The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was the original dialogue options in Coldharbor intro restored?

Chatoyancy
Chatoyancy
✭✭✭
I need a sanity check. Back at the end of beta, the dialogue options in the Coldharbor intro were cut down a lot, plus a number of other changes were made to shorten the play time of the intro and it was made skippable on future characters. I remember being really annoyed that the dialogue was cut down because you didn't have to go through it all anyway, and it added more to the story. Cutting it just made the plot hard to understand. However, it was done; game released with the shortened dialogue.

Yesterday, I just went through the intro again for kicks, and while all of the other last minute changes were there (which is fine), I swear that the dialogue has been restored back to what it was before.

1. I'm not misremembering, the dialogue has been restored, right? It's been a couple of months.
2. If it did change, anyone know when it happened? I don't remember reading anything in any of the patch notes about it.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea... would have to replay that to find out.

LOL replay that .
    Indeed it is so...
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What exactly was changed? I didn't even know it was nerfed.
    Edited by gurluasb16_ESO on July 23, 2014 8:46PM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes pretty certain it has been restored. Lyris telling you that you're dead and Mannimarco killed you, among other things.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll a new character last week and it seem to me to be the same as launch day.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Chatoyancy
    Chatoyancy
    ✭✭✭

I have the absolute worst memory of these things, but the things I vaguely remember:

1. The amount of dialogue was drastically cut down. The only character that I don't think had any dialogue cut was Cadwell, but all the backstory stuff about why you were there and that you were dead was removed, but seems to have been re-added.

The stuff that was last-minute changed but didn't change back (that I remember):

2. You used to be able to pick up any weapon type. Then they changed it to only a sword. Then for release, they changed to what it is now (which is an acceptable compromise).

3. Before you got the skyshard, you had to collect pieces first or something.

4. The fight at the end is... different? I don't remember what was different though, just that it was different. The jump into the portal thing was also different somehow.
  • Chatoyancy
    Chatoyancy
    ✭✭✭
    Roll a new character last week and it seem to me to be the same as launch day.

Out of curiosity, do you mean early access launch day or actual launch day?
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chatoyancy wrote: »

I have the absolute worst memory of these things, but the things I vaguely remember:

1. The amount of dialogue was drastically cut down. The only character that I don't think had any dialogue cut was Cadwell, but all the backstory stuff about why you were there and that you were dead was removed, but seems to have been re-added.

The stuff that was last-minute changed but didn't change back (that I remember):

2. You used to be able to pick up any weapon type. Then they changed it to only a sword. Then for release, they changed to what it is now (which is an acceptable compromise).

3. Before you got the skyshard, you had to collect pieces first or something.

4. The fight at the end is... different? I don't remember what was different though, just that it was different. The jump into the portal thing was also different somehow.

There was also an additional intro area you had to pass through - "The Ashen Mine" ? - which was cut because of feedback about the tutorial being too long.