The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting Orc Armor

sgtsgt
sgtsgt
I'm level 7 now and would really like to craft some orc armor as I am an orc. My problem is I have no idea where to find the style stone to do this. I have found 10 times over stones for all the other styles but my own. I read that blacksmiths sold them as well but all I find are weapons / armor for sale. Is there any place in particular I can find an orc style stone so I can craft?

Thanks!
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    As an Orc you should automatically be able to craft Orc stuff. No Motif stone required. The racial stones come from deconstructing loot armor and can be purchased from the craft vendor. I believe that's Manganese, which is cheap to buy. You could also give a WTB chat shout out.
    Edited by Tarukmockto on July 30, 2014 9:37PM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can usually buy the needed racial mats from the vendors that are near the workstations.
    ;-)
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an Orc you should automatically be able to craft Orc stuff. No Motif stone required.
    You always need the style stones.

I'm not sure why you can't find them at the vendor. Maybe you're checking the wrong one? Which alliance are you in?
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @Rosveen: Thanks for the clarification. I included that comment to be sure the OP wasn't confusing Motifs with Style stones.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • sgtsgt
    sgtsgt
    Thanks everyone. I will look at other vendors. I was checking the blacksmith cause that is where it said they can be bought but they only sold armor and weapons.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vendors by forges usually have Manganese for sale for 15 gold each. Anyway if you play on the EU server let me know and later tonight I'll send you a bunch of Manganese for free.
    Edited by Khenarthi on July 31, 2014 11:54AM
    PC-EU
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny, since I seem to find more Orc and Redguard stones that any of the others. I've been selling them to my trade guilds for dirt cheap just to offload them.