The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mechanics, repairing walls etc.

Kcttocs
Kcttocs
✭✭✭
Can someone explain the mechanics of repairing the walls, setting up siege equipment, putting up forward camps etc...?
Most of the time I get in with a big group and help take keeps etc, but have not tried repairing walls or setting up a forward camp. I want to start being a little more useful to my group other than healing and using my super nova at the appropriate time. And I really don't want to ask in TS and be the big VR8 Dummy lol.

What are the actual keys you need to press if you have the proper items?
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres an arrow at the top right hand of your inventory window..click that(it shows only slottable items)..your Q pie chart will open and you drag and drop whatever item you want to use like siege weapons or stone into your Q pie wheel.

Then you select that specific item and left mouse key to drop the siege weapon(depending on what you have your hotkeys set up like)
    Edited by Tintinabula on July 30, 2014 6:25AM
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    Buy equipment from the siege merchant at your faction's gate camps or from resources/keeps that your alliance controls. Load the equipment into your hotkey (like a potion), then use it (again, like a potion). Camps and weapons show a yellow circle on the ground where you can place them and a red circle with an X in it where you cant. To use repair kits on walls and doors, load the repair kits into your hotkey like a potion, target the section of the wall or door that's damaged, and fire your hotkey as if you were drinking a potion.

Currently the siege weapon repair kits are more expensive to use than simply buying a new siege weapon, though that is changing in 1.3, I think.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    after you place a siege weapon can you pack back up for later use? thought I might have read that somewhere.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can but it has a timer on it that's displayed by a little health bar..you can also buy siege repair kits to fill that bar back up.
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    So what's the timer? about an hour?
    Also, I tried burning an enemy camp a while ago, but I think someone got to it first, will it pop up on screen, and just press E to burn?
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO not an hour..more like 5 minutes tops and if the siege engine is damaged the damage it takes eats into that time as well.

PS (yes about pressing E to burn siege equipment)
    Edited by Tintinabula on July 30, 2014 6:39AM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It amazes me that many players wont repair a wall after helping knocking a hole in it. You get 27 AP for every 'brick' you put back in (more depending on server and guesting changes) which is more than you'd get for, say killing another player.

I've been asked by players in my guild if I'd be so kind as not to repair a wall as they are chasing AP for a run at emp, which is fine of course and I'd happily oblige. It's amazing that others don't see repairs as helping with your own self advancement rather than unnecessarily burning through your own AP earned which many seem to think is the case.

It just doesn't make sense to live in Cyrodiil anymore.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great feedback guys! Exactly what I need to know so I can be a little more productive in PvP.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive also noticed (not for sure if its at a certain tick or what) but say i buy 100 stone..sometime during the process of using that 100 stone ill receive all my ap back that I spent on the stone...same with FCs. and wood
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    It amazes me that many players wont repair a wall after helping knocking a hole in it. You get 27 AP for every 'brick' you put back in (more depending on server and guesting changes) which is more than you'd get for, say killing another player.

but each wall repair kit costs 300 AP, so I guess many don't see it as being worth it (which is a shame).

Fortunately that's not an issue in our groups, all repair, wall back up fast :)
  • beka
    beka
    Kcttocs wrote: »
    And I really don't want to ask in TS and be the big VR8 Dummy lol.

This is such a common question that I will preemptively briefly explain how to repair whenever I have a new person my group. If you are afraid to ask questions for fear of seeming ignorant, how will you ever be anything but ignorant? There's not really a manual for ESO PvP. Your fellow players are your best resource to learn and improve. Use them. If the players in your group are jerks to you for asking questions (assuming you're not being disruptive) then they're not really worth grouping with.
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    beka wrote: »
    Kcttocs wrote: »
    And I really don't want to ask in TS and be the big VR8 Dummy lol.

This is such a common question that I will preemptively briefly explain how to repair whenever I have a new person my group. If you are afraid to ask questions for fear of seeming ignorant, how will you ever be anything but ignorant? There's not really a manual for ESO PvP. Your fellow players are your best resource to learn and improve. Use them. If the players in your group are jerks to you for asking questions (assuming you're not being disruptive) then they're not really worth grouping with.

The leader was barking orders, and chat was extremely busy with folks talking close to 20 people in the channel. I've only pvp'd a couple of times so this seemed the forum to ask. I don't mind asking questions, and the first time I ran with a big group "Zerg" I guess they are called, I learned a lot and it was not very chaotic at all, but this last time, it was a bit chaotic, so I just ran with the pack and helped where I could. I've only ran with a big group twice now, and once with my guild mates of about 5 at the time and we were just ganking.