 10 skeletons by his self. Another prime example is, when doing quest that was a group quest, we had to kill a necromancer and get an item off his corpse. Any other MMO that would have this quest would let anyone who helped kill this person get the item they needed once they killed the spawn. in your game we had to kill it multiple times in order to get the item from the spawn, and on top of that we had to fight for the rights to even kill said spawn with other groups of people.

In conclusion, you may have a fine game on your hands, but frankly you have made some poor choices on executing your game. I might try your game out again when you decide to go free to play, but if I was you, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sincerely

Scott
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of what you talk about is already addressed or being addressed. You can argue it should have been addressed before release but . . .

As far as "your biggest downfall is the fact that you feel in the day and age of the Free to play model you want to charge me 15$/month". You won't find any love here for that sentiment. Hell no on any F2P model. Thanks.

I also think you miss understood what a beta means. You came into the beta expecting a "free trial". That wasn't the betas intention. But hey, you got your F2P during beta.
    Edited by Dominoid on July 31, 2014 1:50PM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adios
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• ZOS_LodieA
    We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave The Elder Scrolls Online community. Boyos, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now per our Code of Conduct policy on quitting/goodbye threads.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.