Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any benefits to taking crafting all the way to 50?

UncleTaint
UncleTaint
Soul Shriven
I'm currently approaching 40 for most crafting skills. I've been religiously dumping skill points in as I level up and I noticed: All the top-end skills (that I care about at least) seem to be unlocked at 40.

To the best of your knowledge, does grinding past that affect anything?

The only possibility I can come up with is refining/deconstruction outcomes may improve, but I don't have any solid evidence of that being the case.

Best Answer

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this stage in the game, no. If you expect ZOS to expand crafting later then taking it to to 50 now would probably be a motivation, but right now 40 is the cap as far as skills and abilities are concerned.

Deconning results are based on your character level, and only then it seems to affect the rate of your getting the base material (ingots, leather, cloth) not tempers, gems, etc.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 30, 2014 7:15AM
    Answer ✓
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    You get nothing above 40 right now, however some achievements will depend on in after update 3. So might be worth getting there to unlock a few dyes, but not having it won't make you a worse crafter.
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong. Taking your crafting skills past 50 affects several things including the exact nature of the materials you receive from your hirelings and likely how well you extract materials.
    Edited by skeletorz_ESO on July 30, 2014 5:31PM
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes